Posts by DanyDuchaine

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

You should always keep a backup of your file on your computer. Download them as soon as you buy them.

That’s what I do.

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says


Are you sure it work like that for every country? Maybe it’s different in Canada?

Yup, I have worked with Canadian clients

I think the accountants are getting confused and thinking you’re hiring a full time guy

Freelance works the same in all countries, I invoice my client, he pays me and then puts my invoice as an expense.

I would advise talking to your countries tax department for clarification

Yes, I will, thanks for the info.

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Are you sure it work like that for every country? Maybe it’s different in Canada?

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Yes but look at it this way. If I hire someone in my country, for my country it’s easy to go and find that guy that I declared as “expenses” for me .. and collect taxes on his earnings.

Now it’s different with the other guy, How “his” country will ever know he worked for me and have to pay taxes so I guess it’s something to protect other countries.

The guys need to fill out tax report to get his 25% back.

2 accountant told me that 25% need to be taken from the salary.

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Ok so I am based in Canada and I want to hire someone from India.

I don’t want him to be an “employee” from my company, but I would like to hire him as a “freelancer”

I’ve talked with my accountant who told me I have to take 25% from his salary and send it to my government when I do my tax report.

That 25% + the other 75% I paid become expenses for my company, so I don’t have to pay taxes on that amount.

Now the guy who work for me will need to take back that 25% from HIS government when he do his tax report.

His concern is that he will never get that 25% back.

What do you guys do when you employ someone from another country and want it to be legit?

Thanks!

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

All you guys with back problems – stand up, walk, do some simple shoulder/back/neck exercise every hour and get back to work. No chair (not even Aeron or Steelcase Leap) won’t fix your problems (long term speaking)...

Exactly, 45-50 mins of walking/running/biking each day is what you guys need :) And it will make you even more productive because you will have more energy.

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Hey thanks, I found someone but always looking for more guys.

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Hey guys, I need someone to code this form :

This is the coded version so all styling is done except the calendar.

I will provide the HTML/CSS.

What need to be done is to style jQuery calendar as it is on this image right now, link this to a working PHP contact form so that user can choose where it is sent etc.

Please email me at : hello@danyduchaine.com to discuss pricing / timeframe etc.

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

It’s like anything else, you can learn to sing but it doesn’t mean that because you sing clearly, high notes etc that you will be able to touch people and create emotions.

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Congrats! Keep it up ;)

by
by
by
by
by
by