Posts by CLINE123

328 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Most themes are very customizable nowadays, you shouldn’t have any trouble. Specific questions are best answered by the theme author.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

This one looks close to your example: Revista – Ultimate Flat Magazine WordPress Theme

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Great job and great song and very well done. I agree with and second RandallKHarp’s comments. Has all the trappings of a mainstream song and would make for a good soundtrack/music backdrop for a TV show or movie. If I didn’t know it, I would have thought it was from a major recording artist.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Thanks for the replies guys. @Doru, I know you from around the forums, will contact you once I get to that stage.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

For someone who configures websites for a living I should know this but I don’t. A client wants his WP site outfitted with a similar video intro embedded on the side like this site: http://www.fivetownslimo.com/. Can my peers point me in the right direction?

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Of the 85 items I’ve bought, 75 have been WP themes. Thank you authors for making my job so much easier. You did what you do best- create awesome themes, and I then do what I do best- configure to make them work for my clients’ business. We’d both be nowhere without each other.

Thanks to my favorite authors: WP Explorer (yes he’s number 1), Sara_P, WP Titans, Orange Idea, System 32, Saurabh Sharma, AIT, who’ve been around the block, and there are some authors who I’ve just tried their spectacular themes: SemiColonWeb, muffingroup, webmandesign.

I’ve had to refund just a few and Envato support has always been stellar.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

I just got a full refund just yesterday for a theme that turned out to be more trouble that it’s worth. I even had the opportunity for a refund from my first ticket but the support staff who answered my ticket was able to solve the technical issue (I had to manually change some code). The theme genuinely didn’t work as advertised but I passed on the offer for a refund and chose to try to work with the theme for my client.

I’ve encountered more bugginess now that my client cannot live with and so requested my refund and now have to buy a new theme and re-do my client’s site. I absolutely want my one star rating to remain there and so help me I want to post a comment warning others about the theme.

Envato won’t give out a refund on a buyer’s whim because he suddenly doesn’t want the theme, so some of the arguments here have no merit.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

The issue of giving buyers what they want doesn’t distinguish 2 types of buyers on TF imo. The WP newbies (maybe slightly experienced) who are doing one-off projects for their boss or on their own, and the other being ‘career’ buyers like myself who are giving more serious thought to the theme being selected. I don’t understand, how are authors going about ‘listening’ to buyers?

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Last night I shortlisted about 10 themes from the Corporate category for a client and didn’t look at any with 3 stars, I clicked on all that were 4 stars and above. I just can’t take the chance when I have to deliver a site to a client. I’m sure I passed on many great themes.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Just writing to gripe about an experience this week. I got a referral from a client for a similar site, which was down for a few months, for someone he knew and used his site as an example of what I can do. Anyway, got the job (gave a nice 20% discount which I do for referrals), and it turned out that the site was a Wordpress site using a theme I recognized from TF plus a look at the source code showed the original name and I realized it was from an Elite author who I bought from before.

Anyway, the theme was customized a bit code-wise, it looked like the menu was adjusted, footer etc., and I preferred to start again from scratch so I asked the site owner to request at least the original theme folder or the latest downloaded version from his old web guy.

To my surprise the old web guy said he doesn’t have the original theme folder and asked why the new dev can’t work from the files on the server. I then stated my preference for the un-customized folder and made him aware that I know he got it from TF (btw it’s the Notorious theme from Damojo) and even sent him the link to download the latest version from TF. His reply was that he got it in a bundle on TF and can’t re-download. I can’t remember if it was ever in a bundle so I can’t disprove. Anyway, still, no web designer in his right mind would customize the original files so he must have them and just being difficult, aargh!

by
by
by
by
by
by