Posts by Deriggs007

95 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

If you have the money, you could almost forgo buying a traditional platter drive (HDD)

While SSD’s are still more expensive, within the past month they have dropped prices by a lot. You can pick up a 1tb SSD for roughly $350-$400. Which while it might be still somewhat ‘expensive’ compared to a normal 1TB drive. The quality of the part you’re getting (something that’ll last much longer then an HDD) and the fact that it performs 20x faster than a HDD, it’s worth the investment in my eyes. But this is JUST if you have the money.

For the RAM – I would recommend atleast 16gb, but pay attention to how much you use – It’s true that you’re not going to see a benefit with the more ram that you have, but if you’re doing a lot of work, like video editing or more. 16gigs still might not be enough for what you do, but if you want to save a little money and grab an 8gb kit and come back to add in another kit of it, that’s fine. I also agree with at least 1600mhz – This is the standard

Gskill has the best price/performance ratio. Corsair if you want the performance, but there are other good alternatives to both of these.

AMD vs Intel – I would definitely go INTEL for sure. UNLESS you’re looking for one of the chips with an onboard GPU, in which this case, AMD is ahead… but I would never recommend the onboard GPU over a stand alone card.

As for what generation of CPU you should get on the Intel side – Honestly, if you don’t mind overclocking or would enjoy giving that a go, I’d grab a 2700K if you can find one. You’ll spend less money, and these are ‘golden’ chip’s. Meaning these will overclock quite well. This is the chip I still have and I have it cooled under an Corsair H100 at 5.2ghz for everyday use, it is still cooler and faster then any 4770K running at 4.8ghz.. and to get a 4770K at 4.8ghz for every day use, you’ll need an actual water cooling loop :-)

The newer Intel chips skimped out on the internal cooling (solder vs’s a paste now) so they actually run much hotter when overclocking, nor do they overclock as well.

While AMD offers up more cores, most software does not take advantage of the extra cores today and if they DO take advantage of the cores, Intels architecture + speed still helps it to outperform an AMD setup. My advice is to just go for AMD only if you want to save money or need an onboard GPU built into the CPU (APU is what they’re called)

Motherboards, I would run with an Asus, but just do a review of the latest boards at http://www.newgg.com and see what people are grabbing now a days. Stay away from Asrock and Foxconn – While they do produce good boards, they also have the ‘worst’ ones as well.

For a GPU – It really doesn’t matter what you get. I’ve owned them all, and I’m the least biased person about GPU’s. They all have driver issues from time to time, and the performance is always about neck to neck. Personally, I’ve felt ATI AKA AMD has the better built cards and better price/performance ratio as of late. And I’m a person who is running Nvidia GPU’s.

For the brand’s on the GPU – MSI, Sapphire, EVGA, Asus are what I recommend. If you go with Nvidia, I would highly recommend getting an EVGA thanks to their customer satisfaction.

PSU’s. Corsair is great, same with Seasonic, again just do a quick review to see what’s being bought heavily right now.

Case – Just find one that you like. I personally have an NZXT Switch 810 and couldn’t be happier with it :-)

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Build your computer, don’t buy a prebuilt one like Dell:)

It’s very simple to do and you’ll be able to customize it to your hearts content. While it might be harder to troubleshoot if something goes wrong compared to a traditional setup, you can get better parts, and the parts that typically fail first (RAM, HDD) have warranties that’d last much longer then a prebuilt system like a Dell.

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Thank you much – Yep, I’m already about done converting it to HTML/CSS.

Then I’ll upload that and hopefully generate more sales and then convert that puppy to WP :-)

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Woo, I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone! Glad to finally be an author, even if we don’t generate many sales.. lol

:)

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says
This type of information should work, correct? http://prntscr.com/34zs1a http://prntscr.com/34zrjp http://prntscr.com/34zs8v

Same with a few others. Not so bad to just ask, now it’s up to the reviewers if they allow this.

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

So, according to the image you linked me. I am allowed to use that image, correct? If so, that image is for a game called Dota and those are characters from that game, even though that artist made a concept of them. Are user created concepts based upon certain games allowed then?

That being said, I do have contact with some gaming developers. It might not be with some of the big companies like EA. But I do have permission to use such artwork from the developers as they know it’s not going to be sold, it is just going to be used to PREVIEW the theme.

My question is – How do you release a gaming theme, without being allowed to use gaming pictures… lol

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

All of those images are not in the downloadable file. They are for preview purposes only, and I mentioned that. And what they are not making clear to me is there is a difference between THEMEPREVIEW IMAGE and THEME PREVIEWS. There is a difference as you have the 590×300px image as well as the screenshots of the product.

I linked a search of gaming related content, that every single theme has on in every single screenshot, gaming related content (or movies). They tend to be allowed, but I am not. So I wonder if it’s the screenshots provided in the overall theme preview. Or just that single 1 JPG image at 590×300px which DOES have those images on it.

In either case – I have found other content that will fit the theme from users on dA that have given me permission to use their work. I have screenshot our messages and I am going to provide links to every single image and their profiles + their permission to use these images in.

If you think that the big game developers won’t let you use their work. Well, out of 8 themes I just looked at. 5 of them are using them from the big developers such as EA… so either they’re allowed, or Envato did not deny them in their previews.

Thank you though, I really appreciate the feedback.

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Hello, you use images from games. It is not allowed. Now TF is very strict about it. Stricter than earlier. You need to replace these images with something else–stock photos, or public domain images. I am not sure that there are game photos for free or for sale but try to search, otherwise you will get rejections again and again.

Odd – Some of the releases were within 1 month, a month where I’ve been submitting the design and getting it rejected for the same reason. If I have proof of permission to use these images, would it be allowed then? I’ll change them out with some drawings on dA and ask for their permission.

That’s about all I can do – This is like my 10th submit, and it keeps getting denied with something that doesn’t take more then 5min to fix, but each time I submit it, a reviewer disagrees with something and could of told me to fix it the first time around. It’s as if they’re trying to keep me from submitting it lol

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

Oh, hello

Anyone?

95 posts
+1 more
Deriggs007 says

This also means you can now use Microlancer and make more money then what you did just selling and editing your products…. this works out both ways.

If you’re being out bid by quality people, consider lowering your rates to be competitive. All Microlaner does is give a client base the opportunity to find professionals and gives freelancers from Envato the ability to freelance.

What’s wrong with this?

by
by
by
by
by
by