• Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Sold between 5 000 and 10 000 dollars
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Oh also, the activation process was awesome, rather than having to sit at a phone store and sign a contract…blah blah blah, I came home, plugged the phone in, downloaded the new itunes and activated the phone in iTunes in about 10 minutes, from there I was able to pick my plan and any option stuff I wanted to add to the plan and use my iTunes account and credit card to sign up for the phone. My girlfriends phone worked within 5 minutes, my phone took until the next morning. AT&T said this was because of the high activation numbers they were experiencing at the time.

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Well like I said before I do have two phones on one account, both mine and my girlfriends.

For the both of us, combined we pay $110 USD before taxes…I think it comes to like 130ish afterwards.

With this we have a basic 800 minutes, free nights/weekends unlimited mobile to mobile (we can talk to each other and any other ATT /Cingular person without it consuming our minutes), unlimited internet/email. And 200 text messages per line. We then added a 5 bucks per month, per line to have unlimited text messages to ATT /Cingular customers. Which brought our total to 110 after the texting ad on.

The texting option is amazing because it makes talking so easy, and on this phone the texts look like an instant message rather than hundreds of individual messages. We dont even call each other anymore its all texts between me and my girlfriend. Plus the keyboard makes it too easy to text. I hated text messaging until I got this phone.

Also the first bill was like 100 pages, but I received an email the other day from AT&T informing me that they have decided after a lot of complaints to reform their bill to the bear necessities, and if I want to check the details of my bill I can do so online, so as not to waste too much paper.

The one hidden thing was that my first bill from them was 2 months combined. They did this with no notice, and told me that their computer does this randomly and will eventually happen to all new customers. They charge you for the whole month that you have used plus the entire month that you are about to use, this is so that if you decide to cancel your plan early you dont have to worry about paying the last months bill if you run 1 – 2 days into it after cancelling. It made sense but I called them to argue the fact that I couldnt afford the double bill at the moment and would have no problem paying it if I had been informed that it was coming, and after about a 10 minute argument the guy credited my account the full amount of the second bill :)

And an iPhone prize would be awesome!

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Just thought people need to see it as its own post, I moved it to a new post and removed it from this one…

edit: just realized I could only edit my most recent post…I am sorry for the double post guys, if you have anything in response to the suggestion please try to respond in the post that contains just the suggestion…

Sorry, collis could you remove the big post 2 up from this one…my bad man, wont happen again.

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I wrote this as a response in a different post but I feel like if its buried in an older unrelated post everyone may not be able to express their opinions…so I am sorry for the double posting I will remove the comment in the other post…

I noticed that 90% of the time now if someone has an update for a file they release “version 2” rather than please redownload the file it is now updated. I think this mainly happens because the user wants to get their file back up front and back in the lime-light.

Lets say I make a file and 20 people buy it. 2 months later I come out with an updated version that is now XML driven…I could:

- Update the file and notify people in the comments, but since the file is so old, unless people search for it, noone is ever going to see that comment and notice the update, if people do it will be a small margin of people that browse that far back.

In my opinion this drives people to make a “version 2” which is pretty much a duplicate of the original with, usually, some small changes. I originally thought people did this for the plain reason to have more files on here to get ahead in the competition. But now that it is over and people are still doing it, I dont see any real benefit from a new version other than putting it back in that “new file” spotlight. Plus who is really going to buy the 2 month old file when theres a new updated version at or around the same price.

My idea to fix this would be to let people update their files in the same fashion its already done, and then if accepted…move the file back to the top of the list…This way all of the previous buyers will be able to actually, easily, see that there is an update available. It will be back in front which could lead to NEW sales.

All in all, this will push authors to keep working/improving their old files. And for the authors that do it, will prevent old and good files from becoming obsolete just because they are buried!

The only negative factor would be the artists that release the version 2 with no motive other than making buyer have to pay twice for the file just because its updated…this can be avoided by:

1. Re-pricing the file after its updated 2. Allowing people that have already purchased the file pay either the difference, or a marginal fee to get the updated file. If the price stays the same, they can download it immediately…

Wowzers I wrote a lot…sorry guys but I think this could help the people that hate that their good files are buried, and could make it easier for buyers to get updated files…it also could lead to every file on here being constantly improved, and upping the quality overall!

Let me know what you guys think…

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Ya it would be nice with 3G too but I’m sure that will be next years version for 100 bucks cheaper lol…

But if you were considering waiting for the iphone or just buying the new ipod…get the phone it has everything the ipod has plus the phone service and internet everywhere rather than just wifi enabled spots…

Plus after the price drop they will be close in price range…

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Im horrible with flash but I am pretty sure you can just grab the scrollbar component from the components toolbar and drag it onto your text box.

Not 100% sure though. :)

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Honestly guys besides the bullshit of the price drop, and the trouble I am having with my sounds…(I think I just got a bum unit)...I dont know how I managed without the thing!

I check my bank balance…sports scores, weather, email, etc. ALL THE TIME ! The google maps is AMAZING …people are complaining about the service and I get better service with ATT /Cingular than I have ever had on any other network and I have pretty much used every US carrier other than verizon. Its the first phone that I can make and receive calls in my basement! The iPod is great in it…

The only negative factor right now is the lack of a flash player which has already been announced as a future update. Until they release it I hate not being able to view new files on my phone.

Bobocel you need to hold out until they come over to europe…it’s well worth it TRUST ME !

Plus I’m sure some savvy guy on here could come out with an AJAX /RSS website that is built for the iphone and it could integrate flashden sales, and comments right in here!

THAT WOULD BE AWESOME !

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

Bobocel your making a lot of sense…another thing I was thinking about is having the ability to sort of refresh the file if it is updated.

I noticed that 90% of the time now if someone has an update for a file they release “version 2” rather than please redownload the file it is now updated. I think this mainly happens because the user wants to get their file back up front and back in the lime-light.

Lets say I make a file and 20 people buy it. 2 months later I come out with an updated version that is now XML driven…I could:

- Update the file and notify people in the comments, but since the file is so old, unless people search for it, noone is ever going to see that comment and notice the update, if people do it will be a small margin of people that browse that far back.

In my opinion this drives people to make a “version 2” which is pretty much a duplicate of the original with, usually, some small changes. I originally thought people did this for the plain reason to have more files on here to get ahead in the competition. But now that it is over and people are still doing it, I dont see any real benefit from a new version other than putting it back in that “new file” spotlight. Plus who is really going to buy the 2 month old file when theres a new updated version at or around the same price.

My idea to fix this would be to let people update their files in the same fashion its already done, and then if accepted…move the file back to the top of the list…This way all of the previous buyers will be able to actually, easily, see that there is an update available. It will be back in front which could lead to NEW sales.

All in all, this will push authors to keep working/improving their old files. And for the authors that do it, will prevent old and good files from becoming obsolete just because they are buried!

The only negative factor would be the artists that release the version 2 with no motive other than making buyer have to pay twice for the file just because its updated…this can be avoided by:

1. Re-pricing the file after its updated 2. Allowing people that have already purchased the file pay either the difference, or a marginal fee to get the updated file. If the price stays the same, they can download it immediately…

Wowzers I wrote a lot…sorry guys but I think this could help the people that hate that their good files are buried, and could make it easier for buyers to get updated files…it also could lead to every file on here being constantly improved, and upping the quality overall!

Let me know what you guys think…

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I always expected the price would drop, I figured it would drop A LOT ! But never after only 2 months…I read on a site that if you did it by day, it dropped in value by like 3 bucks each day since it came out…I would be interested to see if I can get back 100 bucks. I know there is nothing I can do about it and I honestly like apple but its just annoying that they set their price point so high on the original models because they knew that people would pay it. I didnt know they were making almost 50% profit on them at initial release…I know that business and I was dumb enough to shell out for it…but it still leaves a bad taste in my mouth hehe.

Jurg hehe I was always receiving messages, I just dont hear the message come in. I have no noise alerts. I see my missed calls and messages when I bother to check my phone to see how many people are trying to get in touch with me :)

4905 posts
  • Senior Reviewer
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
+6 more
MarkBrodhuber Staff says

I bought an iPhone about a month ago, and of course yesterday they drop the f**king price 200 bucks! This is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen in my existence on this planet! Not only did I need them to replace the two iPhones both my girlfriend and I own, within a week from buying them, but now her phone wont hold a charge for more than 4 hours, after making one phone call, and my phone no longer makes noise when it rings, or receives any type of message. Well it makes noise, but only when it wants to…

I went for 3 days getting text messages and phone calls and the phone did not make a sound, I bring it into an apple store, and have my girlfriend text me in front of a mac guy, and boom it speaks…for the first time in 3 days, ofcourse in front of the Apple representative…Then I get home and it works the rest of the night. The next day, NO SOUNDS , NO RINGING , NOTHING!

Apple wont replace our phones because its out of the initial 2 week buffer, so we have to actually send the phones to them to have them fixed…(yea I really want to be without a phone for a month).

So we but 2 phones, have them replaced the first week…then a month later we need 2 new phones because these no longer work properly, and apple decides, after 60 days, that they feel people should now only have to pay 399 for the phone…

I feel so taken advantage of…I honestly have not felt more dumb in my entire life…now I am getting messages from people saying things like “DUDE apple just dropped the price of your phone 200 bucks, OUCH !”

Making me think twice about buying that new Mac Pro I’ve had my eyes on for so long…

So how many of you also bought this phone and got raped like me?

by
by
by
by
by
by