Posts by CLINE123

328 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CLINE123 says

@digitalscience and others, personally I never go on the homepage as I’ve bookmarked the WP category. I always look at the newest themes starting from the last place I left off and work my way to the top. Then I work my way back down again to the bottom of the first page. I hover on the authors I know, the Elite authors and I always take a second look when I see 4+ star ratings. I agree with you though that the system needs improvement for the sellers’ sake.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

If I may, I’ve bought a lot of themes here and few have been super easy to use, many have been easy and most required me knowing what I’m doing but all I figured out. I wouldn’t be so fast to buy another theme as I’m sure the Firefly theme isn’t broken and it’s probably something small you’re missing.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Oh my, TONVIE, my ‘favoritest’ poster in all of TF writes on the forums, so the world did end in 2012!

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

... Don’t think that just because there aren’t a lot of customers commenting here that they aren’t reading what you write.

Some have no idea how much this is true…

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Sometimes when there’s a technical problem, we need to manually force the system to start fresh, that’s all! Just like that age-old tactic of restarting/turning something off and on again (like my finicky old laptop) to get it to work :P If you need anything else though, or have any other questions, you know where to find us! We’ll be happy to help :) Ellice S DreamHost Staff

This was the first major problem I’ve had with Dreamhost, everything else has been minor and quickly sorted out with excellent support. What had me worried was the more than 24 hrs my and clients’ sites were down for the first time and fielding their calls having no idea of the status. I thought checking off ’ ...everything is broken, people are dying’ to indicate the urgency of the problem meant priority but it wasn’t and that’s what was disappointing.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Finally back online, here’s their reason: “It looks like there was an issue with the apache instance hosting your domains. I was able to restart the apache instance and the sites appear to be loading without issue now.”

I have no idea what that means, never meant to cross the apache.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Just checking to see if anyone else’s sites are down because of Dreamhost moving some accounts to a new server in the East Coast after they shut down an old data center in the West Coast. My site’s been down since yesterday and so to 20 other client sites on my shared hosting plan. Other clients on individual hosting plans migrated without issue. Dreamhost hasn’t posted any update or admitted any issues and my support ticket is still open.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Just my 2 cents, maybe give OrangeIdea some time. I’ve purchased a theme from him before (not Rise) and was back and forth on a customization I needed for a client that was not a theme issue which he was not obligated to do at all and he was very helpful.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Thank you but how do I do that?:))
Use an FTP client like FileZilla to upload directly to your WP content theme folder, then activate from your dashboard.
328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Try uploading via FTP instead.

by
by
by
by