2106 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Hey there!

To help you out here’s a business card template in psd format. Just an empty PSD with the right dimensions etc, including bleed lines (and text safety lines, but these don’t listen as narrow – just my personal preference):

Business Card Preset – Mediafire download

And yes, the business card will print the correct size.

I just downloaded this and the bleed marks seem really big or it just me?

2106 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

A very similar thread has been started just last week link bellow

http://graphicriver.net/forums/thread/separate-marketplace-for-cliparts-vector-illustrations/24303

The fact that there is very little to no need for 90% of the vector made on the site is the issue i would be up for them leaving graphics river as they just clog it up and make it hard for people top find thing they might actually buy!

don’t want to offend all you people that make vector but if you one of those people that upload 40 vector for every 1 sale you get Please stop!

2106 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

But i do think the vector are blocking up this site as so many of them have no sale

I think the vectors piggy back of the popularirty of graphics river as by them self they dont sell that well, well some do but the majority have no sales!

If they made a site for it i don’t think it will do so well so it not really in envatos interest!

2106 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I must say from all my experience on the site i have never had any issues with any reviewers,

i have only ever had one item rejected and it was simply because i had rushed and not put enough thought into the item

I never did said the advantage of having reviewer being authors, which is they have a good level of skill and are in a good position to decide the quality of items.

2106 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
I don’t think that the reviewers would try to take advantage of their position here on GraphicRiver – The amount of money an author/reviewer makes from selling his items I guess it is pretty low side-by-side with his reviewer salary. And yes, he has access to all your files and he looks at how are the files made – but did you see a reviewer that has a file similar with one of yours ?

I’m just talking in GraphicRiver’s case – I don’t know all the reviewers from other marketplaces and neither their files.

Later edit : If he/she did wanna trick us in one way or another – He/She could easily make another user and upload items in there ( his brother, girlfriend, boyfriend, etc. ) and I bet that neither one of us will notice that.

I am not saying it is happening but with the system as it is at the moment the possibly is there, if you had independent reviewers then this would not happen

2106 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

They have a massive advantage over us normal authors i will explain below.

The reviewer has the advantage of look at many people files they can see how the file are constructed and learn peoples tricks for making thinks! then use these thrick to make impressive work

also they can copy layer styles other bit of the work modify them and include them in another peace of work!

I am not saying people are doing this it just is if would be the most fair to everyone if the review were independent and were not authors

2106 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I do think there are changes for foul play, an example below

Reviewer has a business cards they sell

they then review file come across a business card that is better than theirs, and decide to reject it!

very crude example but that sort of thing is possible, but unlikely

but in my option i think reviews should be completely independent and not sell files, but thats just my thoughts!

2106 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

It is a very good point, i will exsplain below

I am a little strange but i hate being the same as everyone else, that why i dont shop in highstreet shop for cloths i get one offs and things custom made and i carry this principle all through life!

That is why i have never bought any thing of the web for use in my own projects, i want it all to be new and fresh and not for other people to have the exact same as me, i would be a lot more tempted if thinks were limited edition,

2106 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Ok! I´m just trying to to draw some background patterns. I´m working at 300dpi 120pxX120px! Does this sounds good? I was testing and then exporting at 72 dpi´s and it works pretty fine!! :)

I would do say 2048 px x 2048 px at 72 DPI as the working master file, then i would resize to the desired size at the end once finished

If it is for the web file size is very important you want it a small as possible while keeping the detail.

2106 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Popular background resolution in my opinion: 2560×1600 – 72 dpi
3508×2480 – 300 dpi
2560×1200 – 72dpi

Have to disagree, If it is a tileable picture it should be square not rectangle to stop space wasting

you should just make it a large a humamly possible then is you even want it bigger you have it, i make so texture a 10,000 pixels then change latter!

by
by
by
by
by
by