68 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Had an item that became a weekly top seller
  • Had an item that was trending
+4 more
2035Themes
says

Hi everyone, we’re reviewing the data and reconsidering all the various options on the table as well as all the feedback we’ve received here and we’ll come back to you soon with a decision about next steps. Watch this space. Chris.

@Chris, with all due respect, here’s my question for you, and it’s not intended to offend you or anyone from the staff or devs, because I truly love you guys and I love what this community stands for.

If all range of authors, including a level 12 author, and all range of buyers including 500 + item buyers, request respectfully that you just add the anchor to the live preview back to the main image, why are you telling us there are other options on the table?

We, the community, want the old functionality back, not with a lightbox on the image, not without a link on the image, just click the image, and it takes you to the live preview. We don’t want other options on the image.

Edit all the buttons under the image, add the lightbox there, we don’t mind, just leave the image and the live preview buttons as they were.

We’ve been asking and waiting for this to be resolved for more than 10 days now, and each day we get a short answer, and then no one else replies. Some of us make a living off the marketplaces, and we want sales to stay constant. How can that happen when changes like these are done without polls, without proper buyer notifications, and completely against any user interface online.

We love Envato, we want Envato to grow, but for Envato to grow it MUST listen and apply the requests of the community and it absolutely must abide by the standards that everyone knows! The marketplaces are not a website from CSS Awwwards, and having a crazy website with a completely different UI/UX from the entire web will not help authors, buyers, or sales. It will do the exact opposite!

Last but not least, when a community of 5.000.000 + strong members gets a new feature without at least beta testing it and using polls on at least 20% of it, I consider it to be a catastrophic decision. Things like this are dealbreakers for buyers, which in turn, hurt our sales. That saying if it ain’t broke don’t fix it, should be the bible of Envato when it comes to new features being developed that completely change the functionality of features that brought Envato to this size in the first place.

So, our / my question is tell us, in how many ways must we beg / ask / request / tell / shout / scream / that we need the old functionality brought back, and does it seriously have to take 10+ days to add a live preview link to an image? :(

+1

68 posts
+4 more
2035Themes
says

Hey there,

I’m going to jump in and throw a +1 for the preview image linking to the LIVE DEMO like it use to. That is all.

Best,

Chris

+1

68 posts
+4 more
2035Themes
says

Hey, I’m Chris, the new Head of UX & Design at Envato Market. Sorry for the delay in following up on this, but I’ve reviewed all the feedback here and discussed it with the development team.

We take a lean, iterative approach in developing new features for the Market, this means we like to get things out in front of our users as fast as possible and then iterate based on the feedback, only then do we really find out what works and what doesn’t. While the initial idea here was sound and followed a well known UX pattern (clicking on a image to launch a larger collection of images via a lightbox), it’s clear after seeing the mixed feedback that this needs some more development.

With all users of Envato Market in mind (including both Authors and Buyers, of all items including Themes and Graphics) we’ve decided to make the following changes:

• The lightbox screenshot preview link has been removed from the main image
  • A screenshot preview is available by clicking on the screenshot button, using the new lightbox
  • A live preview is available by clicking on the live preview button

These changes make it absolutely clear to the user what to expect when they click and support our Authors whether they have a live preview, screenshots or both.

So, big thanks to those of you who provided constructive feedback and helped us understand the pros and cons of the first change.

Finally, as with each and every change we make to our product, we are closely monitoring sales data. We’ll never maintain a change that does not have an overall positive impact on sales and in the event that we do need to rollback a change for this reason, we’ll let you know.

Thanks

Chris

I think you said image is image not link anymore? Our some items preview image is opening lightbox, some item going live preview and some of them doing nothing because they’re just image. We just want old functionality of preview images.

68 posts
+4 more
2035Themes
says

What can I say, friends.
In my humble opinion ; Envato Marketplaces should feel very lucky that only a very small percent of authors treat their customers like the same way Envato treat their precious authors.

We all know that you’re all so busy, and of course we truly understand that, running Marketplaces like Envato’s is far from being easy and time consuming ; but even a second “we’ve heard your concerns and the update is still on the way” message would do the job. Is it really that hard friends?

When I got an email from my customers I response back in 5-10 minutes ; even if not within 5-10 minutes, I certainly respond to them with a message to make them feel that they are not talking to the air. And please believe me, I am really, really busy too; working from 9:00 AM to Midnight like almost many of us do, yet I find the time to write support messages to my customers.

Just letting you know that “no need to respond authors on the forums” trend is really not nice fellow friends, it’s really not the “right” way to treat individuals, whether they be complete strangers or authors working all across the planet.

We are all human beings, we don’t deserve to be unnoticed. Nobody deserves to be unnoticed. Please think about this, friends.

Kind Regards,
Bedros

+1

68 posts
+4 more
2035Themes
says

I’m about to wrap up one of my worst sales weeks since I first started on this site 3 years ago in 2012. Sales fell off a cliff last week and I’m not exactly sure why, but this issue of clicking on the preview image and opening the screenshots instead of the demo probably has at least something to do with it. Can we please get that reverted back to the way it was prior to the change? Thanks.

+1

68 posts
+4 more
2035Themes
says

I will not allow our forums to turn into a place that Staff fear to enter.
Hi Travis, but it’s the opposite, actually.
We absolutely want to see more fellow staff on forums ;)

Please friends at least give us an update like “reverting back the old system for the items which have a LIVE DEMO is on the process”.
+1 Keeping folks posted will be much appreciated ;)
+1

+1

68 posts
+4 more
2035Themes
says

I think screenshot update is affected to sales. Our sales are going down when the new screenshot update release. I think a lot of customers think it’s a psd template. We have a lot of customers bought a html template and tried to install it in wp.

68 posts
+4 more
2035Themes
says
68 posts