Posts by al_m473

349 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
al_m473 says

as far as I understand, you can change anything you like in the theme, but you cannot claim that the theme is your design in any way, shape or form.

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

set up a second menu in Menus and call it from the non-Home pages

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

I believe Chris had an article on css-tricks about a full background. check that out,

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

I was checking out the rest of the site, not just that page

have not seen anyone else use screenr for debugging, but in some cases it would be quite helpful

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

don’t know what to make of paradigm-hq.com. it is not up to date and, yes, it looks the Paradigm template has been used, but there is no Twitter feed in the code, it has not been updated for months and makes you wonder if it is just a sample site or a site for a real business, or is it Mike McAlister’s demo site? the blog page is sure convoluted and everythings links back to the page you are on.

as a site, it sure does not sell me on the services of Paradigm. I think that the template looks good but not extraordinary to me. it is a pretty standard layout.

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

in answer to the original question, just do it. as llong as you do not claim that these themes are your own creation, then you should have no problem, all you are doing is offering your clients a service that installs a web site for them, using a commodity like a theme.

if this is not what this marketplace is about then I don’t understand what it is about. I can only assume that someone who sells hundreds of themes, this is precisely what happens to their wares, otherwise why so many sales? in that you as a buyer do not know who else has used the theme wherever, then again go ahead and do what you are planning to do. as long as you buy one theme per usage and don’t claim these themes as your own, then I don’t thnk Envato or any author can complain about your practices.

if I am wrong, I would sure appreciate enlightenment.

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

whether you have 2 home links or not, depends on how you call the nav menu and the setup in functions.php. if functions.php is set up to show the home page when you list a menu as is done in twentyeleven, then yes, you will get 2 home page links.

use custom menus and show only the nav links ypu want, you may notice that the home page link does show up in the links box, but only the one you click on is included in the menu. tricky question and not well explained in the wordpress documentation.

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

I guess the one I learned here in Canada, which is the British spelling ‘ou’ every time. you also get used to the other way, doesn’t matter much to me, more important that I know what some one is trying to say.

Al

349 posts
al_m473 says

footer at the top of the code?

deprecated HTML tags, such as center?

tables used for layout?

some real no-nos if you want to sell it on TF

al

349 posts
al_m473 says

any of the TF gang participating in this competition?

http://www.unmatchedstyle.com/cssoff/

Al

by
by
by
by
by
by