I don’t know what to make of these sales patterns. Last week was a very strong week, the best in a few months and this week is the complete opposite, one of the worst.
Yet, yesterday was the highest amount of traffic I’ve received all month and only 1 sale. It’s happened a few too many times over the past several months for it not to feel like a coincidence.Maybe the demo sites aren’t functioning at certain times or places in the World. I wish we had better ways of analyzing the traffic with conversion tracking.
Exactly! Nice to hear that from someone with more sales…
Same thing is happening with us… and researching google i found out some disturbing things. for example few weeks back in a construction niche, when searching construction themes 3 tf link were there to certain themes, then later on 2 and now just one…. every time i tryed to get some feedback from envato on google SEO i got the same answer we cannot influence that, yet things are changing to worst… just for example sales went 50% down on one of our themes from friday to monday in the same time we got lost from search engines.
And sales overall are extremely unstable.
Weard… who knows maybe its magic
Our Accounting theme
For us this week is awful, last week was quite cool. If there wasn’t for our new item giving us that small additional income we would cry.
Guess some people just do not want to get it. If you put a word Free clients will never have such high expectation and even if they are already confused once you slap a “pay for support” then there focus becomes clear as “I paid I own them”. That is why the price is low because while it was free we controlled if we let someone go on for 60 tickets.
That is not the point here, when buyers pay for something and it is not free abuse goes up drastically and we have to deal with it not envato. As i mentioned if they regulate this successfully then the price is ok, but envato failed catastrophically to regulate that until now.
And lets keep in mind a question… what will do this to overall sales?
Ok lets ignore all other answers but… 70% of $17.40 = $12.18…. you are joking right? so let me get this strait, we will be obligated to support them for 6 month for 12.18$ with our platform.
Now you could say that we already are doing that now we will get payed, well people will demand a whole lot more for those 12.18$ that we get and we will have to spend tons of time explaining to them that things that they got before free now they have to pay.
Now this price is ok only if you will regulate the bad comments and ratings that will follow, because until now sorry to say you do not we only get automated answers that you cannot do anything.
A follow up once this 6 month for those 12$+ passes what then?
And to wrap it up… taking 30% of this is well sorry for the harsh word but greedy and unethical at least until you offer us a good support platform which will eliminate the need for our own and you manage all the issues that arise!
Ah yea one more question to my existing list, what happens to our current items?
I have few questions before I go all ballistic:
- As mentioned how is the support defined
- What will you do with all the 1 star ratings, lets face it when clients see “not free support” that usually means they think we will custom code for them and provide them a relaxing message or anything they desire
- What is the price after 12 month period all together?
- 17.40 is ours or -30%?
- Who provides a support platform, since if we do and all we have is your api well remind me why are you taking 30%?
- Is support charged per each purchase of items, example 10 licences of one item per one client + 10 support extensions? Since once he bought 1 licence he will pay for it and annoy us for the rest 20 or god knows how much
- I presume api will have all the info we need on how many licences they have, what kind of support purchased for how long or is it valid or not etc.?
- What will prevent buyers to purchase an item without support trash us for some feature or what ever, rate us 1 star and flood our comment pages and support platforms?
- Can we charge additional premium support subscriptions that lets say include additional customisation
This are just few most important questions, in my eyes you did not take almost non of our worry’s in account and you are yet again doing as you please. I am very disappointed.
Smaller do it from home for additional income authors do not yet understand the magnitude.
Yes things are fluctuating, but some are up some down guess its our time for down