I have this layout that needs to be converted to a newsletter template (to be delivered with Constant Contact). Check it here.
It is very similar to this file from my ThemeForest portfolio, so if someone is interested on coding it, I would provide the HTML code from that template, so you just have to make some changes on the original file.
The problem is that this little job is a very low-budget project: $50 only…
Anyway, if someone is interested in making $50, just drop me a line on my profile.
I really like it so far, but I have to agree about the hover state on the logo: I think the fadein / fade out is unnecessary.
The flags on the right top corners are for the language, right? Because I think that a UK flag would be more logical and intuitive for the English language option than a US flag.
Well, I don’t think it looks like a free theme, but it is true that it needs some improvements.
The first reason I can point is that, visually, it hit your eyes like a punch in the face! Let me explain: I don’t know if I can say this in english but “it needs to breathe”.
About the homepage:
- try to use a lighter grey for the type because you already have a very dark background
- more space between posts
- more space between first posts and header
- you have a huge space between posts and sidebar which neutralize all the balance of your content
- more space between lines on the text
- on “Recent Posts” and “Categories”, make the horizontal lines a little bit softer
- you seem to use 3 different type of fonts: a rounded one, a serif (georgia, I think) and a sans serif font (arial I guess). They doesn’t combine very well and I would recommend you to discard the serif font (georgia). 2 fonts is perfectly enought.
- the big red shape that you use as a background for the post details generates a huge visual tension; try a color or a solution that don’t hit the eye so much
- try to align stuff a little bit more (like the read more button that should be aligned to the right of the post image, or the black box with the author details that should be aligned with the red box). I don’t know if you are using a grid, but at a first look, I would say you don’t.
Remember, this is only an opinion and a constructive critic. It looks good, but needs little improvments.
Hope my words were usefull for you.
PS: sorry about my english…
I’m using Chrome since a few month ago, and I’m really enjoying the usability experience.
As a designer, I recommend Chrome (but what scares me is that Google is taking over the world, heheh)
Email sent. Look forward to seeing your designs!
I’ve just answered your email!
You guys have some amazing houses!
No one else is interested?
I spend the money from the Marketplace simply to pay the rent every month, heheh
If you search the forums you can find many threads about this subject.
Anyway, what I’ve done was contacting some talented graphic designers and illustrators from Creattica and ask them if they allow me to use some screenshots of their work. In return, I put all the links they want on the credits of the file discription.
And, of course, I don not include the images of their work on the main files for download.
Hope that can help you!
Ok David ….cool just shot me an email and we can discuss details.
Thanks for your interest!
I would send you an email, but looks like you don’t have contact form in your profile.
Please, contact me so I can give some details.