Posts by CLINE123

332 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I may be in the minority but I don’t ever look at the homepage, my bookmark is set to the Wordpress category.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I wan’t aware of that and that’s a bit naive of me, I use the ratings as a guide when I buy from the lesser known authors. I try to buy from the elite authors as much as I can.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Bought 4 themes in one sitting for the first time, all for clients! Brings me to 64 items from TF alone, not bad for a year and a half in the website ‘configuring’ business.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I bought many themes from AIT (the most from any author) including Creator. Creator works fine and AIT ’s support has always been stellar.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Or may be a feature to transfer a purchase of an item from one account to another account. Like in RoPadel’s case the original developer would agree to transfer the purchase of the theme from his account to RoPadel’s account as he is now dealing with the client’s website.

In my experience that’s not always that easy because it’s one web guy taking business from another and you don’t always get such professional courtesy. Hence my suggestion of the purchase code or something similar to be automatically uploaded with the theme files. Of course the worst case scenario is the client not getting any access, log-ins at all from the old web designer.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Is it then, best practice to allow clients to purchase their own themes through themeforest, thus ensuring that they have full rights.

This experience brings up an interesting point. I understand the licensing problem faced but I still stop short from having my clients purchase their own themes preferring to buy all themes from my account as it’s easier to manage all from one place, download updates etc. If I take over a client’s site from another web designer, I usually have to start over from scratch so I’ve never had to continue using their current theme.

What I could suggest that authors do is to include a license or some unique identifier in the theme files/upload folder that would automatically be uploaded with the theme which any new site admin would be able to access and prove the theme’s legitimacy.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

Many countries have a National Insurance System. You’re never penalized because you are a freelancer as you are in fact self-employed and I’m 100% sure though there may be private pension programs, the state will have a similar program.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

I agree with kops- a forum with knowledge base. As a regular buyer I prefer not to send support tickets unless I absolutely need to. I usually scan through the theme comments on TF but it’s a pain if there are many pages. Forums are helpful to me as 80% of the time I find my answer there in just a quick search. I can’t speak for buyers who fail to read documentation as I do that first, then re-read if I encounter a problem, then search the comments or forum and finally, as a last resort, open up a support ticket or email the author.

332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says
332 posts
+1 more
CLINE123 says

How can you say Google doesn’t give an accurate result? What did you search for? There are many sites that provide average salaries by city. company size and other metrics.

by
by
by
by
by
by