al_m473 says

in fact, the July 2012 Free File Of the Month is a WordPress theme

check it out, download it and study it

Al

349 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
al_m473 says

to answer your question, there is no definitive list of what is needed to write a theme for sale on Themeforest. one thing for sure is that that minimalist theme would never be accepted. good luck with your ventures and if you can ever nail down the requirements for a theme for sale on Themeforest, everyone will beating a path to your door

Al

p.s. also forgot, every once in a while, the Free File of the Month is a WordPress theme, so keep your eyes open for one

349 posts
al_m473 says

the annual bundle sale is coming up

usually a WordPress theme is included, buy this and get good value along with a popular WordPress theme and check out how it is created and documented

may be your best value for your money

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

if it is a public slider, google for it

if it is for sale slider, you would need to buy it or use another slider, not so sure the actual slider being used is that critical, you can probably adapt a public slider to do the job

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

what software was used in the gallery app? is it a priority code or is it public code?

if it is public code, then you can find this code and implement it yourself. for example, if the nivo slider is being used, that has not been created by the author of the theme/template but free versions of it are readily available which for example he may have used in his product. after all, if the code for the app is publicly available, he is using it for free, and he doesn’t pay for it, why should you?

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

link to an old video series by Drew Douglas I believe, on the old blog

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

check out my link

Jeffery Way did an article to create an HTML template which he did promise to convert to WordPress. here is an elementary example of his template converted to a WP theme

perhaps I need to expand the articlle to include the steps to set it up as a WP theme, it is not complete but does do some of the things that the HTML template does.

let me know what you think

Al

ps Chric at css-tricks.com does have some videos where he has converted HTML templates to WordPress themes, check his videos out and they are free

349 posts
al_m473 says

I think one of the problems with this is that the sellers don’t know who the buyers are. besides most people on here hide behind some quirky name anyway and there would be no way to relate that to an actual person in most cases.

this feature would be nice, after all, you really don’t want a duplicate theme as someone you are competing against and as well, why would I want to use the same theme as someone else anyway?

\otherwise just use twentyten, wonder how many copies of that there are in use?

good luck

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

is there a consolidated list of IE7 , IE8, and IE9 differences?

what works in one and not in the other? seems to me something like this would be useful.

and why not include all of the major browsers (FF and Chrome) in the list?

I use XP here and IE8 and lots of tutorials on nettuts do not work on IE8 , as well smashingmagazine.com looks crappy.

and no I am not about to get a new PC and upgrade to IE9 /IE10, I do use Chrome for a lot of what I do

Al

p.s. this is being sent using the Chrome browser

349 posts
al_m473 says

are you not allowed one use per purchase? and by that I mean, if you delete the original site theme and use it elsewhere, is this not still one use per purchase?

Al

by
by
by
by
by
by