2124 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Achieved the monthly Community Superstar Award
+14 more
DarkstarDesigns
says

I see a lot of threads about sales going down, and since i have joined i have not found this to be true mine have gone up month on month, not huge sale but slowly improving.

As we a living in a tough climate now you need to chase sales rather than wait for them, if you think of yourself as car salesmen, you would not just wait for a customer to come straight to you in your office, no you go out talk to them and try to sell the car, the same principle need to be applied to the envato market places

my advice is to keep sales from dropping, feel free to add you own

Keep regularly uploading item as they get you on the front page a get you visitors to your portfolio, and i have found this gets you sales, so it good to get on the front page although it not for long it make a difference.

See what sort of items are selling well and try and fill a gap this should bring good sales.

post links where ever relevant and drive traffic to your portfolio don’t waste time just posting anywhere , but on a wider note you need sales, especially in a tough climate to market yourself, get a portfolio online even email design agencies links to you works. and this should help with sales

Get your files in collections and start collections with your file in, just another way you can get you file found on the marketplace

A very important one is to take care when entering keywords when uploading your file, make sure they are all spelt right, or people may not find your file. it a good idea to review your past files and make sure all the spelling it right. also make sure you make full use of them use them all and be a relevant to you work as possible.

another one is to keep a presents in the forum, but don’t abuse it, all drives sales

hope this was of some help!

2124 posts
+14 more
DarkstarDesigns
says

I dont know since joining in November my sale have gone up month on month, not saying they are really high or anything but they have been on an upward direction!

2124 posts
+14 more
DarkstarDesigns
says

I am serous very few people know about it as most people dont read the terms and conditions!

here is a passage i found

By posting User Content to any part of the Site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant, to the Company an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, transferable, fully paid, worldwide license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, translate, excerpt (in whole or in part) and distribute such User Content for any purpose, commercial, advertising, or otherwise, on or in connection with the Site or the promotion thereof, to prepare derivative works of, or incorporate into other works, such User Content, and to grant and authorize sublicenses of the foregoing.

2124 posts
+14 more
DarkstarDesigns
says

i think face book own all images you put on there, i heard it on the grape vine!

2124 posts
+14 more
DarkstarDesigns
says

Yeah just do it better than the one that are already for sale, otherwise sale are not as likely!

2124 posts
+14 more
DarkstarDesigns
says

iamdok:

thanks very much there is just one last question can i have it so when you click on a image it gets larger?

If so i will buy it i have been playing with it for an hour or so pressing everything and checking it all out i am loving it! very easy navigation

Many thanks again

2124 posts
+14 more
DarkstarDesigns
says

just a not I am easy as to the format of the website flash xml html are all cool not sure about wordpress as i know nothing about it!

iamdok:

really like the feel of it and the design looks clean and professional.

not sure about the homepage i would prefer the style of the news page.

I am a designer by trade so i was wondering if it is easy to change say the background and the sparks bit!

Also if i buy and i have a problem setting it up is it ok to email you?

And can i add my own music to the player and set the volume for when the user enter the site?

many thanks

Thanks very much Kamii but its is just not quite what i am looking for!

2124 posts
+14 more
DarkstarDesigns
says

I am very busy as of late at it does not look like it is ever going to ease up!

I need to get a web site on line as i am a multimedia designer and need a portfolio web site, and i have just been using deviant art as a portfolio but it beginning to be a little unprofessional, i have the skill to make the web site but alas not the time!

So i dont have time to search through all the possible sites on the market place.

So if you have a product and you think it would be suitable for the needs i have below please put it forward, i have no limit so if your site is the most expensive on envato that no problem as long as it fits my needs!

What i need from the site!

Need to be able to upload images easily as i need to keep it unto date with my artwork

also would like to be able to upload videos

easy to update and add content

contact page

be good if i could change tabs so i could different sections e.g 2d, 3d, videos

many thanks

only leave a post if you putting forward a web site, not to tell me i am lazy for not looking through!

2124 posts
+14 more
DarkstarDesigns
says

I like the idea of a defalt material preview, as i see some people who make amazing materials but there presentation detract from that and would lower sales, this put everyone on an even playing field and make it easy for client to go through and find the best materials!

2124 posts
+14 more
DarkstarDesigns
says

Thread went a bit mental!

Have to agree with LanceSnider, stock is there to be used it helps with time management, but any of my own work is done from scratch, and it does not make me feel any less of an artist because i have used stock, i would have lost my job by now if it was not for stock sites it as help me to always meet my deadline a keep my word, this is what employers want to see time and money being saved

i use stock models sometimes a lot of the time i dont.

but they are nearly always a starting point and by the time the are finished with you would never recognise them! and some time it is pointless to model something that has been modelled before hundreds of time. an example is guns they have been modelled so many times and you have a tight deadline or the client is trying to keep the cost of the project time it is good to use stock stuff!

by
by
by
by
by
by