Posts by al_m473

352 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
al_m473 says

I think one of the problems with this is that the sellers don’t know who the buyers are. besides most people on here hide behind some quirky name anyway and there would be no way to relate that to an actual person in most cases.

this feature would be nice, after all, you really don’t want a duplicate theme as someone you are competing against and as well, why would I want to use the same theme as someone else anyway?

\otherwise just use twentyten, wonder how many copies of that there are in use?

good luck

Al

352 posts
al_m473 says

is there a consolidated list of IE7 , IE8, and IE9 differences?

what works in one and not in the other? seems to me something like this would be useful.

and why not include all of the major browsers (FF and Chrome) in the list?

I use XP here and IE8 and lots of tutorials on nettuts do not work on IE8 , as well smashingmagazine.com looks crappy.

and no I am not about to get a new PC and upgrade to IE9 /IE10, I do use Chrome for a lot of what I do

Al

p.s. this is being sent using the Chrome browser

352 posts
al_m473 says

are you not allowed one use per purchase? and by that I mean, if you delete the original site theme and use it elsewhere, is this not still one use per purchase?

Al

352 posts
al_m473 says

just looked at some videos by makedesignnotwar on Youtube, who is Charlie? I thought that name was used by Brandon Jones of WP tuts, so hence my question?

Al

example

352 posts
al_m473 says

dummy me, javascript got turned off somehow, and I never imagined that it would be that

turned it back on and everything is working OK now

Al

352 posts
al_m473 says

I have another pc using windows and xp sp3, nivo slider works ok on that

both have FF10 .0.2 installed, one works, the other doesn’t

Al

352 posts
al_m473 says

no, that did not work, so needs more investigation

frustrated!

Al

352 posts
al_m473 says

thanks, guess I will delete it and re-install it, see if that clears it up

Al

352 posts
al_m473 says

Nivo Slider Demo

when I try to look at this site using FF 10 , then the demo never loads, is anyone else having this problem with FF? all I see is the loading gif going round and round.

Al

352 posts
al_m473 says

if you are an online user who has no interest in web design or not very technical, then I would think that there would be a very good chance that you will be using some version of IE. in my case, I have XP and IE8 is the highest level of IE I can use, along with Chrome and FF. I have 2 different computers I use and one won’t install IE8 so I use IE7 , and take my lumps. if your site does not display well and I am interested enough in it, I will open it using FF or Chrome, I don’t like the inconvenience of this but again if the content is worth looking at, I will do this. if not, I will just bypass your site. to me, the question is what users are you trying to address with your web site? and what browsers are they likely to be using? personal preferences don’t matter.

Al

by
by
by
by
by
by