Posts by CodingJack

5411 posts The Dude Abides
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+9 more
CodingJack says
I like the idea of dragging additional holders onto the stage, but I honestly don’t know what that would take.

I’d probably set it up with 3 holders on the stage that were all instances of the same MovieClip stored in the library. Then you just drag the MovieClip from the library to the stage to add more and resize and place as you please. And you could cut them from the stage as well. You’d probably have to give each holder a generic instance name as well (“holder1, “holder2”, etc.).

then “holder1” would load in xml node 1, etc.

+9 more
CodingJack says
if they insist on doing this why not have one of those stupid annoying little msn style js popups in the bottom right which pops up without otherwise distorting the way the file displays (except for being there obviously)

Or just put the banner in a div instead of an iframe and float it over the other div.

+9 more
CodingJack says
Colin Moock’s books are awesome. Great for learning and reference!

The thing I don’t like about some books is how they don’t use real world stuff. For example, I’m never going to build a zoo, how about building a full flash small business website instead and showing me how to do it?

I also think things are not explained as well as they could be in most books. I used to train others in management and the most important thing I always kept in mind was this:

Always assume the person you’re training has no clue what you’re talking about. This and only this philosophy can put yourself in the shoes of a noob.

+9 more
CodingJack says

Good idea. I assume you’d need to work within Flash to resize and move around the holders. I see this file begin able to contain any number of holders by just dragging and dropping one onto the stage. Then the script handles everything automatically and the xml takes care of the rest. Then instead of it being a full flash site you’d build each html page separately right?

+9 more
CodingJack says

Hi Reaper. Looks good. I saw a few cases where “visible” needs to be changed to “_visible” and also this one:

http://pastie.org/471191

+9 more
CodingJack says

I have also been to pages looking for help only to spend too much time sifting through many pages of comments. Maybe a simple link to “view only comments from buyers and author” would be a good option.

+9 more
CodingJack says

This made me think about xml caching. Does anyone include cache busters for xml in their files?

+9 more
CodingJack says

I don’t understand why it has to break the layout. If FD keeps the banner, I hope they are able to fix this problem (maybe frames instead of iframes? I don’t know… )

+9 more
CodingJack says
Shouldn’t we have that header only if the preview page is not opened from the main item’s page?

+1

+9 more
CodingJack says
... What I’m trying to say is that with digital we have an opportunity to make problems like accidental loss a thing of the past.
We do indeed, but why should the onus for protecting against accidental loss be on the seller? The buyer is just as capable of keeping a safe copy of his file. When you buy a car you take out the insurance .. not the dealer.

good point

by
by
by
by
by
by