Welcome to the Envato Forums and Community!We take great pride in our global and thriving community, it’s part of what makes the Marketplaces and Envato sites such a friendly place to participate in. Our focus on forum rules and guidelines is one of transparency and mutual respect. We invite all users who wish to participate, give feedback, or have their say to do so!
We aim to take a transparent and common sense approach with forum rules and moderating. Before using or participating on the forums, please do familiarize yourself with the below rules and guidelines. If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact a support member.
- Post threads in the correct section and marketplace, “All Marketplaces” is only to be used if it is truly relevant to them all.
- Ensure any threads discussing ways to improve an item that was not accepted go in the “Item Discussion” section where this is permitted.
- Get to know your fellow members and peers! Help out new users with any questions, be active, and share your feedback. Participating and affecting the community in a positive way will make you eligible for the Forum Superstar and Community Superstar badges.
- Please offer respect to your fellow users, staff, and moderators and refrain from personal attacks, calling out another user and/or their item, and refrain from posting copyright accusations on the forums. If threads become personal or heated towards a user, reviewer, or staff member the thread will be locked/removed and further actions may be taken. This includes calling out specific items or authors on the marketplaces, which will not be tolerated.
- Send any account issues or problems you have to support. Support checks the forums when they can, but the only way to guarantee they’ll see and resolve your issue is to contact them directly. Also, be sure to search the Support Center and the forums (via the search tab) before starting a thread with a question. Chances are it’s already been answered!
- Spam. These threads will be disabled and users warned and/or banned.
- Solicit for any kind of material support, donations, aid, etc. While they may be well intentioned, such requests are sure to attract the wrong kind of attention. Also, due to the high risk of scamming, or "identity theft" related activity, such threads are frowned upon and will be locked.
- Duplicate threads will be locked to keep the forums clear, please do a search before posting a new thread and check out the recent threads from the past few days. There is a good chance the topic has already been started.
- Self promotion is not allowed on the forums, for examples and clarification, see the below section title A Note on Self Promotion. In addition, promoting outside services or competitors is not allowed on the forums.
- Post any threads discussing or link to piracy and/or warez sites. These do more damage than good and will be locked or disabled. Report any copyright, piracy, or warez violations to Envato Support, and see the Knowledgebase for info on Copyright Support.
- Go extremely off the topic of the thread in question. We understand the forums are a fun place and a little off topic chat never hurt anyone, but the mods may step in to steer the direction if needed.
- Discuss or link to offensive topics, such as pornography, violent themes, sexism, racism or other discriminatory subjects, even as a “joke”. Users doing so will receive a warning and further action if needed. Threads of a political or religious nature are not appropriate for the marketplaces.
- Post or solicit any kind of racism, flaming, trolling, harassment, discrimination of any kind, or behavior deemed by the Envato staff to be intentionally abusive or inappropriate will result in an immediate warning. Further violations can escalate to account freezes and bans.
- Create forum titles in all capital letters.
Anti-censorship, Pro Constructive Feedback!
We value the feedback and input we get from the community. Seriously. As long as posts abide by forum rules and guidelines, we’ll step back, take note and respond to input or feedback given. If you have any issues or something you’d like to discuss privately please do not hesitate to contact Envato Support via the help page on the Marketplace. Our Community Mods are here to help and to steer the conversation and give any input needed. If you have questions about the forums let them know!
Our Warning and Forum Ban Policy
We will temporarily or permanently ban members from the forums for repeated rule breaches, including our policies on trolling or any other form of consistent disruptive behavior. Forum bans will usually be temporary and will only be used when other alternatives have already been looked at and have not been successful. To avoid disruption to your forum privileges, please observe the rules in this document at all times and always follow staff and moderators direction. Moderators will report serious rule infractions and a warning or forum ban may result. If your account has been banned (temporarily or permanently), you will still be able to browse the forums, but not be able to comment or post new threads. You will still be able to comment on items and access to other site services will be maintained. Support will contact you at your registered email address in the event that your account has restrictions placed on it with further information.
Community Moderators are long time members of the forum who have volunteered to help lead the forums. The moderators&squo; role on the forums is to provide users with any assistance they may need and to ensure forum rules are followed. Mods are here to help you and treat you with respect, and in return we ask that you also remain respectful towards them. Learn more about the Community Moderators in our Knowledgebase.
A Note on Self Promotion
Because of the commercial nature of the Envato networks, authors are expected to understand and respect the fact that using the forum to post links to one’s own items, or to give away free files to the community, is not allowed. This practice effectively undercuts the hard work of all authors who wish to sell their items fairly, and as such it is not tolerated.
If you’d like to post a link to your item to get feedback or discussion on how to improve it, it must be posted in the “Item Discussion” section of the forums.Envato Specific Items: If you’ve made a special item or app that is specifically Envato related and desire to post it on the forums, contact us first please.
Lastly, we encourage you to above all have fun, get to know your community members, and enjoy all the forums have to offer. It’s a friendly place with plenty of talented people and we’d love to see you participate!