Posts by Joost

3691 posts Community Moderator
    Helps us moderate the forums Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+ Located in Netherlands Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

The only thing which is bugging me a bit is the lack info on which version of flash opens the items. It has stopped me from buying an item today, will have to ask the author, which seems a bit backward.

I wasnt aware that piece of information was missing??

I think it does show on the new files, but I had to re-select CS3 and Flash8 on all my files for those icons to appear.. which was a <Not so nice word goes here>

I suppose they’ll look into that sometime soon? :o

Helps us moderate the forums Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+ Located in Netherlands Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
I bet if they make a contest some pretty badges would pop out. :)

I see what you did there.. :D

Also, I agree on this issue as well as on the smiley’s one – great attempt at detail, too little space to do it in, unfortunate ending. :(

+9 more
That being said, a grid view option would be nice in addition, but not in place of the current view.

Exactly. It would be great when we had the option to choose, but I’d surely vote for a version with images rather than the list if we could only have one :o

+9 more

I suppose anyone able to make 3D stuff should get started as soon as they can, since at first there will be zillions of people looking at the new marketplace, but merely any files on there! Heaps of exposure, go go go :D

+9 more
I remember lobbying for the following idea before so here it is again, copy and pasted from this old thread.
...to improve exposure embed a thumbnail gallery flash [or javascript] component in the recent and popular tabs that updates itself every few seconds (see mock-up here). The component will pull data from FD’s back-end database. For the recent tab there will be a table in the database that acts a pool for items recently submitted. Every item submitted has a time-stamp and when that time-stamp exceed 5 or 7 days it is pulled from the pool. Items are randomly selected from that pool at each interval, with no precedence given to any item in the pool. Even though the component updates itself automatically at regular intervals a user visiting the site has the option to pause the component or force a refresh via pause and refresh buttons. For the popular tab, items are selected based on their rate of sale, with a rate of maybe 15-20 sales/month required for items to appear in this pool. This approach will make much better use of the current real-estate…
Using the above you would be able to exceed the 30 item limit but maintain the current layout…

That is, in fact, a genious idea. Except for it perhaps being somewhat heavier than simple images, I do not see any downsides.. :D

Oh well, 21 to 30 thumbnails is already an improvement of nearly 150% ;)

+9 more
I had a similar issue and support solve it

Heard it from more people :o But support is awesome, as always :D

+9 more

Sales have been slightly slower here, although as I’m still on such a marginal amount of sales, I cannot be sure if it wasn’t just a regular fluctuation. ;)

+9 more
There’s gonna be 3 new marketplaces!!! Can’t think what the other two would be :D

I heard rumors on Stock Photo’s as well as PHP /JS. :o Time will tell!

the envato avatar its somewhat scary, don’t you think?

Yeah, gives me the creepers :(

+9 more
only Google SketchUp files will be accepted.

Great news for all those Ketchup producers out there :D Heinz will be pleased ;)

Is this official? I’ve only heard rumours about a 3d marketplace.
not only 3d marketplace but also two other marketplaces. Now for the other two its only speculation but I thought about it and I think one will definitely be for selling and buying stock photos.
I think stocko photos is one, and next will be PHP and JS files

That’d be great! My little sis is all into photography, I’ll refer her into being part of the stock photo marketplace :D

I’m starting to get quite well in both PHP and JS, so that would be a great development as well :)

Can’t wait!

+9 more

Notepad++ is how I roll, and how I intend to keep rolling :D Loving it!

by
by
by
by
by
by