Thank you all for the replies. Maybe the reviewer is right, It might swing into my favor if I do the necessary improvements. I’m now revising all what the reviewer noted.
Thanks guys, Jan Intia
This is the reason given by the reviewer
Your item Morphis – Responsive WordPress Theme isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest. This is the reason given by our item inspector:
1. The dark versions will need improvements in typography color usage. Although you may feel this is a subjective topic, it is quite objective and relevant to core design principals and will affect the theme’s overall appeal. Dark colored text on a Dark background causes poor contrast and results in uncomfortable to read text. Also, the use of one color across so many typographic elements creates a somewhat “flat” appearance and reduces overall visual hierarchy, which is important for structured eye flow.
2. The mobile version looks unfinished, please work more on it.
3. The inner pages need more work as well, specially the sidebars.
Any advice on how I could improve the sidebars?
Thanks for the feedback Webmaxxd.
I have just received an e-mail from Themeforest reviewer with specific details for improving my rejected template. I am very thankful that the reviewer suggested and pointed out particular issues regarding the item. I’m now starting to refine my template according to said issues.
Here’s the full details of the rejection e-mail:
=== Why We’ve Declined Your Submission ===
Right now, I’m seeing too many issues that I can’t possibly point out what needs to be fixed. So for now, look to tweak and polish this template. With improvements, I’ll hopefully be able to be more specific. For now, please use the following as guidelines:
1. First up, most of the text is hardly readable. This is a basic issue:
2. There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding as well as alignment issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.
3. Please look into how you’re using white space—both micro and macro. It needs to be intuitive, consistent and frame the content correctly in the manner you seek.
4. Overall typography and visual + typographic hierarchy needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest.
5. Important— try to make your theme’s design more unique. Adding features, options and styles will help increase your template’s value and increase its ability to be approved. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval. Try experimenting with different layouts, placement and positioning etc
- Important: Improvements or fixes MUST be made to the above described areas before resubmitting. Resubmitting without making any of the requested changes violates our policy and repeated attempts may result in a temporary or permanent suspension of authorship rights.
Here is my template demo.
Any suggested reading or websites/pages that can give pointers regarding micro/macro white spacing, typographic hierarchy?
Thank you, Jan Intia
its pretty good,i like it i just feel somehow that u liked to fill every single free spot on the screen with objects,maybe im just too tired and cant think,but it seems to me like that. i wish you the best of luck with the reviewers decision
I really appreciate your feedback! Thanks for liking the theme, yeah I think I can manage to tone down the objects a bit. Thanks!
@janintia kababayan, ganda ng theme mo ah, marunong ka ba i convert to sa wordpress? heheh joint venture tayo.
Kababayan! Yes, I am planning to convert this template to a WordPress Theme, in fact, I’m much more comfortable coding pages from HTML to WordPress. Right now, I’m focusing a LOT into designing the template first and hopefully sell it as a Site Template.
it will be approved, but you need to take a look to the general aspect, spacing, and typographyGood luck
Wow, you’ve really made an effort to point out specific suggestions/tips! I really appreciate what you’ve done Thank you very much!
I´ll think you can try it Looks nice.
Your only problem could be, that the reviewers will reject it because they think it is not unique enough to stand out on the marketplace.
But try itGood luck…
Thank you and I appreciate you liked it! Yeah, maybe i’ll try to put some more effort to it to be unique.