Posts by CLINE123

328 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Or may be a feature to transfer a purchase of an item from one account to another account. Like in RoPadel’s case the original developer would agree to transfer the purchase of the theme from his account to RoPadel’s account as he is now dealing with the client’s website.

In my experience that’s not always that easy because it’s one web guy taking business from another and you don’t always get such professional courtesy. Hence my suggestion of the purchase code or something similar to be automatically uploaded with the theme files. Of course the worst case scenario is the client not getting any access, log-ins at all from the old web designer.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Is it then, best practice to allow clients to purchase their own themes through themeforest, thus ensuring that they have full rights.

This experience brings up an interesting point. I understand the licensing problem faced but I still stop short from having my clients purchase their own themes preferring to buy all themes from my account as it’s easier to manage all from one place, download updates etc. If I take over a client’s site from another web designer, I usually have to start over from scratch so I’ve never had to continue using their current theme.

What I could suggest that authors do is to include a license or some unique identifier in the theme files/upload folder that would automatically be uploaded with the theme which any new site admin would be able to access and prove the theme’s legitimacy.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

Many countries have a National Insurance System. You’re never penalized because you are a freelancer as you are in fact self-employed and I’m 100% sure though there may be private pension programs, the state will have a similar program.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

I agree with kops- a forum with knowledge base. As a regular buyer I prefer not to send support tickets unless I absolutely need to. I usually scan through the theme comments on TF but it’s a pain if there are many pages. Forums are helpful to me as 80% of the time I find my answer there in just a quick search. I can’t speak for buyers who fail to read documentation as I do that first, then re-read if I encounter a problem, then search the comments or forum and finally, as a last resort, open up a support ticket or email the author.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says
328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

How can you say Google doesn’t give an accurate result? What did you search for? There are many sites that provide average salaries by city. company size and other metrics.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

@wpnukes, as a buyer I think you are on the right track. The home page looks a little too busy imo as it seems that you’re trying to be all things at once. Who is the target audience of this site, patients, medical professionals, medical suppliers, all? The theme has a nice corporate feel without being too stuffy. Lose some elements of clutter. With good navigation on the homepage all inner pages will be found so everything doesn’t have to be in your face to get found.

I always advise authors making niche themes to research the niche by actually paying a visit and gathering some intelligence. So visit a medical center/small hospital and talk to some doctors, nurses and patients, then configure some pages to suit. This theme has potential to be a big hit, just needs more thought and polish.

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

I have 2 kids…got it directly from Spongebob…Patrick saying “I wumbo, you wombo…” when Spongebob stole Mermaid Man’s superhero belt. :)

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

@purethemes: The biggest snort I had all day… :)

328 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • United States
CLINE123 says

At first glance I think that the Featured area on the home page is cheapening the look of an otherwise great looking theme. I don’t like the misalignment in the Latest section, all cart buttons should be in a neat row imo.

by
by
by
by
by
by