Posts by ace2296

194 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
ace2296 says

YES.. FINALLY. SOMEBODY. GETS. IT.

Please know that the next lines are the product of endless nights looking at this font and continously swearing. Subjectivity may be involved.

That font is..I don’t even have words. It’s TERRIBLE.. But it does look close to proxima nova / brandon on regular/light uppercase :) That version looks amazing, but the other ones are just a let down, atleast in my opinion.

Though, it’s sad that we have to use it, because buyers love it, so there’s demand. I’m so happy to know there’s somebody out there that also agrees. :inlove::inlove:

lol let’s grab some virtual coffee sometime and vent together ;) I’m liking Neutra Text and Proxima Nova Soft these days.

194 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Located in United States
ace2296 says

The font ‘Raleway’ looks horrible on Chrome (especially as a paragraph font). If it were me, I wouldn’t use it as the default font in my templates.

- Just a thought

194 posts
ace2296 says

Would anyone be so kind to jump on Skype with me to help me with one of my JS assignments for class? Shouldn’t be too long.

194 posts
ace2296 says

Thanks buddy! And here I was about to use the splice method lol

194 posts
ace2296 says
Need help with this school problem
console.log("Find number and create an array of even or odd numbers");

var findNum = function(earr) {
           //Write Function Here
       }

console.log(findNum([31,22,4,67,83,6,5,4]));
    console.log(findNum([31,22,4,67,83,6,5,4], false));
194 posts
ace2296 says

I have a set of icons in illustrator and I’m trying to export each icon out of illustrator into one PSD, but I need them to import into Photoshop as vector/smart objects. Any idea how to do this?

194 posts
ace2296 says

Hey fellow designers,

Blue Squid Media is looking to hire designers who are very experienced working with Mail Chimp newsletter templates and installing them into campaigns. There will be some custom work involved, so a portfolio link is a must. You will mostly be designing the navigation and outside body of the newsletter. We will fill out the content with Mail Chimp or basic HTML modules/columns.

Please message me on skype (ace2296) or shoot me an email. Looking to fill this spot a.s.a.p.

Thanks, Andre

194 posts
ace2296 says

NVM guys! I got it to work! The relative path was wrong >< Silly me.

194 posts
ace2296 says

Hey everyone,

Here is the current site I’m working on.

LINK

If you look at the top right corner and top left corner, there should be some Font-Awesome icons. When I view the site on my mac (chrome) they appear. When I view it on a Windows computer, it only shows default rectangles. Funny thing is, the font-awesome website is using the same code and it looks great on the windows computers. Is it because I’m using the css @import tag to import the font-awesome css?

Any ideas?

194 posts
ace2296 says

Hey fellow designers,

My company, Blue Squid Media (.com), is hiring part-time paid interns (non-employee) to work on local business websites.

Here are the requirements:

You are/have: 1. Familiar with the Wordpress CMS platform. 2. Know how to set up child themes. 3. Have a good knowledge of HTML/CSS 4. Able to write well-organized code. 5. Able to work in a timely and organized matter.

Some pluses are: 1. jQuery Knowledge 2. Advanced HTML/CSS 3. Wordpress PHP knowledge

You will be installing Wordpress templates into one of our local business’s website, set up the child theme and run through the theme custom features to customize the branding. Each site should only take about 1-2 hours of work. When you are done with your portion of the site, you will then pass it off to get it finalized. This is a new division to our company and we’re expecting at least 15 sites a month.

You will be paid $15/hour when you have sites to work on. Payments will be made via PayPal.

Blue Squid Media is also an official Hubspot partner. If you would like to get Hubspot certified ($8k value) in Inbound Marketing, we can give you access to our Hubspot portal to learn a ton and take the tests; for FREE. Plus, it looks mighty fancy on your resume.

Please email me if you’re interested in making some side cash.

by
by
by
by
by
by