Posts by DarkstarDesigns

2109 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

i think face book own all images you put on there, i heard it on the grape vine!

2109 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Yeah just do it better than the one that are already for sale, otherwise sale are not as likely!

2109 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

iamdok:

thanks very much there is just one last question can i have it so when you click on a image it gets larger?

If so i will buy it i have been playing with it for an hour or so pressing everything and checking it all out i am loving it! very easy navigation

Many thanks again

2109 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

just a not I am easy as to the format of the website flash xml html are all cool not sure about wordpress as i know nothing about it!

iamdok:

really like the feel of it and the design looks clean and professional.

not sure about the homepage i would prefer the style of the news page.

I am a designer by trade so i was wondering if it is easy to change say the background and the sparks bit!

Also if i buy and i have a problem setting it up is it ok to email you?

And can i add my own music to the player and set the volume for when the user enter the site?

many thanks

Thanks very much Kamii but its is just not quite what i am looking for!

2109 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I am very busy as of late at it does not look like it is ever going to ease up!

I need to get a web site on line as i am a multimedia designer and need a portfolio web site, and i have just been using deviant art as a portfolio but it beginning to be a little unprofessional, i have the skill to make the web site but alas not the time!

So i dont have time to search through all the possible sites on the market place.

So if you have a product and you think it would be suitable for the needs i have below please put it forward, i have no limit so if your site is the most expensive on envato that no problem as long as it fits my needs!

What i need from the site!

Need to be able to upload images easily as i need to keep it unto date with my artwork

also would like to be able to upload videos

easy to update and add content

contact page

be good if i could change tabs so i could different sections e.g 2d, 3d, videos

many thanks

only leave a post if you putting forward a web site, not to tell me i am lazy for not looking through!

2109 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I like the idea of a defalt material preview, as i see some people who make amazing materials but there presentation detract from that and would lower sales, this put everyone on an even playing field and make it easy for client to go through and find the best materials!

2109 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Thread went a bit mental!

Have to agree with LanceSnider, stock is there to be used it helps with time management, but any of my own work is done from scratch, and it does not make me feel any less of an artist because i have used stock, i would have lost my job by now if it was not for stock sites it as help me to always meet my deadline a keep my word, this is what employers want to see time and money being saved

i use stock models sometimes a lot of the time i dont.

but they are nearly always a starting point and by the time the are finished with you would never recognise them! and some time it is pointless to model something that has been modelled before hundreds of time. an example is guns they have been modelled so many times and you have a tight deadline or the client is trying to keep the cost of the project time it is good to use stock stuff!

2109 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Artists buying models that they did not create for a game development job THEY got hired for is very unethical and is not done by professionals.. Even as a starting point.. What gives some 3D Modeler the right to just buy a model and use it in game dev when in the end YOU get credit while the original artist goes unsung…

Some studios buy models from Sites like Envato or Turbosquid and that is different.. It goes through the proper channels to assure that a license is aquired and credits its creators…

Someone who may have been hired as an environment Artist (for example) has no right to buy a model and use it in the manner you are writing about.

Maybe i read it incorrectly but, it is very insulting and someone who cant meet deadlines for a project and resorts to the method stated above should be fired on the spot.

The clients are told and asked if they want custom models, and warned that it will take longer but alot of client are not bothered as they want the work done quicker than is possible to with the given time frame,

Alot of things in the real world are done slap dash as deadlines are always looming, good artists do use other people work when needed but in all cases it has be stated and in about 50% of case the company get in touch with the original artist and put them on the books for freelance modelling!

2109 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I have just got internet at home after just moving!

This means i will be uploading a number of materials for 3d max and i will be happy to stick to a style of displaying if one is set!

2109 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I think they should have time out on files older than a year that don’t have any sales, that way it will keep the site more relevent to what people need. After one year they get deleted.

I would have to agree that there is way too much clipart stuff, it makes searching the site harder as slot of authers have gone for quantity over quality. I don’t have time to create loads of files and hope some may sell. I have to try and think of something will sell in high volumes so the time I invested will be rewarded.

by
by
by
by
by
by