- making the marketplaces responsive
- more, better analytics for authors
Off the top of my head:
- SSL: +1
- Taking a good, strong look at the ratings-functionality, reviews etc.: +1
- Someone mentioned DMCA Takedown Notice services: +1
- A proper, smart search facility: the current one feels a bit like
SELECT * FROM items WHERE title LIKE '%find this%'
- On the same token: more ways to drive item discovery through better search, etc.
Yaaay – first sale of the year!
Fantastic, I look forward to it being rolled out w/c 16th December!
I am slightly concerned about the distinction between Themeforest and the other marketplaces on page 2 of the flowchart.
Surely, this would mean using any sort of trademark in titles on marketplaces other that Themeforest would be a violation – even if it is descriptive of the item’s nature and purpose.
For example, 90% of items in CodeCanyon’s WordPress plugins category come to mind as their nomenclature is “WordPress this” or “WordPress that”. Plus, any item-titles including Facebook, Twitter, Google, [...], et cetera.
Then again, I may have misunderstood.
I’ll be the next Featured Author on CodeCanyon – yahaaay!
I was wondering if there is any possibility of adding some granularity in setting PHP version requirements.
For example, my scripts require 5.2.8 – this means that someone with 5.2.6 will not be able to use my script. Yet I can only select 5.2 – 5.3. Hence, I am forced to always select 5.3+. This possibly leads to a situation where some potential buyers will stop even considering a script.
Anyway, just my two cents to put out there.
Best wishes, CE