Thank you for the idea F², I’ll definitely try this out
Hi satoridesign ! Nice style ! Just, I think the logo will be better at the left because actualy the the left empty area looks weird
Thanks F²! I also had a suspicion that the right-hand side center of gravity may not be the most convenient one Maybe you have any suggestions what to place on the right-hand-side instead of the logo then? Or maybe move the entire menu to the left?
I’d like to clarify – did you have the sidebar typography in mind – or the main content as well? By “rushed” you mean that the item looks like there’s not enough attention to details – or something else entirely?
Also – do you know if there’s a way for me to manually move this thread into the “Item Discussion” section or should I wait for the moderators to do it?
Fair enough. Sorry about the link, was too excited to consider.
Hi again Kops!
After six more rejections and a few sleepless nights my theme got accepted for sale [link removed by Mod]. As you can see I implemented most of the issues you talked about; the only thing that I left as before is the top sliding menu, yet I’ve added a front-end feature for the visitor to keep it always open, and a back-end feature for the admin to fix it in the open position.
I would like to thank you once more for your advice; as a small token of my appreciation I’ve included you in the “Credits” section.
Looks more user-friendly indeed! Thanks! I think I will stick to your proposed black-white-red colour scheme for the theme preview (all colors can be changed in the options panel anyways). Maybe using the oriental motif to the fullest will help make the theme more distinguishable on the marketplace.
Thank you very much for the comments, kops! I really appreciate your feedback and will try to fix as many issues as possible.
One question – do you think the upper sliding menu could stay and serve as a secondary (e.g. category) menu? I suspect that without it the template would look even more generic than it does now
My item has been rejected twice on Themeforest, I can really see how that has helped me improve, despite being (naturally) discouraging and disappointing
Here is my latest demo version: http://satoristudio.net/fuji/
The second time the item was rejected the comment from the moderator was as follows:
Right now, I’m seeing too many issues that I can’t possibly point out what specifically needs to be fixed. So for now, look to tweak and polish this template. With improvements, I’ll hopefully be able to be more specific. For now, please use the following as guidelines:
- There are a few inconsistent spacing/padding as well as alignment issues throughout the design. I’d like you to go over it with a fine toothed comb and weed out these basic design issues.
- Please look into how you’re using white space—both micro and macro. It needs to be intuitive, consistent and frame the content correctly in the manner you seek.
- Overall typography and visual + typographic hierarchy needs additional refinements and improvements before it will be ready for Theme Forest.
- Important— try to make your theme’s design more unique. Adding features, options and styles will help increase your template’s value and increase its ability to be approved. However, a unique design will be a key factor for approval. Try experimenting with different layouts, placement and positioning etc
- Even with the current design, a significant increase in the polish of the various aspects of the theme may just swing the decision in your favor. Right now, it doesn’t feel like a premium theme due to the lack of attention to details.
I’ve seen that quite a lot of people get the exact same emails, with their themes being on the different state of “premiumness”, so now I’m a bit lost. Thus would really appreciate if the community could point out at least some of the (more specific) things that need to corrected (especially in connection with the points above), so that I’d know the direction in which to proceed. I promise I will take all criticism with due respect.
Thank you very much in advance!