• Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+7 more
Code125
says

Hello Guys,

We are trying to fetch new items from sub-categories using the new envato api but we couldn’t find any way to fetch a subcategories items.

Anyone have a clue how to get new items from subcategories like “site-templates/creative”

I tried it here on envato API page with no luck https://build.envato.com/api/#!/market/NewFiles

Thanks

190 posts Amazing WordPress Themes
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+7 more
Code125
says

Envato announced the support pricing few weeks ago. I believe this announcement will provide a better insight about the value of the item.

Suppose an item prices at 58$, at best the author will have 40.6$ as a revenue including the first 6 months of support. In most cases, the designer can’t help with this support.

Support for 58$ will cost 12.25$ so basically the developer and designers can share 50-50 of the remaining income after cutting the support cost “12.25$” and whoever will perform the support and updates will take these 12.25$.

So, If the Developer will handle the support and the updates then he should earn around 26.4$ and the designer should earn 14.2$.

Thats 65-35 share, I believe this will be fair for both of them, If the designer will share the effort of support and updates then they should split the support cost too.

• Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+7 more
Code125
says

Thanks Envato for the new API its really promising :)

I have a question, can we access the buyer country in a statement ?

Thanks

• Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+7 more
Code125
says

Thanks Envato for the new API its really promising :)

I have a question, can we access the buyer country in a statement ?

Thanks

• Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+7 more
Code125
says

Anyone please, i asked for an envato staff reply and nothing happened.

• Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+7 more
Code125
says

You’re right about the survey – best guess is to put in an option which askes the theme/plugin users if they want to help keeping track of some data: ‘Yes (you can always turn this of inside the settings)’ – ‘No, leave me alone’

Well this is the question now, can we ask permission from user to track anonymous data, like the Yaost SEO plugin when it is activated it asks if they can get insights about the usage.

Can anyone from envato staff confirm this please.

• Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+7 more
Code125
says

I know i can’t add any analytics code and i don’t have any tracking code in any of my products :)

The problem with the survey is most people won’t fill the survey, you can get an idea on the participation from the sales/ratings ratio.

Why don’t envato set rules for what you can know and what you can’t know not to violate anyone privacy ?

In any digital product in the world like an iOS or Android App for instance, the developers get analytics for every thing you do within the App, so why don’t we know anything on how our product is customized “on the level of theme options settings at least”.

If you provide One Click Install, or multiple one click install, how would you know that you did a right job for the existing customers, new sales won’t tell that this feature in theme options did great or it was useless because nobody would care for this feature.

We are guessing what customers might want and in the best cases ask few in a survey.

• Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+7 more
Code125
says

Hello Guys,

I have been WordPress Theme Author for more than 3 years here and from my first moment i have this question “how can i make sure that this is the right way to deliver a certain feature”.

I know that we “Theme Authors” can’t put any analytics code in theme files that will send us info about any usage of my theme, in short words … “we can’t know anything about the theme after sale”.

What i have been doing in the past years is try and error, feedback from users and asking directly “what do you think of this feature” and these methods gave me great insights about what customers might need.

Is there any plan for Envato to allow us to know certain metrics about the theme usage in order to enhance our features?

Example for what i mean, we provide 4 blog layouts in a theme and we want to add analytics code that tells us that someone “anonymously of course” choose this blog layout so at the end of the month i will know that i sold 100 copies 50% preferred the following design, and thus it will guide me to my next tactical decision.

At the end we can’t manage what we can’t measure.

Please reply with any thoughts on how you handle this issue ?

• Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+7 more
Code125
says

I remember speaking with Jordan about this a while back – the two apps are so different in the way that they’re built, he explained it was really complex to integrate the two. I don’t doubt it’ll be here eventually, but we’ll have to wait and see when exactly…

Edit: I’ve emailed him to ask if he’ll make an official comment on this for you :grin:

Thanks Sam :) waiting for Jordan’s reply

by
by
by
by
by
by