I was in for both before the crazy DRM outrage. People love them some discs I guess? lol.
It’ll be funny when 99% of these same people that were outraged are downloading the games at midnight of release anyway and Gamestop sees used game sales drastically decreased.
From my understanding though… Envato or AJ cannot argue with PayPal when they come with a fraud charge and must reimburse PayPal or the person receiving the fraud. In the beginning Envato used to take the hit and swallow the charge back internally, but now they have decided to pass and externalize that loss back onto the AJ Author themselves… in order to maintain and their own profits.
Good point. PayPal requires some type of transaction record in order to dispute these. And since authors dont get such a thing when a file is purchased, authors are kinda screwed. This is from PayPals site on how to dispute a chargeback.
What to do if you receive a chargeback:
1. Log in to your PayPal account.
2. Go to the Resolution Center.
3. Respond to the chargeback notice or (check on the status of an existing one).
4. Provide PayPal with the information relating to the chargeback, including all transaction records (such as proof of shipment).
5. The PayPal chargeback specialist will then dispute the chargeback on your behalf and try to recover your funds from the buyer’s credit card company.
6. If the credit card company decides in your favor, the buyer will be charged for the transaction and you’ll get your money back.
7. If the decision is in favor of the buyer, the transaction will be cancelled and the buyer will receive a full refund.
Yeah a big all sales are final opt-in at check out seems like the best plan of action. As it is now, us authors have no real way of convincing PayPal that a charge back was fraudulent.
Here’s PayPals info on the process….https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/security/chargeback-guide#fighting_chargebacks
lmao. Ill have both regardless .
The number one drawback of Paypal. Its been happening for years and Paypal does nothing about these as they leave it up to your bank/CC company.
Yeah great game. Will be interesting to see how the Heat attempt to guard TP in future games. The fact that Miami played a pretty good game overall and still lost at home could be an early sign. Cant wait for game 2.
No. It’d most likely be soft rejected at the least.
adam_franceschini saidWell if you’re really looking for “hard hitting bass drums and a strong timpani” as you said, I wouldnt go with Damage. Look at Spitfire, Soundiron Apocalypse, or CinePerc for that type of stuff.
I would love to own both Spitfire and Damage, however, I’m leaning towards Damage because of its hybrid nature and effects pages.