Posts by CreatingDrew

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

I was wondering about that and its nice to know the answer. Great job and much thanks TF staff :)

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
yea i’ve since fixed it :)

I jsut have one problem now.. well probably more , but one I see here is that

http://thehomeinspectorwebsite.com/new

in IE the blog button is under one of the divs, i want it to be on top, i tried playing with z index’s but didnt help , only made a difference in dreamweaver

Do both the elements you are trying to adjust the z-index on have a set position property, i.e., position:relative or absolute? If not, you need to add a position property to them as z-index will not work on static positioning. So you will most likely need to add position:relative; absolute will work as well if that will give you the effect needed. Thanks to Chris Coyier of CSS -Tricks for that tip in a recent screencast.

Regards,

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
Looks like I’m on my own here but I actually prefer your first to your second. Also, I don’t think it is as bad as some are making it out to be.

With a few small changes there is no reason why this template shouldn’t be approved.

If you’re interested in my opinion/ideas then shoot me a message through my ThemeForest contact form… I’ll be happy to help :)
Hi JJenZz,

Thanks for your reply, its encouraging to know someone out there doesnt think it is that bad :)

Anyway, I will take you up on your offer for some advice and opinions. Will be in touch with you shortly, thanks for your kindness and willingness to help.

Best Regards,

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
well at least you take the advice well :)

Keep it up, and you will def be able to have some great work to show for it !

The second theme is already looking alot better, because sometimes less is more !

just keep it simple and find some sites you really like that are simple and see why they are soo great
Thanks a lot for your encouragment! I absolutely love this community as I know I can expect honesty and real advice from my peers. I am working really hard as you can see in keeping my themes more simple and clean. :)

Again thanks to all,

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Just a note to TF staff, the preview button is misspelled, at least on the wordpress upload section.

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says
what I really need help with is why the heck does this happen…

http://dave-singh.com/sites/

See what happened? it has got split there i have NO idea why

For the link mentioned above, you need to reset the margins on the p tags (or get rid of the unnecessary p tags you have there).

Add this to your css to remove the gaps mentioned in the link above and style as needed:
  • { margin: 0; }

Best Regards,

Drew

Edit-I am not sure how to format code in these comments, the “dot” above in the code is an asterik (shift on the 8 key ).

Double edit-you could also just reset the margins on the p tags by replacing the asterik above with a “p” :)

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Without looking at all your code because of all of the tables I cant really be sure, but I recently had pretty much the exact issue with a bg color not expanding after the image. Have you made sure you are clearing your floats in the section with the issue? I happened to miss a float and forgot to clear it which caused the same issue you are having. :)

Best of luck,

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

My biggest reason for using themeforest is the advertising. Simnor recently had an excellent post, in where he made the point that 25% of a $20.00 theme is $5.00 compared to a $35.00 theme that doesnt sell at all. Point is, like many of us, I just cant afford to advertise and brand myself the way Envato does. I see a lot of our payment “cut” is due to their advertising, which I dont think anyone could argue against. Envato will bring in 5x if not more advertising than most of us could alone.

Best wishes,

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

@mastergreed-I understand, again thanks for your input and reassurance.

@kailoon-You have a job to do and you do it well, no need to apologize :)

@Jeffrey-Thanks for your advice and input, I will have a look at experimenting with the font sizes etc, as I said I am still developing the theme so suggestions like this are highly welcome.

I just want to note, this isnt my first web site I have designed, just one of my first wordpress themes (besides my personal site), I am more of a coder and backend guy. Which is why I appreciate even more all of your input and help, thanks to all for helping me improve :)

Best Wishes and Happy Halloween!

Drew

2541 posts
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

@Master Greed,

Thanks for your honesty :)

@Simnor-Thanks for the kind welcome and sound advice, its nice to hear from you again. Regarding the validation, I agree, I always try and strive to make my html templates valid, but I am still relatively new with wordpress and found some validation to be a real pain. Point taken.

To be honest, it just isnt my best work and I dont think its practical. I am working on a new theme now, instead of starting a new thread, perhaps I could give you all the link and see if this one is any better?

I am just finishing coding the css so the links and such are not functional: http://creatingdrew.com/Themes/SimplySimple/

Is this design an improvement?

Thanks for all your reviews and honesty :)

Regards,

Drew

Edit-Just to note, I havent swapped the png “check marks” out in IE 6 yet but I am aware of it :)

by
by
by
by
by
by