I have the permission to use some images for a template but the owner required me to place a watermark on every images. Images with watermarks can be use on the marketplace ?
I quite like it! It’s clean and the big shadows look great.
If this were my theme and I would change the following tiny details:
These are just a few suggestions of mine. Sorry if this looks like nit-picking the design, but I believe you may have a good thing going here. And as with my experience with my past rejections, it’s all about refining the small details.
- I’m not a fan of the main navigation. The text is too big for me, I’d make em smaller so that the font style get’s more defined.
- There’s a 1 pixel gap between the bottom of the cuber and the green line
- The drop caps need more refinement. For me the circles are too big for the drop cap font-size. It’s too big and it’s affecting the spacing on the bottom of the drop cap. I suggest making it smaller so that you’ll end up offsetting just 2 lines of text.
- The shadows near the top of the page look good, but the middle and bottom image shadows don’t look as good as the top ones.
- I’d change the social media icons on the footer.. you can’t even see the facebook icon.
- Make the footer copyright text italicized or even the same font style of your blockquotes, this can have a good effect on the style of the footer.
- The submenu needs for in my opinion. It lacks top spacing on the first element (it looks too close to the rest of the main menu), and it also has an extra white line on the last element. It also doesn’t look good if you have a nearby selected menu item, then you mouse over the neighboring menu item.
- How about coloring the bottom-most footer panel to a darker gray to add more distinction instead of just a green line? I dunno, just a suggestion. It may or may not look better
- The page titles in the pages are not vertically centered.
- Change the font for the blog entry details (e.g. “May 13 in News. Written by: admin”), they look lost in the theme since nothing else has this kind of font.
Thanks a lot !!! really appreciate. This is what i need, fresh and clean advice !!!!
@ParkerAndKent – yes agree with u, disable the pagination is a huge limit !! but i believe there is a solution on passing the value to the ajax call … somehow !
I’m using Quicksand for the portfolio page, all good filtering is working but the pagination have a problem. When i click on the set to filtering, the pagination is not going to reflect the new number of items filtered. Here what i’m using as query
$portfolio_query = query_posts( array('post_type' => array( 'portfolios' ),'showposts' => $portfolio_number, 'paged'=>$paged ));
i guess some how i need to pass the pagination value on this call?
or on the enhancement function?
Any help is appreciate
I had trouble with the slider. The arrow buttons are not dark enough. I had to play with it for a little while before I could see the arrows on the 2 and third image.
I really like what you did with the portfolio. That is unique and interestingI don’t understand why it is getting rejected. It looks good to me. The only thing I could suggest at this point is that you reply to the reviewer and ask him to make specific suggestions based on what he didn’t like.
Look like i need to improve the number of features, like different portfolio design, short-codes and so on… I’ll work on that. Thanks a lot for your feedback much appreciate.
Ok, here we are again. Got rejected this time for:
1) Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.
2) You might consider improving your design with more unique features and graphics in order for it to stand out among other marketplace items. Adding features, options and styles will help increase your template’s value and increase its ability to be approved. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval.
Question: am i moving in the right direction or i should rethink ona new design?