I feel like this whole thing could be made really simple by doing all the following:
- Item Support and an Item License purchase is the same thing.
- The support and license lasts for 1 year (includes item updates & support).
- If you want continued updates/support for that particular license, you need to renew it.
- Increase the price of the products that opt-in to this new format (and increase it a lot).
- All of this can be managed easily with the Envato API (checking license date, renewal date, etc.).
And then allow all of these things on an item by item basis. If you don’t opt in, things stay exactly as they are now. Why is this being made so overly complicated with licenses, support months, etc. It feels like things are getting more complex than getting your taxes done.
Here is the problem i have:
The reply to hotmail.com doesn’t work for me and if you reset password you don’t get any “Reset Password” message back.I have checked the spam, no messages.
I’m not quite sure what you mean but could you submit a ticket and we’ll see if we can get it worked out? https://support.ticksy.com
fuelthemes saidTotally agree to the statement and also just wanted to thank you for a great product – we’ve been using it for 2+ years now and while there are some bugs here-there, it still does a great job simplifying the support handling and we’re very happy with the results so far. And version 3.0 definitely took it to the next level, keep up the great job!
I loved the 3.0 update and I think Ticksy deserves the amount they’re charging.
There are 2 things I would like to see:1. Custom domain 2. Providing premium support for a fee (Ticksy can take a percentage of each sale).
Thank you very much! SO happy to hear you stuck with us all this time.
I will sum up some nicely features we would like to see in next phase :
1. Let the customers and supporter can reply via email ( email ticket system maybe ? )
2. Custom domain
3. Child categories for articles, for example one product is a Collection and then in product we have some categories like : Install, Troubleshooting, FAQs .. etc
4. Need a search box for article while replying to ticket, the same as HelpScout: You type in search box and press Space to insert article link into reply content. ( Give HelpScout a try or I can send you my currently HS account to test it. ).
5. Addition field when user submit ticket.
We are happy to see them even the price need to increase.Regards.
Indeed! A lot of these are on the list. Specifically #1 and #2. I definitely want to add a dropdown for adding article links quickly. I actually used HelpScout for about a year before rebuilding Ticksy. HelpScout does rock, but they are more pricey and their Docs feature is a $20 ($30?) add-on. Ticksy’s comes with the system.
1. let customers use email also.
2. option for custom domain
Is there any option to pay one time (may be for one year) and use without saving credit card info? Even Adobe are being hacked, Saving credit card info is not secure at all.I have seen somewhere you mentioned about phase 2 and 3. So what’s phase 1 ?
Both of those are on the list. They’re big ticket items so they may not happen soon but it’s something I really want to get working.
Credit card info isn’t saved with me. Recurly, our payment processor handles all of the payment information and they are highly reputable: https://recurly.com/
I do have plans of adding other payment options like Paypal and Stripe however, but that might not be for quite a while.
I wanted to share my excitement that version 3.0 is now available in a “soft launch” of sorts.
You can access the signup form from Product Hunt (please also give an up-vote if you’re feeling nice!): http://www.producthunt.com/posts/ticksy/
There’s a 30-day free trial in place and “Product Hunter’s” will get a 50% discount for life… FOR. LIFE.
If you don’t know what Ticksy is, it’s basically Zendesk but simplified. It’s geared towards people like us supporting WordPress themes/plugins and other products (it can be used for any type of support but this is what it was built for).
Most importantly, there’s Envato API integration so you import your products and verify purchases right from the “Submit a Ticket” form.
Let me know what you think!
Is there any way to remove my old account so I can sign up with my desired domain or am I unable to take advantage of this great offer?
Yep, if you go into your Account Settings you can cancel your current account. Then just sign up again (it will be a fresh account however, any tickets will be removed upon cancellation).
Thanks for sharing it, after register its show an error for me
Whoops, should be fixed now.