Here are my tipps to stand out of the crowd:
1. Use some cool new sliders (e.g. Coin Slider) and slider borders/bg/shadow/...
2. Use a bg grafic for the portfolio items so its not just a picture putting in the theme (border, shadow, ...)
3. Use a real jQuery Tweet integration
4. Change the logo, it doesnt fit and work with the minimalistic design
5. Use the underline effect for the hover and the blue linking for the standard
6. Use not “Enter ….” for search and email try it just with “Search” and “Email requiered”
7. Use a Google API for the map in contact 8. Take more space between the text and the contact form.
Hope it help. Good luck with it. Maybe take also some looks in some website galleries for inspiration.
Good idea, but this is a little bit too shorty
Maybe put at least a slider or static picture in it so it doesnt look so empty. I cant see the active effect for the navigation. I also would add a better logo, because this typo of “Shorty Business” ruins the whole design.
Do you mean this one:
I think its a little bit clumsy but maybe it was the theme you searched for
I think a new category could be “one page portfolios”. There is a huge market for it. Look at the last one pagers here on tf. Locus from elemis got 229 sales in just 2 weeks. There are also web galleries just for one pagers like onepagelover and some others galleries are ruled by one pagers, too.
My other ideas:
- PHP , because of some cool and easy CMS to integrate (Cushy CMS , ...)
- Mobile Websites
I agree with Keliah. The concept is very good and unique but please change the bg to a solid one, maybe in a kind of brown or grey or to a minimalistic gradient. The typography also need some improvement and I would talk to some guys on creattica.com or deviantart.com to use for the preview some real designer works, because this envato pictures can really destroy a good design.
Take a look on some tutorials depending on “the first steps in html” on:
For the beginning I would look for some books like “coding for dummies” or something like this.
Btw. when you need someone who change your template for you to your wishes, just give me a call.
Hello, these icons seems that can be used in commercial use, http://www.komodomedia.com/blog/2008/12/social-media-mini-iconpack/ – but please contradict me if i am wrong.
When u wanna have some cool and free icons follow this link
In the details of each icon is written if you can use it for private or commercial use …
Center the content and use some bigger bg. Take a look at the last themes and their sliders (position, feel of look, pictures used in, ...).
For the whole structure take some wp themes from kriesi, epicera or ddwebstudios to get a feeling how it have to look like. Use more grafical stuff like modern icons, gradients, ...
Like the theme looks now, you really got no chance that this will be accepted – trust me!