I think it is a great idea! +1
Thanks for the kind words and endorsement! I am really glad you were able to get the sound you wanted on your project. If you have the budget it is always nice to get someone else to master, even if you do everything else (produce and mix) on the project. When I produce albums I always try to use a different mastering engineer (even though I do mastering) because that last set of ears can really make the project sparkle and fix things you might have missed.
Let us know when the project is released. I really enjoy your work and would like to hear the completed project!
If you are going to be using pro-tools, look at picking up a digi002 rack and having the guys at blacklion do the signature series mod to the box. With the mod the digi002 sounds amazing!
- Advertising: I believe AudioJungle will be the next ThemeForest. Factually, audio is actually a larger market then website templates, however there simply hasn’t been a central marketplace or mechanism that really has had the power to attract and engage all of the potential buyers around the world.
No company has really emerged as a possible solution and front runner – until what is happening now with AJ. Respectively, there has not been the same type of focus on AJ as there is on TF as the revenue is not even close, which is understandable, however I believe now is the time to make some serious changes to get this great market place to become the #1 Royalty Free Music website in the world!Overall, the music is already here and continues to get better. The community is already here. The site is already beautiful and easily navigable. We already have the goods, we just need to let everyone know we’re here!!!.....so my last point is, please increase our advertising budget!!!
I agree with Tim, audio has huge potential.
One other point I would like to add is that I believe AJ could use a price increase. The pricing is so low I have had clients purchase tracks from sites that cost more because they didn’t believe the tracks and license’s were legit from AJ due to the low cost.
2. Some sort of sliding scale for non-exclusive authors like the exclusive authors have, not as lofty, of course, but a little bit of a hike for reaching certain revenue amounts.
I thought version 3 was the best for what you are looking for. It retained the dynamic range, felt more open and had more air while also raising the overall dynamic level. Just for fun I messed with mastering the original – see what you think:https://www.yousendit.com/download/M0Rvek9wTlEzS3BFQlE9PQ
Can you upload the unmastered version as well? It is hard to comment without hearing the before and after.
I wanted to take a minute to voice my concern over the fact that the Trax files show up in the AJ Top Sellers Listings: This is a concern for several reasons:
1. Trax and AJ items do not have the same license – if a user purchases a Trax item they play from the Top Sellers List they may assume that the $2 gives them the same license because they are listed on the same page as the royalty free tracks.
2. The audience for Trax and AJ is totally different – Trax is a personal download service ala itunes and AJ is a professional marketplace consumers license audio for use in their projects and productions. I am afraid having Trax files mixed with AJ files will cause consumers (especially new buyers) confusion.
3. It really isn’t fair to AJ authors to compare sales to Trax authors – it is like comparing apples and oranges – the pricing is different, the licenses are different, the intended audience is different.
4. The other marketplaces do not operate this way, all of the top lists are for each individual marketplace, photodune and themeforest don’t share a top list etc…
5. It is not fair to the AJ authors – Having the trax files in the top list likely doesn’t help their sales much as buyers are looking for production music not personal music but it does hurt AJ authors as it bumps AJ authors out of the list.
These are my concerns and would like to hear other thoughts on the issue:
That is a really bad move mixing the top files like that, they are intended for two dramatically different audiences and don’t even carry the same licenses. Having the trax listings on the AJ site does nothing to help the trax users and only hurts the AJ users and clients.
I think they should be separated, anyone else want to give their opinion?