Posts by Ana474

10 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
Ana474 says

I am keeping a lookout for a theme that meets my needs, what type of category would you say the layouts of these sites come closest to?

http://www.refinery29.com/ and http://www.harpersbazaar.com/

Seems to me to be most similar to a magazine type theme, but maybe I am wrong? No magazine type themes come close to this with any cms at themeforest that I have found, so maybe I am all off on a category to be searching for? Is there a category anyone would recommend I keep a look out in?

10 posts
Ana474 says

Just as the title states looking for a wordpress developer to take a theme we choose together to fit my needs and add a specific carousel I want and also to add a few plug ins and customize them to fit the theme such as Uber menu or something that gives specific look for the theme and brand fit. More will be discussed if anyone is interested.

You must have work to show for reference.

10 posts
Ana474 says

wow, nothing on themeforest for this type of set up? Surprised no one has thought to do this yet…I imagine someone should do a theme of this sort, there would be many uses…people selling art online that blog about their art, people that need blogs for photography then sell it, MMO sites that blog then sell books or ebooks, musicians that have blog pages of their stuff then want to sell CD’s online or downloadable music, the list goes on and on, maybe food for though for someone to make one? Some love wordpress alone and do not want to move to thesis or genesis in order to do this especially since generally speaking those child themes do not look that great as a starting point.

10 posts
Ana474 says

I have been looking on TF for a week now and it seems nothing meets my needs or maybe they demo is just not displaying the option. I am looking for

1) responsive design 2) blogging or magazine type theme with nice recent posts homepage 3) ready for advertising 4) woocommerce or commerce of some kind implemented as a secondary to the blog where the blog takes front seat and the commerce is there as a nav button for shopping then takes the user to the shopping page for a shopping experience away from the blog experience, but yet they still pair nicely together.

I do not understand why with so many themes it seems an either/or situation, meaning you either take commerce first seat OR you take a blogging theme with no commerce capability. Seems to me many bloggers I see on the net selling as a secondary to their blog have to move away from wordpress as an option or use another framework with child theme in order to make it work correctly.

Is this because no one wants to be original and make a theme that does not exist? Is it because I am missing these themes on here and they do exist? I really have no clue, but would love to know an answer :)

Any suggestions I am listening….

10 posts
Ana474 says

Ok, I have a template I reallyyyy want from here, but it is only HTML5 template and not wordpress ready. can this template still be installed and run by wordpress and extended and coded to add wordpress ecommerce? The notations on the template do not show if this is possible or not and I guess I do not understand the restrictions of wordpress ready or not when using wordpress?????

10 posts
Ana474 says

As this was just posted I need to move my hosting from Godaddy, anyone have any favorites for hosting?

10 posts
Ana474 says

Eugeneo,

Why do you think that is?? I think it really all depends on what type of products are being sold and branding, no?

Let me explain. For example, if a site is selling electronics, casual clothing, books, things of this nature I would expect to see the standard website layout of fixed width, scroll down, etc

BUT , on the other hand if one is selling couture clothing, couture goods, or something that is very sophisticated I would expect to see one of 2 things, either a flash site or a liquid (fluid, full screen) site unless they were doing something super interactive with HTML5 . Again, I am not a programmer, so I could be missing some ways sites are laid out.

These are just a few examples, as I am sure there are more branding examples, but in my eyes branding is what defines a site layout, not really anything to do with ecommerce or not.

I suppose it is all in what you shop for online and how you shop. I am personally a very visual person when I shop unless I am looking for bottom basement pricing then I really do not care what the site looks like :)

For example if you saw Chanel (http://www.chanel.com/en_US/fragrance-beauty/Makeup-88484) with a static fixed site would it be as exciting? That is just one example of many I suppose.

10 posts
Ana474 says

Yep, I agree a lot more knowledge is needed for an ecommerce template, hence why I think there should be more if that makes sense? I can whip out a Wordpress template easy for myself that looks really decent, but ecommerce? ugh no way

I think ecommerce people looking for templates would pay 3x the amount or more for a really nice one that is unique compared to the same ole sale ole scroll down, featured items blah blah

Just my 2 cents :)

10 posts
Ana474 says

I see so many beautiful WP blog templates, so stunning some of them are. Why so few ecommerce full screen solutions? I have searched high and low for a nice clean full screen elegant ecommerce template done with either HTML5 or similar and find nearly nothing.

I am not a coder so maybe someone can explain to me why?

I do not have the budget right now to build a site from scratch, but there has to be some solutions for those of us wanting a less cluttered home page, nice laid out web store, and full screen?

by
by
by
by
by
by