Posts by CLINE123

332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Just checking to see if anyone else’s sites are down because of Dreamhost moving some accounts to a new server in the East Coast after they shut down an old data center in the West Coast. My site’s been down since yesterday and so to 20 other client sites on my shared hosting plan. Other clients on individual hosting plans migrated without issue. Dreamhost hasn’t posted any update or admitted any issues and my support ticket is still open.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Just my 2 cents, maybe give OrangeIdea some time. I’ve purchased a theme from him before (not Rise) and was back and forth on a customization I needed for a client that was not a theme issue which he was not obligated to do at all and he was very helpful.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Thank you but how do I do that?:))
Use an FTP client like FileZilla to upload directly to your WP content theme folder, then activate from your dashboard.
332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Try uploading via FTP instead.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I took it, some nice questions. The income question doesn’t state the currency…USD or Euros?

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I fall into that category of ‘web designer’ who configures Wordpress themes. I think HTML and CSS is a must and can’t see how even a ‘configurer’ like myself can do without them as I prefer to always work in the HTML window in WP and often make CSS tweaks to the theme. I don’t know JS and have a basic understanding of PHP though and I always mean to delve deeper but haven’t gotten around to it. If I need help I’ll only ask an author privately as a favor and only if they care to.

Not knowing HTML and CSS is doing a disservice to a client’s website imo. I’ll be the first to agree that we’re already getting away with murder using these great themes, we can at least learn basic coding.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Windows 7 ain’t broke for me. The coolest thing about Windows 7 is the window snap feature.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

i stopped buying altogether on all site because there is no buyer protection. I buy so many things that has false advertisement and doesn’t work as advertised, that I just don’t have time to waste money on these sites until these issues get addressed and taken more seriously.

You may have your own experiences but I rarely have issues. I’ve only had to raise tickets for only 3 themes, all tickets were answered very timely and in my favor. Personally, I’m very comfortable here and I don’t get the sense that Envato is out to make a quick buck (not implying that you meant that), but get the sense that they’re developing their business model as it’s still a business.

What also gives me some peace of mind is that the staff is always very engaged and at hand, even for minor matters and that doesn’t happen a lot elsewhere where all you get is the corporate persona.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I make my living fulltime as a WP Configurer. As a buyer it’s refreshing to be asked my opinion on TF. You asked how do I buy, here is MY process:

• When I get a new client I try to understand his business to determine what kind of theme may be suitable- corporate, creative, etc.
  • I try to visualize his site in my mind then go looking on TF
  • I scan themes that have the LOOK and FEEL I visualized, regardless of what features/function they have
  • I don’t look at themes with 3 stars except if I know the author
  • I shortlist at least 5 them- then check the features to see if I can live with the compromise
  • I check who the authors are, prioritize them: Any theme from AJ Clarke absolutely without question, authors I bought from before, Elite authors, silver paw and up, the rest based on the theme’s comments the ones I’m familiar with get priority, the lesser known ones I check the comments to gauge them
  • I send links to the demos to my client (frames removed)
  • I buy the one my client picks or reveal my pick if they ask
  • I rarely remember to bookmark, choosing to instead always go on a fresh hunt
  • I’ll shortlist newer themes first unless an old one stands out
  • Doesn’t matter how many pages deep the theme is, I look until I can find at least five then look at the created date and decide

It’s all about the look and feel to me first before anything else. The theme must suit what I feel is best for my client. This means all these plain vanilla themes that’s been coming of the assembly line lately barely get 2 seconds of preview.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Just fyi, from a very regular buyer’s perspective … I have never bought a single item via the homepage, in fact I never even go to the homepage. I go straight to http://www.themeforest.net/category/all every single time I visit, so I can immediately view all the very latest themes available…

As a buyer I’ve also never bought anything via the homepage. My bookmark is set to http://themeforest.net/category/wordpress so I can browser new themes to bookmark or keep in mind.

I’m also a separate market segment of TF buyers as I buy themes for clients so my buying process may be slightly different. With many features being so standard now they play a small part. Though I wander over to Mojo for a look see from time to time I’m too comfortable here and choose to stay. The price increase hasn’t affected my buying one iota, I’ve simply adjusted my website pricing just a tad, especially for sites using e-commerce themes as those prices have increased substantially.

I don’t care for tags and search terms, I need a ‘look’ that I feel matches the business that I’m doing the site for and it’s totally subjective for me. I feel safer with Elite authors and upwards from silver paws but occasionally give a ‘new’ author a chance if it feels right.

Lately there are way to many same old, same old themes, especially in the corporate/business category imo, and they’re becoming a nuisance.

by
by
by
by
by
by