342 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123
says

Thank you for pointing out Duotive’s theme. I’ve been overwhelmed with the new releases and I missed it. Now to find a client for it…Great job, refreshing.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

I’m not surprised…Austria produced both Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and Arnold Schwarzenegger :)

The Kriesi is probably saying “Ah’ll be back!” :)

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

As with any theme. I prefer all the bells and whistles be made available so I may choose what I want (actually my client) and leave the rest. That way I spend my time adding content instead of wondering how to get the functionality I desire- though it wouldn’t really get to that point, for as Fillerspace rightly pointed out, if the options are limited I just won’t buy it.

Authors must aim for the widest cross-section of buyers so they won’t have to waste time responding to feature requests.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

I can’t remember how I found TF but it is the site where I’ve put down stakes and call home. There’s never a dull moment- from the forums where I love to read the professional banter of authors with all badges between each other and also with us buyers- to the Wordpress daily theme releases which these days just keep getting better.

I started out web designing on the side but now make a living with it full-time. There’s never a dull moment there too- meeting new clients by day, then configuring their websites by night.

One client who answered my running classified ad for a website kept asking me what else do I do. I thought he meant like email marketing, graphic design etc., but he wanted to give me a job. I’m sure I’m among the few people who’s found a job he loves because I haven’t worked a day since started doing this full time as I don’t get nervous on Sunday night!

Oh, and I told the client I don’t want to answer to a boss and don’t want a job so he said come in once a week if I want to and work from home when I want to, which is what I’m doing when I have the time. Pinch me, I must be dreaming!

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

I’ve got a really nice real estate theme for WP, check out my profile.

As a matter of fact you do and I’m waiting for such a project to buy it for :).

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

Thanks Tonvie, as a matter of fact I’ve been intimidated with Magento so maybe it’s about time I face my fear. I’ll contact RaviG soon.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

Niche categories have a better chance for long-term sales. Just look at the restaurant, church, fashion, etc. categories. They just have a handful of themes each. ThemeForest should encourage authors to create themes for these categories, maybe in exchange for a higher commission or some other incentive.

This is the 2nd time Ive seen fillerspace make this observation. The first time I procrastinated in commenting and the inclination passed but I have to agree. There was another thread in which I made the same observation about the need for niche themes like church and someone replied that there is no such need as it’s easy to swap images an customize almost any theme for such niche purposes.

Authors should also be observing the great percentage of buyers on TF who are not Wordpress experts by any stretch and who would rather have such niche themes so that they would have little else to do but add content.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

I was shaking my head but when I tried it myself I realized the sheer genius of such an improvement. It’s the best thing since sliced bread.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

@Tonvie

I think it boils down to how much your time is worth. In the early days with not many clients competing for your time you could have afforded spending extra time. Now that your clientele has increased, a flat rate should at least account for a maximum number of hours beyond which clients needing updates would pay your hourly rate.

I believe the rule of thumb should always be a cost per hour maybe broken down into increments. I haven’t reached 70 clients yet but I already see the potential for such a dilemma.

@The authors

As a buyer too, good documentation trumps any excuse to comment. The links idea is a great solution.

342 posts
+1 more
CLINE123
says

I don’t think that 90% of buyers are just lazy. From reading many theme comments many of these buyers are just new to Wordpress. Of course that doesn’t mean that the authors have to teach them too, but they should exercise a little patience and use some discretion and diplomacy when replying to questions.

Many of these buyers will get over the learning curve and will remember the authors who were patient with them. I did.

by
by
by
by
by
by