Overall a great looking item with lots of potential!
Just a few thoughts, I hope this is enough to get you started!
- The animation in the navigation is way too much. There’s the icon moving, the text flying in different directions and then the dropdown shows up too. It’s just too much. I would recommend ONLY having the dropdown animation and leaving the rest to simple fade from grey to the color. The icon animation in the dropdowns is also unnecessary imo.
- Change the font. It’s very hard to read and a lot of it is way too tight (the kerning or letter spacing). The leading is also too tight. Go with a more standard-looking font (Open Sans, Roboto, Lato, Droid Sans, etc.) and let the text breath a little more.
- Personally, I would lose the drop-shadow on these circles: http://d.pr/i/p6Pd/3xeJAm81
- Try to keep the spacing consistent throughout. If you have 20px of space at the top of a block, try to keep it 20px all the way around. See: http://d.pr/i/miPq/D6LeZcLx
- These are pretty neat, but I would disable the effect on scroll, otherwise it gets annoying when you try to scroll down the page when the mouse is over those circles (it cycles the circles instead of scrolling): http://d.pr/i/6b9P/4I6HwX7s
- In the tab area, there are some more spacing issues: http://d.pr/i/d8ES/45ufVHdh (the sides of the tabbed area should line up with the line and the title, imo).
- The testimonials area is nice, but I’d give that some breathing room as well and just make it bigger, you have plenty of room to play with. Let the typography fill that area.
- Some comments on the footer: http://d.pr/i/sRUb/125Utcnp (make those social icons brighter on hover and add space between the text field and button).
- And finally, I’d work on the responsive mobile view a bit more. There are some spacing issues there as well: http://d.pr/i/dASP/3YrVMM77
Ticksy is in maintenance mode at the moment. There will be a series of bug fixes and minor updates but for now no new features are planned. There are a little over 100 support requests in Ticksy’s support system that I will be weeding through and dealing with the major bugs that have arisen. I want Ticksy to work well for those that still use it, and we have a lot of fans that have been disappointed as of late. I do apologize for that.
As Sam mentioned in his blog post, Boxy Studio is not using Ticksy anymore—which is basically high treason—but it honestly just didn’t cut it for the number of support tickets I was getting. This certainly isn’t an anti-ad for Ticksy, but if you decide to leave I would understand.
That being said, I also highly recommend HelpScout if you’re planning to move on. I wrote a Gravity Forms function to verify the users via the Envato API and Sam will provide that to whoever needs it as he mentioned in his blog post.
And then there’s the announcement that Envato will be adding “support packs” for us to use as authors. I could not be more excited about this and perhaps it will bring in a new era for Ticksy. One that includes the new API with the time limited support function. Who knows!
Just know that we haven’t decided to kill Ticksy. There are too many users that really enjoy it and I wouldn’t want to shut it down for no good reason. We will keep it alive and get those bugs fixed and perhaps in the future it will make sense to give it the revival it needs. No promises though!
One final note: If you’re still happy with Ticksy but just need that one darned bug fixed, please shoot me a message on Twitter and I will push it up the priority list.
Happy Birthday Envato!
Thanks for the 100% commission and I LOVE the new badges.
Now that Leafping is out on Code Canyon, some of you previous buyers might be wondering how to update from here on out. Just shoot me an email from the email address you used to purchase and I’ll get you the updated files (which includes a new update script so you can update again in the future):
Hey there! I try to purchase plugin on http://leafping.com/ but got error on checkout https://www.dropbox.com/s/8h6ofu7wodvjlmu/Screenshot%202014-06-12%2012.07.35.png Pls help
Try again? I just updated EDD to the most recent version and tested out the cart. It seems to be working for me.