Posts by CreatingDrew

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

No worries at all, your quite welcome :)

Good luck with your search.

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Your welcome :)

Basically, you’ll use AJAX to talk to a php script, which will in turn search a MySQL database per user input and return info. You’ll then use php to return the information back to your AJAX script, and jQuery to display it nicely to the user.

There are a lot of really good programmers on here that could probably do this for you. Give this thread a few days and then you could start your own thread here asking for a quote.

Envato also has a site where you can post a web programming job for free, there are some good people that search for jobs there too. See: http://jobs.freelanceswitch.com/

Also this article on Nettuts might give you more insight than I can :) http://nettuts.com/tutorials/javascript-ajax/adding-a-jquery-auto-complete-to-your-google-custom-search-engine/

Best of luck,

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Whats cool about typeface is that since its javascript, if the user has JS disabled, it defaults to the css font settings. So its nice to try our and play around with if you have the time. sIFR is more reliable and cross browser supported (since its flash) but requires a little more effort.

As for the licensing on the font, you usually can never package fonts, but you can use it in a theme preview and then explain in the text file how to download and set it up.

Regards,

Drew

Edit @kuimu-your welcome, nice call on the font :)

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

You’d have to get a quote from a programmer for an exact price. Could you explain more what your wanting to do? An auto complete drop down search (kind of like google)? If so, there are a ton of tutorials on the web you could try to follow, but you may be better off hiring someone if this is for a professional or business website.

Basically, you’ll be using AJAX , php, MySQL, and Javascript (jQuery) to put it all together.

Also, just an FYI , Java and Javascript (I believe you meant JavaScript) are two completely different languages :)

Regards,

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

They use sIFR (flash) to embed the font. You can either use that or some JavaScripts, my favorite is http://typeface.neocracy.org

Basically you can use 1 of 3 main techniques -images -sIFR -JavaScript techniques

There is also @font-face but this is hardly reliable and wouldnt recommend it.

Regards,

Drew

Edit-You’ll find most people use images, along with default browser fonts for web design. sIFR and JS techniques are kind of a bonus to add to a theme :)

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Im not sure if it is the exact one but: http://www.myfonts.com/fonts/ef-typeshop/montreal/heavy/ certainly comes close. I love the font as well :)

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Just checked them both out, videohive looks awesome. And the $25,000 giveaway is such a cool and great marketing idea. Envato rocks :D

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

I agree with the OP as well. Perhaps when the larger image shows on hover, there could be a small text somewhere if it is a psd/wordpress/html etc.

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Have you seen the sales of some of the admin themes? The highest two selling html templates are admin themes. Furthermore, assuming I didnt miscount, 8 of the highest selling html templates on the first page of “top sellers” are admin themes.

The freemarket rules on this website, and judging by the sales of admin themes, this is obviously something that is desired by many buyers. I dont see any motivation yet for people to stop making admin themes. If I look to see what templates are selling best and see admin templates are, why wouldnt I try to cater to that niche of buyers?

Furthermore, its not as if other themes are lacking, this site IMO , is filled with quality templates.

“Basically admin themes drops quality of theme forest so please STOP ADMIN THEMES “

How do they drop the quality? Great design is great design.

Regards,

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Hi Bryan,

I believe this would full under the Misc. category as this is where the MySpace section is located :)

Drew

by
by
by
by
by
by