Posts by dtbaker

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more
dtbaker Volunteer moderator says

http://analytics.envato.com/

Sign in with your username and API key (from my account area).

Apparently this has been around for a few months now! First I heard about it was today :) Super excited because I can now see what google search keywords are brining users to my items and build on those on my own website.

3014 posts
    Helps us moderate the forums Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations Won a competition
+16 more

Done and done. :) Just sign in with your username and api key: http://analytics.envato.com/Default.aspx

Woa! Woaa! WOOAA ! no way!

(edit: do you pull this data from google analytics or your own analytics engine? the “time on page” makes me think google?)

3014 posts
+16 more

Maybe try something along the lines of “define”

Put this code in a global “config.php” file. And make sure this file is included before each of your classes are used.

define('_DB_NAME','database_name');
define('_DB_USER','username');
define('_DB_PASS','password');
define('_DB_HOST','localhost');

that way you can use _DB_NAME anywhere in your code and it will work. then in your class you just reference the named constants something like:

class foo{
    function bar(){
         $this->dbname = _DB_NAME;
         // or
         $this->db = mysql_connect(_DB_NAME,.....
    }
}

hope that helps

more define examples: http://php.net/define

3014 posts
+16 more

There shouldn’t be a problem giving away a “lite” version of a script for free on wordpress.org, and then listing the “professional” version on here. I’ve thought about doing this myself.

As long as the “professional” version has a lot more features than the “lite” version, and not a subtle difference like: “the lite version has ads, the pro version doesn’t”

Best would be to create your lite version and publish it somewhere (like your blog). Email support a link to your lite version and a link to your professional version, and ask if they have problems with you launching it on wordpress.org

3014 posts
+16 more

(moved to codecanyon)

3014 posts
+16 more

Hi folks,

Any experienced mobile game devs around?

I’m looking at creating (well, at least giving it a go) a basic game similar to that talking tom one.

I would like a 3d or 2d character that could be animated (arms/mouth/legs) and respond to different phone events.

My question: are there any open source game engines that would be better suited to developing a game like that?

I’ve played with http://www.andengine.org/ and had a look through some of these and these. But a recommendation from someone who is experienced would be better :)

Any ideas? http://www.appcelerator.com/?

Cheers,
dtbaker

3014 posts
+16 more

Finally got my head around all the joomla basics. Not as hard as magento, but still a lot more complicated than wordpress.
MVC .. meh.

So my joomla 1.6 extension is almost complete. Do we wait for the category to launch and then upload?

3014 posts
+16 more

Not sure what industry you are looking for but I have 2 working shops for sale in my portfolio for kids.

3014 posts
+16 more

this output mean they haven’t bought anything:

done: Array ( [verify-purchase] => Array ( ) )

if you enter a valid purchase code (ie: buy something from yourself via a test account) you will get a bunch of information in that “verify-purchase” array.

you check this information against the item id to confirm that purchase code is for that item.

3014 posts
+16 more

(and re-set your private api key if that is yours above)

by
by
by
by
by
by