Posts by CodeMaster2008

32 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
CodeMaster2008 says

Hi there;

From the time I woke up until now (2:50PM) I’ve being trying to pick a theme with no success. I found tons of themes that I like but maybe because I’m not a designer I can’t see through it, I can’t see how I could apply/customize them to fit solution.

I’m hopping some authors/designers out there could give me some advice on this or even if you want to send me a quote for customizations.

Basically what I’m need is a (x)HTML/CSS theme that I can customize for a churhc. I’m looking for something modern, clean and not heavy, also something well finished. I pay a lot of attention to details, here is an example of a template that I like and I’m already using on other website (I love the attention to details on this template): http://www.bogdanrosu.com/themeforest/symplex/symplex_blue/

Besides this general characteristics a few things I need that will probably be done as customization>

HOME PAGE - Slider (not too big as it appears on 90% of the templates on TF) - Featured videos (a list with small thumbnail) - Featured news (with small thumbnail) - Upcoming events - Make a donation - Twitter feed

INNER PAGE - Left side bar with vertical menu - Right side bar with vertical menu

No programming at all, just design (html), I will take care of the coding. If you want to send me a quote

Thanks in advance.

32 posts
CodeMaster2008 says

Hi folks;

I’m about to start a trade show web site and would like to know if some of you creative authors out there can give me advice on a template I could use for it.

Off course I will have to customize the template so feel free to drop me a PM (trough my profile) with a quote if you want to.

WHAT I NEED : That big slider that is in almost every template around here combined with:

Home Page: Featured videos, featured pictures, latest blog posts, latest tweets, poll, news letter form and space for advertisement. This template has some nice home page features we could use my, it doesn’t have the big slider with that “Web 2.0” look: http://themeforest.net/item/colossus-magazineportfolio-xhtml-template/103936

Inner pages: Besides everything else a template usually have I need pages for:

Register Form Speaker list (with a picture and a comment about the session) Schedule (a list, calendar, not sure).

ALL ABOVE ARE STATIC CONTENT . NO DYNAMIC CODE (SUCH AS PHP , CMS STUFF ). I will be implementing the template in a custom CMS i already have developed.

I appreciate any help. Thanks in advance.

32 posts
CodeMaster2008 says

thanks a lot

32 posts
CodeMaster2008 says
Of course checking out the portfolio of the top 10 authors is also recommended.

Quick question: where can i find the top 10 authors?

32 posts
CodeMaster2008 says
Pretty coincidental that i have a file that has all those things you mentioned. Check out my portfolio and search for “Shownotes”.

“Shownotes” rocks man. Awesome work. We should have more things like, more “packages” including titles, lowerthirds and things like that.

However i’d like to have something like that with an opening where I could add some images from the church and pastor.

32 posts
CodeMaster2008 says
Hi, feel free to visit my portfolio: Also check: http://videohive.net/item/you-are-invited-cs3/119866

Thanks man and loved your portfolio by the way. Pretty amazing stuff in there.

32 posts
CodeMaster2008 says

Hi There;

We will start this tv show for our church and I need an intro, lowerthirds and logo animation. I’m looking for something modern, with style.

I hope some authors can point me in the right direction recommending me to some projects. Also, feel free to tell me if you do freelance and would like to work and would like to offer customization for any given project.

Thanks in advance.

32 posts
CodeMaster2008 says

I really hope the authors out there are keeping an eye on this thread and that soon things will start to improve.

I have two suggestions for authors:

a) If you get a chance and would like to experiment, apply the knowledge you are getting here to existing themes and let us see it. I believe it is easier than start from scratch.

b) The volume of Wordpress themes is huge in here and people talk about wordpress all the time but try not to make this place all about Wordpress. Plain HTML /CSS themes are good as well and I believe some authors has great sales experience with HTML themes.

32 posts
CodeMaster2008 says
I think a lot of authors are doing this already, including myself but the problem at the moment i trying to get that across to buyers that it’s not just a big slider, 3 column, portfolio theme – it can be practically any layout you want [...]

Well, in fact I did notice a lot of templates out there where authors are making it possible to have multiple rows with a different number of columns per row in the same page, among a few other coll things. But the attention to customization is in the inner page, while the home page is the one that is more personalized for each different project we make.

You can say that I can grab the highly customizable content area from a inner page, apply it to the home page and do my thing. But as I said before, for non designers it’s not always that easy.

Do you have any suggestions as to what areas can be improved when looking at the item for purchase. What do you look at when viewing an item, [...] Do you read the items description and features? This I think would help a lot of authors demo their product better. :)

I usually will go to the live preview and browse each page. Also I try to read everything peace of information the author adds. When I feel it’s necessary i read the FAQ and go through the Comments to see what people are saying. If there is any bug or things like that.

Backing to the customization thing, the hardest part is look at the home page and try to visualize my content in there, try to imagine how could I manage to change the design, add or remove rows and columns. Try to figure out what is possible.

So, to be perfect for me a template should have the rich Typography some authors are already adding. The highly customizable inner pages with all kinds of stuff they are already doing (from lines between columns to drop caps). And… they should bring it to the home page.

Bring that multiple columns per row thing to the home page. Make it possible for us to see the possibilities of all the many different home pages we can have.

Try to image all kinds of content people would want in the home page. Things that go way beyond blogging. From a static banner to a featured videos or a weather widget. Even a quote of the day.

These things could be just placeholders to show the buyer a few of the many possibilities.

So, if you create a dark background template with a few images of hot ladies dancing, I will be able to see beyond the night club and radio stuff. Will be clear that by just changing the color and moving a few things around, I can go from a night club to a church with the same template (kind of radical but you get the picture).

Gotta go, I think I talk to much :-)

32 posts
CodeMaster2008 says

This is a very interesting topic. As a buyer sometimes i get bored of looking at all these templates. It’s always the same thing, as stated in this thread:

I big slider on top, 2 or 3 columns, blog, portfolio and so on.

I’m not a designer but as a buyer i can tell you if you are design something targeting as much buyers as possible, this “something” must be highly customizable.

I good designer will grab a template and make it look like anything but a non designer (like me – a programmer) will expect something as close as possible of my project.

So, i believe every template should have what designers are already adding but also include:

A- At least 2 different slider layouts B- Twitter and Facebook widgets (even if it’s just a placeholder) C- Featured Articles, Featured videos and things like that, look at this template:

http://themeforest.net/item/colossus-magazineportfolio-xhtml-template/103936

I know the above template is more of a magazine style but sometimes I’m not looking for a magazine template but the project will have a featured videos widget. So, if i get a nice an clean template as the one bellow I will have to hire somebody to customize it, to add something that could be there already:

http://themeforest.net/item/infocus-powerful-professional-html-css-theme/91284

So, my point is:

Make it as customizable as possible so we can buy them and play around, move things, hide things and use it not matter if it’s for a church, a school or a restaurant. If everything we need is right there we will spend less time looking for it and customizing it. We will work on more projects and buy more.

Last week I spent a day and half looking for a template and at the end, I had to hire a designer to customize one.

by
by
by
by
by
by