Posts by DarkstarDesigns

2104 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
low poly vehicle competition – you’d be able to use everything that was entered within games which means i’d buy all of them with an extended license straight away…

If you looking for low poly vehicle if you give approx poly counts i can try to upload some vehicles that match this!

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I come form the games industry and they! often have two methods of modeling

you model lowpoly first, then use that model to make the high poly.

Or you make the high poly, then make the low

or make the high poly model using subdividing method then just take off the turbo smooth and the low poly model will be pretty much done for you with some extra tweaks!

I you need a better explanation just say or there a bit you don’t get, and i will try and explain better!

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Hey

First off you should not get attached to your own work as it often leads to an inflated opinion of your own work.

I looked at your buttons i can see straight away why there were not excepted.

I will say it as i see it i am not going to sugar coat it!

1. poor use of fonts in the “new and free flag bits”

2. shading on the new and free flag does not match the positions on the button they are on a flat surface but the shading does not show this!

3. colour combinations don’t really work on a lot of the buttons

4. square buttons dont work very well colour, form, layout

5. button lack polished off look, lot of room for improvement!

I think that enough i could go on, it is hard to place why it did not get excepted as there are alot of thing that are off and not one specific thing you can change!

Don’t lose heart or get angry, look at the buttons like yours on the site and there are alot and find the best high selling one and ask your self what these file have that yours dont.

When i upload a file i never think about it not being accepted i just worry will i sell any!

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Just want to make something explosion like :D

Not really good. But i want to make a post :)

nice starting point you can always tweak it once you have the form right and them texture the boxes

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

It funny it is the best people on this site that want to learn the most are the best it should be the other way round! LOL

anyway tml96a, i can give you a list of things that are always wanted!

Weapons (high quality have to be careful a lot aound) props (barrels, creates, lights rubble, damage cars or wrecks) (buildings, cars, bikes, planes, temples )

the list goes on and on it is more the quality that is an issue!

poly count can vary depends on a lot of things, but my advice is only use what you need to and remember a lot of detail can come out in the normal map so you have to think weather you need to model something on a surface or use normal maps!

the main thing is the textures, you are very, limited all models need to be uvw wrapped and now more that 2048 px for the biggest texture ass a rule, very small props can be 256 px or even less.

If you send me an email i can send you a message telling a good site for getting feedback on models gear to the games market, as your nor supposed to do it on the forums!

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I would be easier to advise if you indication what the design is of, if it is any design other that a web template i would upload it to graphicriver.com other wise if it is a web template i would put it on themeforesst.com.

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Was going to say yes to this but i will let contrastblack as it only a small piece of work!

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Nanobot army it is then! It’ll fit in the space.

LOL you you would need year to model a nano ary for that amout of space it would be trillions up on trillions, i would use a bigger number but i dont know any!

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I have started to sketch ideas already i am doing some 3d and some 2d i will probably give you quite a number of sketch as i have a lot of ideas!

I was thinking it would be cool if you gave a deadline for the sketches to be in for like a real contest!

2104 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I do less of that sort of thing, but i have done it before and understand the poly distribution for this sort of modelling!

I you send me an email stephendossett@ whatstheharm.com with 2 pictures one of each model showing the wire frame i will draw on in photo shop where your models need more polys, i have had a quick look and they are pretty good just a few areas that will need tweeking!

I hope more people take me up on this offer as there are a lot of model with small tweaks could be improved significantly!

by
by
by
by
by
by