342 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123
says

That’s a nice feature. I’d like to have an Add to Wishlist for items that move from my Favorites (items which may stay for weeks or a few months), but ready for imminent purchase but not just yet. Either that or the ability to temporarily hide or disable an item from my cart without deleting it.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

This is based on my usage of the new cart feature in the Envato Marketplace which I’m happy we have it now. I’ve observed and feel I need a way to either hide items from my cart without deleting them or moving them temporarily (perhaps to a wishlist).

As it stands right now, I may have confirmed items I’m ready to buy but not just yet. In my process, such an item would have moved from my Favorites to my cart after say, a client confirms the theme (it’s usually a TF item), but I may be waiting on my client’s official commitment or some other reason.

What I have to do right now is delete the item, then add it back from my Favorites when ready.

From a selling point of view for Envato, having buyers put items back to Favorites put them in the backburner and out of mind. Leaving items in the cart, either hidden, in a wishlist etc., keeps them in the frontburner and more likely to convert into a sale.

My 2 cents.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

I’ve bought many themes, and continue to buy. With the experience I have under my belt I don’t have nightmares with demo content anymore but the absolute truth is that to this day I still hold my breath every time I make that click to import and breathe a sigh of relief when I see ALL DONE HAVE FUN.

My clients usually have the regular shared hosting plans from the popular ones like Dreamhost, Go Daddy, Bluehost and still on occasions I get the memory limit errors, timing out, internal server errors etc.

I’ve found that with demo installs from inside the theme options panel provided by the author works almost all the time. It’s the XML uploads that has me biting my nails more. Of course, this is my experience, and I’ve installed a lot of themes.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

If client already has hosting

Simply ask him for his log-in credentials so you can access his cPanel or server for FTP, i.e. access to do what you need to do to deliver his site, end of story. If he has hosting already and is comfortable with it, then leave it be. Simply charge him on your web design fee.

If client doesn’t have hosting

• Indicate the hosts you recommend
  • If client is comfortable with giving you his credit card info, do the sign-up on their behalf
  • If client is not comfortable, then forward them the link to hosting, indicating the steps he has to follow
  • If client is not too computer savvy, then sit with client and go through the hosting sign-up process

Hope this helps

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

Charge them only your fee for web design which doesn’t include hosting. Let them know that hosting is additional and may be obtained from any host of their choice but you have a few you would recommend. It will be in your interest to have affiliate links for your recommended host.

You have to bear in mind that some clients may already have websites and therefore hosting, so it will be a hassle to have to reduce your cost if you included it beforehand.

NEVER make any purchases for domains and hosting in your name or in your account. ALWAYS create accounts on your client’s behalf in their names so that they own it. You may also sit with them and walk them through buying their own hosting plan or do it with their credit card info in their presence.

Start as you intend to continue my friend, always be professional and seek your client’s interest first.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

Needs more work, Woo Commerce, Visual Composer, no social links, but you’re thisclose.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

Hey there,

The most effective method I’ve found is asking the user to rate the theme after I resolve any issues the they have in my support forum. Happy customers tend to give happy ratings ;-)

Best,

Christopher

This works absolutely, and I’m embarrassed to say that 99% of the time that’s when I take the time to rate. When themes work solidly and there are no issues I just do my thing and move on. Unfortunately it means I hardly rate good themes that truly deserve it.

I suggested in the badges thread a while ago to Envato to issue ratings badges to encourage rating.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

There’s already several authors who offer paid support vs free support. ‘Premium Support’ in their cases means you get responded to as a priority and also you get a little more hand-holding. Seems to be working for them as we are looking at possibly offering this. We already offer theme installation and customization services so seems natural to us, also just received an email this morning from a potential buyer asking if we provide premium support moving forward they can pay for.

As a buyer of themes for clients I see this as a good option in general. Not for the priority support and handholding, as in my experience most themes work the way they should and good authors tend to be helpful with simple customization tips. Larger customization services, keeping the theme updated and playing well with plug-ins etc., is something I wouldn’t mind packaging as part of ongoing maintenance for clients and ‘outsourcing’ to the very author I bought the theme from. I think I can sell such a service to my clients for both Wordpress and Magento themes that I buy right here on TF.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

Tiered buyer rating badges (rated 1 item, rated 10+ items, etc.) might be a good idea to raise awareness and give some kind of incentive for buyers to rate items :)

I agree with tommusrhodus and greenline as I’m guilty of this. I rarely rate unless the theme is really outstanding, yet I only look at themes with rating stars and only buy 4 and 5 star themes.

The other instances I may move to rate a theme is right after a good support experience where the author replies ‘don’t forget to rate…’ and I feel compelled to return the favor (as free support is such). This means that great themes that work properly remain unrated in my download section. So again +1 for a buyer rating badge.

If I may as well, I recall a similar system on a now defunct site called Helium for amateur writers where stars were awarded for rating other writers’ submissions. In addition to writing stars, the rating stars right next to it was always a glaring comparison that sort of finger-wagged at the persons apparent selfishness, i.e. loved to write and have fellow writers rate his work but won’t spare the time to do the same for others. Some sort of similar concept here can be entertained.

Again I’m totally guilty of this selfishness as I use the ratings of others to aid my purchase decisions, yet I rarely rate, which means that perhaps very good themes (since I buy mostly WP themes), are getting overlooked.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

Loss of stars because of un-deserved low rating affects an item more than realized. I don’t EVER look at an item that’s 3 stars or less, and I only purchase rated items.

by
by
by
by
by
by