• Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Happy birthday!

And I also have to repeat what some other authors said: it’s very good that you’re just 18, but you have a nice portfolio and working on it ;)

2022 posts
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Hahaha :D

2022 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

PhotoDune reviewers evaluate thousands of files per day and the article the review team directed you to explains why an image may need a release form. http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/196
Yeah, I’m very well aware of that :) Moreover, I even wrote this in my first post :)

Unfortunately, due to the high volume of submissions, the reviewers aren’t always able to provide a custom written response. Also, for this particular issue, photos are to be soft-rejected so the team wouldn’t be hard-rejecting them.
Yes, I know why they soft-reject them in that case, but still, after I’ve explicitly stated in my Comments for Reviewers that they can freely hard-reject it, because there is NO model-release, they still soft-reject it. Therefore I could not conclude anything else but the fact that reviewers don’t even bother to read that Comment field…

It’s not my intention to point fingers at any specific reviewer… As a matter of a fact, I am aware they are doing tremendously good job, but the volume of work seems to be making them sloppier and in a greater hurry than a man should take while dealing with creative works…

2022 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Today I had one image soft-rejected because reviewer requested a model release. I tried to explain why I believe it doesn’t need it and I politely asked for a more human explanation (rather than a generic pointer to a wiki page) in “Comments for reviewers” field.

I get a same generic reply… I try again… SAME ! Moreover, I told them to hard-reject my photo if they feel that model release is really necessary, but no, I still get soft-rejects, as if nobody ever read my comments to reviewers…

I understand that there are hundreds (or thousands) of photos they need to review, but still, is this really the way reviewers should behave?

2022 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Something like that :) I can’t say much about it, sorry!

Cool :) Looking forward to it (although I still don’t know what “it” is :) )

2022 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Niiiice ;) Thanks!

Question: will this lead (eventually) to option that will allow author to interlink their own similar items automatically, instead of writing html code all over the place (like it is now)? :)

2022 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I’m using Zoom H2 for large portion of my sound recordings… And I’ve had so much fun with it so far, explaining to people what it actually is, explaining myself to security guards in supermarket, getting away from an old guy in Istanbul who thought it’s a bomb while it stood on the ground on a square near mosque… :D Boy, how interesting life is with portable recorders! :D

Yeah, I know this post was quite unrelated to the original question, but somebody mentioned waving around his Zoom recorder in questionable places… :)

2022 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I love the app, because it’s simple yet informative. The only feature I’d like to see is that the application window opens once I click (or right-click) on “NEW SALE ” notification popup. The way it is now, I click it and it disappears, and then I have to find the icon in system tray and right-click > open window, to actually open it. One-click solution would be very useful to see what I actually sold :)

Is it possible? :)

EDIT : For example, left-click on popup opens the application window, while right-click just closes popup… Or the other way around… :)

2022 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Very well deserved. Congrats!

2022 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

Congratulations! That’s probably the only thing you can’t get with money from Envato (but is surely much easier to keep it strong and healthy with that money ;) )

Enjoy the blessing!

by
by
by
by
by
by