Posts by al_m473

353 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
al_m473 says

are the newer templates being added on a regular basis to TF negatively affecting sales of the earlier templates?

I would think that this might be the case, with some exceptions though.

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

looks good so far

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

surprised this is popping up again.

still looking for positive feedback from this query, not sure why designers would not want their web sites featured using the purchased templates?

and I don’t think it is just a matter of privacy, the authors of web sites for sale here are plying their wares, their web design expertise and want me to believe that they are the answer to my desire to find a web designer for my project if I wanted one.

so what gives? does not anyone here have an example of where their template has been purchased and used in a web site? is it not legitimate for you, as the author of the web template/PSD, to advertise where your work is being featured?

I am reaaly surprised that after all of template sales that at least some examples of how they have been used has not been adverised.

al

353 posts
al_m473 says

I use Irfanview to change the size of graphics,

al

353 posts
al_m473 says

why don’t you ask them and if they permit publish their web sites addresses, would love to see how the themes are being used

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

I assume that if they get excellent themes an any subject, they will publish them on this site. I doubt very much that they restrict themes. It is probably more a matter of what gets submitted for approval. If a theme for some of those wanted by others on this site are never submitted, they cannt be evaluated and perhaps approved. Lets see a wider range of themes, I look forward to them

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

lots of good stuff here:

Best of CSS Design February 2009

Al

353 posts
al_m473 says

I like this site too BUT I don’t like sites like this where you need to scroll down to see any content. When you click on Journal for instance you don’t see anything until you scroll down, ugh. Sites looks great but…

Al

I view at 1024×768 and sometimes it is amazing how little content you can actually see on one screen. When too much of my screen is taken up with browser borders, page navigation, etc then I really don’t like it. Sites like noupe.com and smashingmagazine.com are great sites but the content could be a whole lot viewer friendly in my opinion.

353 posts
al_m473 says

what would this template give me that I cannot already buy from many other templates? specifically the 4th one down on the current HTML templates list, the layout of yours is not specifically the same but the overall page layout is exactly the same.

everybody seems to using the same pattern on their designs, logo at top, nav bar, featured images (usually clickable and scrollable) followed by 2 or 3 columns of data and perhaps a footer. yes, you use different colours and text size, etc but the pages all look the same to me.

we need some unique designs, not the usual retreads of the portfolio themes. I notice that people are on this forum looking for templates for specific types of web sites and there are over 700 of them here and yet these buyers cannot find one that they can adapt for their purposes. what gives? that tells me that designs are not being created for the market but perhaps for selling on this site. two different things I know, and perhaps good for the template authors but hopefully I would like to see these templates all used on the internet somewhere, not just pretty examples of web pages on display.

enough from me,

Al

(buyer only, not an author, I can’t produce a web ite that looks like what any of them look like on here)

353 posts
al_m473 says

I would really like to see live examples of how the themes are being used in the real world. They are quite beautiful in this environment but not sure what they would look like in general usage.

Any authors/others out there like to add some links to where the themes are being used?

Thousand have been sold, what are they being used for?

Al

by
by
by
by
by
by