Posts by graphic4444

1269 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Has collected more than 1000 items on Envato Market
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

you should limit the number of support requests per customer per week or month, so “comes with 6 months support, limit 15 questions total during 6 months” or “limit 3 questions per week” or whatever number is reasonable.

otherwise you get MORON customers who don’t read the docs wasting your time with incessant or outside-of-scope questions

you need like I recommended a “General Envato WP Support Forum” that envato runs and moderates for newbie/general WP questions, they absolutely should be required to shoulder some of the support burden for their 30% or whatever fee/commish, imho.

1269 posts
graphic4444 says

(I’m a top buyer here)..

ENVATO WP THEME SUPPORT FORUM: ...um you need one—where is it? I would think to myself if I were new here. Why no Envato FORUM with threads for general WP theme support?

One suggestion to help authors is, given how much $$ envato makes, I think You/Envato should also provide support independently of authors, for wordpress general theme type questions.

Given your resources, Envato, you guys really need to have a “general wp support” forum for buyers, that authors can point to for “go ask your question there” help for buyers, for newbie/non theme-specific questions. Don’t make authors shoulder 100% of the support burden, that’s not fair I think. You need to hire a forum moderator/wp pro to field general newbie wp questions, in a central place, with regular forum.

That way, authors can say “general WP questions? See the Envato WP Theme Support Forum first”... that would Really help everyone.

So for theme-specific questions, authors still need to do that… but for General wordpress / plugin / dumb questions from wp newbies / That should be something Envato maintains a support forum for. It’s a massive WP theme store, and yet you guys have Zero support forum, with searchable threads. wtf I’d think if i were a new buyer. for that matter wtf I’d think if I were an author being asked to do a ton more support work.

What do you guys think? Envato makes a bundle, I think Envato should shoulder some of the WP theme support burden, at least for general WP support issues, in a forum, like other WP theme member sites do. It may not be fair to authors to take 30% and not shoulder any of the support burden for general WP theme questions; look at wp membership sites where for a small amount buyers get multiple themes plus support forum for example. What say you, authors?

I’m one of the world’s top internet marketer-types, online fulltime 15+ years, that’s good advice. for free even :)

AUTHORS: Vote +1 if you agree

1269 posts
graphic4444 says

Enforcing standards would be important, or it could create a lot of hassle for authors, plus confused buyers.

to GUARD against:

a) Moron Customers who ask too many stupid questions wasting authors’ time during first 6 months…”read the FAQ/RTFM/docs” is a must.

LIMITS on how many questions per customer can be sent in, or you get wordpress newbies asking how to install plugins, wasting your time, with daily/weekly questions

I see SO many freakingly stupid questions from buyers I don’t know how you guys have patience for it, I wouldn’t, lol. They don’t even read the docs first. Envato be sure to have LIMITS on frequency of questions like 2 per week per buyer, and make them agree to RTFM Before asking for help. Or you’re gonna have the mother of all support nightmares w/new policy and authors can’t create new content.

b) Lazy/busy Authors who sell a template, never update it, or don’t provide even a little support.

Both types of people are bad, somehow safeguarding with SPECIFIC measurable do’s and don’ts would help, I think…ideas?

1269 posts
graphic4444 says

it’ll be interesting to see how it works out; agree there should be standard guidelines for authors & buyers for what specifically is/should be included w/purchase, vs extended help

1269 posts
graphic4444 says

good points felt, well written

1269 posts
graphic4444 says

specifically, to reward and encourage great authors who have created masterpieces that have proven themselves with high sales, I’d recommend putting a “Platinum Showcase” feature area with 4 top-sellers at bottom of page:

http://videohive.net/category/after-effects-project-files

and rotate those, weekly, to highlight and sell more of top quality projects (like balistiques, dani’s, other rockstar devs)

1269 posts
graphic4444 says

great points, makes perfect sense… get well soon butlerm. from a risk:reward seems themeforest devs get highest volume/$... well it’s good there’s such a huge library/store here of great older projects to choose from, thx

i still recommend envato somehow separate out/highlight in a “VIP/Platinum Projects” area, the top-done projects, rotate a dozen a week or so, from previous top projects, to reward all of you who’ve put so much work into the truly epic/detailed projects

1269 posts
graphic4444 says

hey plac, thanks.. makes sense, re work/return ratio… others? that’s a challenge, is to reward top-quality files w/enough exposure & sales, amidst all the new authors’ projects..ideas?

1269 posts
graphic4444 says

hi – the last 6-8 months or so it seems the former top-authors here are not producing as many templates as they used to, especially the high-quality ones we used to see.

i’ve been here daily for years, it seems this last year there’s a lot of new mediocre basic/low-selling templates compared to a couple years ago … any insights? It seems competition from so-so newbie authors took over from the high quality templates we used to get.

on the other hand, good examples, which seem to be getting rarer, are ones like these, which would be nice to see more of:

http://videohive.net/item/night-silver/8275055

http://videohive.net/item/broadcast-design-complete-news-package-3/2952872

http://videohive.net/item/electro-night-party/7836794

http://videohive.net/item/epic-logos-pack-/6860521

http://videohive.net/item/my-new-york/242422

maybe it’s just the marketplace now is flooded with new templates from a lot of new authors; i miss the broadcast quality ones like those above, and others from earlier.

Old/high-quality authors, is it because all the newbie stuff flooding the marketplace, that’s caused you to produce less? or, other reasons? or maybe I’m off base, just seems like every week we’d see at least 2-3 really high quality ‘must-buy’ broadcast quality templates a couple years ago, which are rarer nowadays

1269 posts
graphic4444 says

I’m one of Envato’s top buyers, I’ve spent thousands here over the last 7 years. Thanks for your customer appreciation; I’ve bought more than most anyone else has in the world. I appreciate the kind words and gratitude for all the money I’ve spent here.

Hint: insulting your #1 top customer is probably not a good idea…what do all the other buyers think? Buyers speak up!

Sellers: “greed is good, jack up prices, wee!”

Buyers: You gotta be kidding. In this economy? Really?

by
by
by
by
by
by