332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

@Tonvie

I think it boils down to how much your time is worth. In the early days with not many clients competing for your time you could have afforded spending extra time. Now that your clientele has increased, a flat rate should at least account for a maximum number of hours beyond which clients needing updates would pay your hourly rate.

I believe the rule of thumb should always be a cost per hour maybe broken down into increments. I haven’t reached 70 clients yet but I already see the potential for such a dilemma.

@The authors

As a buyer too, good documentation trumps any excuse to comment. The links idea is a great solution.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I don’t think that 90% of buyers are just lazy. From reading many theme comments many of these buyers are just new to Wordpress. Of course that doesn’t mean that the authors have to teach them too, but they should exercise a little patience and use some discretion and diplomacy when replying to questions.

Many of these buyers will get over the learning curve and will remember the authors who were patient with them. I did.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

You can also close tabs this way (middle click).

2 new things in one day what are the odds?!!...I think I better go lie down :D

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Well I learned something new today. I used to right click to open in a new tab.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

That’s one of the most hilarious tweets I’ve seen. Long live Google Chrome.

IE 9 , it slices, it dices, chops and blends. But wait there’s more! It mows your lawn, grates your cheese and tons of other stuff…can your browser do this? :)

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Thanks for this thread for some revealing insights into Magento. I’ve been using Wordpress themes for clients wanting simple e-commerce sites but lately I’ve had more serious inquiries and and would prefer using a platform built for e-commerce. I’m a little scared of the learning curve though as I know absolutely nothing about Magento, but there’s no time like the present.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I resorted to using a classified ad theme for a business district in NYC which I modified for a business directory (from another theme provider), but the closest thing I saw on TF was Open Press, but it doesn’t have the style I’m looking for.

There is a site that offers a paid business directory with all the bells and whistles for $10,000 US, and I think all those features can be easily duplicated by the quality TF authors here. Not sure if I can post that link.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Just want to say thank you for this collection. It not only saved so much time browsing the various marketplaces but also made me aware of other items that may be of use to me, not only now but which I can bookmark as well. For example, dtbakers Ultimate Client Manager, though from 2009, was exactly what I needed but never knew existed on Envato nor looked for here or elsewhere, and now I found it.

Or maybe it found me :)

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I unzipped it at first but wordpress says to upload a zipped folder.

After I unzip the main folder and find the theme folder, I just zip the theme folder and upload via Wordpress. If that fails I upload the unzipped version via FTP which works 100% of the time for me.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Try FTP , it should work. You have to unzip the folder and make sure that it’s only the theme folder that’s uploaded. Most (if not all) downloaded themes have the actual theme folder inside the zipped folder and many users mistakenly attempt to upload the original downloaded zipped folder via Wordpress and therefore get the error.

by
by
by
by
by
by