1 – Would Add Pagination buttons for the TOP part of the Search Pages while still keeping the ones at the bottom. Better “User Experience”, better exposure for old items.
2 – Each 5 star rating brings 2 sales as a bonus.
3 – I would help fellow Envato staff to bring support response time to 0,1 seconds.
4 – Make purchased items disappear after a week (God knows how many times those items are used due this. What is the meaning of keeping them “downloadable” forever other than abuse?)
5 – Most importantly, remove “EGO” from human nature (it’s not a part of our nature actually but, Long story.).
Bundles should disappear as soon as the time is over (in our case, a week later).
God knows how many times they are downloaded via non-appropriate behaviours.
My question however is, you mention you have a few authors you enjoy buying and using their products and will continue to do so if they sell on their own site etc. I understand that also, but have to ask, why not just buy from those authors here? Is your sole issue with Envato, hence no longer wanting to buy from here, rather than authors or just a mix?
Exactly ; there are of course “bad” apples, but there are also thousands of responsible authors here.
Sorry to hear those ; It’s sad to see a buyer experiences those kind of things.
No matter what, no one can deny that they have a GooglePageRank of “5”.
Maybe some fellow authors here are designing too “elegant” themes.
It’s all about the buyers , without you all of this would be meaningless…
So , buyers , how do you buy..?
Considering which criterias..?
Are you (or CAN you) using the SEARCH option..?
What makes you buy from the same author again and again , and vice versa..?
What features you want (or do not want) to see at the marketplaces..?
There are many questions can be added , so this is your thread , I think any feedback would be helpful to all of the community.
1. When buying themes – I rarely use the search – Envato search is rather limited. Works for plugins but not templates.
2. Sadly, only 2 authors, after nearly 200 purchases, made enough of an impression on me to buy more then one product from them.
3. Having made quite a few not so fortunate buys over the years I got smarter (or so I think haha). I now browse the comments extensively:
a. if an author refuses support in the comments, I move on - I understand it's not the best platform for it, but none offer access to forums pre purchase, and having been burned, repeatedly, I now only go for those that remain transparent about their product. b. if an author is rude in the comments, I move on. c. if an author can't be spotted for a month in the comments - I run.
4. I’ve learned not to pay any attention whatsoever to good star ratings, badges, titles, what not.
5. I look at a product change log, in case of scripts or themes.
6. I look at comments on other author items if there are any.
7. I ask pre-sales questions. I do make very biased judgments based on response received.
8. In case of popular themes, I recently started Googling for opinions. l wish I have thought about it sooner. Would’ve saved myself few hundred dollars
9. It bothers me if people practically copy the design of others – I avoid such author’s like a plague. If you have that sort of attitude towards a fellow author, I don’t have much hope of being treated well as a customer
Most items I buy are either WP themes or plugins, and an occasional script or graphic. I’d happily pay double for every single item on here if it meant higher quality control and better motivation for the authors. I don’t think Envato’s cut is proportional, in any way, to the service provided. To either side.
More details on WP themes here – http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/humble-request-to-all-wordpress-authors/148538?page=1.It’s great to see people asking questions, thanks!
Great Feedback, thanks very much for taking your time to write it.
I hope the community benefits from it and many other fellow buyers share their thoughts on this.
Well, I think this may be a “theft” issue, right?