5971 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says
digitalscience said
...I think the earth has been destroyed many times before – whole civilizations wiped out and knocked back to the stone age each time, with ancient technologies lost only to be rediscovered much later.

^ No enough evidence but I feel the same. Human beings are definitely smarter by gene but not enough as a social group with possibility of continuous growth and to stay safer from self destructive activities (or to beat natural disasters). Looking at the speed of technological advancements happening for the past few centuries, it seems atleast 10% of similar advancements possibly happened many times within latest 25k years. One of the conceptual proof is same level of advancements (on certain things) that happened simultaneously among different races without communication between each other.

5971 posts
+8 more
VF says

[Edited]

The Solution #2 should be easy to implement but will not show the order by date. Anyway I don’t think any staff here will take time to do even slight changes. Looks like non of the staff have reason to care about Flash marketplace ;)

5971 posts
+8 more
VF says

^ Not only bees, I too so much disturbed by mobile phones! :P

Those devices are a way to keep big companies to exist and average people to waste time and energy.

5971 posts
+8 more
VF says
CrackerJack said
I’d love to see Microsoft or Google buy Adobe. Then things would get interesting.

Would be cool if google makes it!

5971 posts
+8 more
VF says
kstv_chttrj said
If adobe shouted before apple “Oh look that device can not play flash, when all the other tabs can play it.” Or a javascript that embeds flash on html (AC_RunActiveContent.js, swfobject.js) that finds if its running on ipad or ihone and says that “YOU NEED MORE UPDATED DEVICE TO PLAY THE CONTENT , TRY ANDROID DEVICES OR PC ”. Then it could have been interesting.

The problem is Apple was first to introduce a smartphone and no one able to point fingers towards it’s missing features as their product was “risky” and new at the time of release. Risk taken and the risk includes not committing to experiment with rich web content such as Flash. Adobe was in the position no way other than waiting for Apple’s inclusion of Flash on their new device.

As they managed to sell phones without Flash for 2-3 years, I think they got idea to completely (or atleast for now) stay away from committing with rich content to make sure they focus /manage better on other features to dominate smart device market. That’s not a permanent solution as they need to face same problem later if rich html5 sites grows but I guess future smart device hardware configuration improvements will just save them from that problem. Looks like Apple benefiting a lot with their timing and temporary alternatives and Adobe stays a lot backwards on such strategies.

5971 posts
+8 more
VF says

Congrats, well deserved! :)

5971 posts
+8 more
VF says
Aw_Shucks said
Ridiculous. If every gardner were to stop watering their plants, we’d become at least, malnourished. As with flash, it isn’t the technology that is wrong. What the problem is is merely the fact that the interest that used to fuel flash’s growth has shifted. Like most people, humans in particular, most humans do not love until the end. They give into that “something new” that bobocel was referring to, and lose love for their spouses. They get divorced. If humans were so honest, as they spout with their free will and free expression, they would simply do without exclaiming how much they love for attention, which only seems to satisfy their desire to feed off the mutual affirmation they get in return for expressing it in the first place. If flash is what you say, dying, then it is not at all flash’s fault. Quit blaming it on the term, “dead technology”. Going back to the first point about watering the garden. I once told someone, “its fake people like you that kill the roots. And when the roots dry up, the tree dies too.”

I would rather compare that thing with work instead of technology. Technology can be dropped for any reason, no matter it is efficient or not but meeting / maintaining the output is much important. Mobile is a new industry that comes with different needs than desktop. So obviously was can expect a change of interest.

I don’t think html5 was/will be accepted by developers just because of new. I can list a dozen obvious reasons but stopping with most obvious:

If we can do a webpage using single technology (html/js), we will always try to avoid more than one. There are areas where an additional tool can be more efficient but it will always be a last choice. The tendency will be to avoid the additional plugins such as Flash even at the cost of losing some features. That doesn’t mean an efficient tool wantedly ignored but it suggests to use it only where it is unavoidable. The proven example is Flash’s audio capabilities Vs all other technology’s audio incapabilities.

And we can’t pour water to Flash just because we loved it in the past. Can’t be compared with a living thing such as plant to non living stuff like Flash. :P

5971 posts
+8 more
VF says

Whatever happens in the future, that can’t change the present low earings / low opportunities of Flash developers. As present condition is so much uncertain, the best thing is to work non Flash jobs for money and if time allows, do Flash works. I see no problem with this approach and those developers having more sentimental feeling towards Flash going to realize they are gambling.

And with my observation I believe Flash is really a headache (of development and usage) for mobile devices. Apple did right things (aviding Flash and importantly being strong with their approach) but they had to add too many nonsense reasons to make their decisions appealing for the public. Otherwise, I think they are best in decision making.

5971 posts
+8 more
VF says
bitfade said
cmon …. nobody else got it ?
so this means i’m evil too …

Please explain…

Sorry, low intelligence here :P