• Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • United Kingdom
  • Attended a Community Meetup
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
+3 more
LGLab says

Yes, “cashier”, “withdraw”, you may not see it if you don’t have anything to withdraw.

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
+3 more
LGLab says
Hey guys,

I love poker, and a while back I registered on… : ladsbroke.com

Is that a deliberate play on “Ladbrokes” or a Freudian slip? :)

Not too sure what you meant there. I have no affiliate links to this site, it is just a site that allows paypal transfer and they are quite rare I think. I do like poker but I don’t like wasting my money on it so sometimes I just transfer a few bucks from PP and I don’t feel like I touched my Bank account.

But I’m open to any site, if there are a few poker players here then we could have fun together ;-)

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
+3 more
LGLab says

Hey guys,

I love poker, and a while back I registered on one of the few sites that allow paypal transfer: ladsbroke.com

You probably do know the name if you’re from UK….not too sure if that’s international, but I would suppose so.

Maybe a Flash den poker team, or poker nights could be organized online, since you all make $1000’s of dollars now, that would give me a chance to take a bit of your FD cash ;-)

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
+3 more
LGLab says
LGLab, seriously read the posts again, there is loads of good stuff there, ourben/i just got the wrong end of the stick, no need to create further drama.

That’s what I was trying to say, I felt like it became a fight between you and Ourden, nevermind at least the subject is brought up, that is what’s important.

Peace….

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
+3 more
LGLab says
Here is the xml file of the file: http://www.flashden.net/files/46124/preview1/newsViewer.xml

There’s your problem, right there! That’s 2-star XML if ever I saw it. .. I can barely understand a word! .. It’s nearly all in Latin!!!

;)

Surely you must be ironic…

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
+3 more
LGLab says

This is quite sad guys. This thread started with a genuine debate question from michelsteege, which as I said I have come across before, including with my own files, and now it has turn into a fight in a kinder garden.

Having done a bit of MLM /forum/online marketing, I can tell you that these stupid posts are read by a lot of people since FD is so high ranked in Google. Don’t make the site look bad by acting like children, you will only hurt yourself.

Let’s get back to topic as I personally think it is a good debate, and please only reply if you think your post will be relevant to the subject.

Also I have to say at least Chuckanucka did reply, but no one else from FD, with a hammer under his name for example.

So I’ll try and resume the whole story:

- A few sellers have found that they got mysterious 2 star ratings with no further comments. - Some even said that it could have been done “maliciously”, including me, due to the fact these comments never come with comments. - In a constructive way, the posts above mentioned some possible ways to fix this, by for instance as I said, implementing a mandatory comment for ratings of less than 3 stars.

This shouldn’t be too hard technically, just an input text box to appear if you wish to rate below 3 stars, and just push the comment down the item comments.

But there could be even better ideas, so let’s debate again…

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
+3 more
LGLab says
michelsteege, I am not sure how many members face the same problem, but I think you have atleast a straightforward way. Just post a comment on your item that if somebody have issues with the file and contact you, you will promply go through it and update the item if there are bugs. I think this will just save you from the results of negative feedback. After getting several more genuine feedbacks, there will be nothing to worry.

I agree, and also make sure you state clearly that your file will NOT do the cooking NOR washing up, even if the user insert a recipe in the xml file….;-)

Your file looks great btw ;-)

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
+3 more
LGLab says
what you are suggesting should mean that all files should be 5 stars, but look around, there are clearly some files that are better than others.

No, all I was suggesting is that a comment should be mandatory for let’s say any ratings below 3 stars. This would prevent anyone from rating with no reasons, and also push the author to improve the file, then everybody is happy.

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
+3 more
LGLab says
Also i think rainbow is right, we have 5 stars so why not use them? A great file should be 5, and good file 4 and an average file 3.

I think we’re getting to the point here, so a 2 star file is less than average and a 1 star would be a poor file?

We all know here that a file goes trough quite a strict reviewing process, which makes sure that the file actually works, includes a help file and that it would be usefull to the community, etc, etc….

So what is a poor file then? And could you actually ever get a 1 star rating when it has gone through the reviewing process, that there is a description and a preview. What? some files are missing, it’s all written in Chinese or the file doesn’t work? We all know this is not possible as it would be easily picked in the reviewing process.

So what is a poor file? Just a simple animation with 2 lines of code? Well it works, the description describes it and again you have a preview, if you don’t like it, don’t buy it.

My question is: with the reviewing process, an item description and a preview, how can you ever get so disappointed?

From what I understood from FD and the reviewing process, poor files should not even get the selling stage, should it? And there is a difference between a simple file and a poor file. If you buy a simple falling snow effect, and then you expect it to do the cooking and the washing up, and then rate 1 star when you realize it won’t, I would class that as an unfair rating.

1312 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United Kingdom
+3 more
LGLab says
guys, i think you just have to except that you will get bad ratings when some people have a bad day. In the end if you file is good enough, it will get back to 5 stars. Also sorry to say this but maybe your file is only worth 2 stars? take a look at it and see if you can improve. Its a bit unrealistic to expect every file to be 100% – 5 stars. Some of the suggestions above are very biased towards the author.

I agree with you, some bad ratings can be founded, but some may not. How do you explain that those 2 stars rating never have a comment with it?

I would love to see how many people had those?

If a file is not perfect, there is a preview and an item description, so why would someone buy it in the first place?

If the description did not mention one problem, then fair enough. My suggestion was only for sellers to be able to challenge a bad rating if it is NOT founded, not to challenge all bad ratings.

At the moment, anyone can give you a bad rating for no reason, and there is nothing you can do about it, not even improve the file, since there is no comment….

by
by
by
by
by
by