Yes, it’s 590×300 now. However I still don’t think that I was drunk or high yesterday The fact that I’ve posted exact image size, gives me believe that I’ve checked image properties – so it wasn’t a mirage. Anyone else saw big preview yesterday?
I’ve posted a ticket to support team recently asking for more detailed comments – and got comment that my design would be accepted as HTML /WP template, while PSD is still rejected.
I’ve noticed an item that has big preview image (590×812) instead of standard 590×300. Are dimension restrictions on A step-by-step guide to the upload process page not up-to-date? Is it allowed to upload bigger preview images?
Here’s link to the item: http://themeforest.net/item/sixguin-modern-psd-template/2862550
promola saidI guess you should check name availability every time just to avoid such unpleasant situations. Anyways, I think that theme name isn’t not the main or only reason why your item was rejected. Take a look at comments above.
I didn’t see that “Gonzo” but mine looks nothing like it, I guess I should search ThemeForest first before I decide on a name. But who has time to do that, anyway thank you for the comment.
promola saidGonzo? Really? http://themeforest.net/item/gonzo-clean-responsive-wp-magazine/2415788
Got a hard rejection http://promola.99k.org/demos/gonzo/
Regarding the theme:
- Menu elements and not having enought contrast
- Slider nav elements have no padding
- Pages lack vertical padding in general
So what do you think?Gabriela, I think that you have a nice smile. And regarding the design – it seems to be very themeforest-like – almost sure that it will be accepted. I’d think about changing next things
- the slider title – more background to the right (add padding) and make font bolder
- icons – make inner shadow not so dark
- footer – check out other items on themeforest – maybe you’d like to use some common widgets
1. President’s profile – try traditional alignment – photo first, text 2nd. Align text to the left
2. Quotes – the icons seems too unattractive not aligned
3. Quotes again – too small spacing. Too short text.
4. Buy me – not aligned to text
5. The colors in general – site seems to be too heavy
6. Blue area next to icons – alignment of text is really strange
7. Grids and alignment in general – do you use it? I can’t see any logic in elements placing/alignment.
Just personal opinion – maybe I’m wrong in some points.
IMO You have rather big publications titles and really small text @ slider. Maybe, if you change slider text options it would fit into your design better?
It seems that I’ve got answer to questions #1.2 and #2 – it’s allowed to add full-size screenshots to preview archive. One of my files had Cyrillic symbol “c” instead of Latin – this was causing the error. I’ve rename the filed, fixed that symbol – and submit was successful.
Still would be great to get confirmation on text below.
I’ve been trying to submit my PSD template recently and was always getting to the page with this error: Whoops, Something Broke!
Finally I’ve been able to find out what was the reason – my theme preview archive contained screenshots of all pages. That was causing the problem. Once I’ve removed all files from archive except for 590×300 preview, file was uploaded successfully.
Unfortunately, upload guides aren’t really detailed, so I have a few questions regarding PSD template submission – maybe community will be able to help me.
1. Three uploaded files. You are supposed to upload three files during PSD template submission. They are: Thumbnail, Theme Preview, Main File(s).
1.1 Thumbnail is a 80×80px image. This page (http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/354) says that GIF is acceptable, but I was getting an error trying to upload GIF file. JPG worked fine. Is information on guide page incorrect?
1.2 Theme Preview is a ZIP archive, containing preview images.According to page (http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/354) main preview image should be 590×300 JPG . Also it’s said that I can create Preview Image Set using 900×900 images. Guys, ca you please share a link to PSD template on themeforest having such Preview Image Set? I used to think that Preview Image Set is a list of screenshots – but they seem be have bigger dimensions. Adding screenshots to this archive caused errors.
2. How can I upload screenshots of my PSD templates? Are there any restrictions to file size, dimensions, etc.?
3. Once I get my project approved – does it appear on themeforest accessible to everyone? Or maybe it’s published in draft status and author still has possibility to update description, upload screenshots, etc.?