Posts by DarkstarDesigns

2098 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Was going to say yes to this but i will let contrastblack as it only a small piece of work!

2098 posts
    Has referred 200+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Best moustache of Envato's Movember Australia contest
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Nanobot army it is then! It’ll fit in the space.

LOL you you would need year to model a nano ary for that amout of space it would be trillions up on trillions, i would use a bigger number but i dont know any!

2098 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I have started to sketch ideas already i am doing some 3d and some 2d i will probably give you quite a number of sketch as i have a lot of ideas!

I was thinking it would be cool if you gave a deadline for the sketches to be in for like a real contest!

2098 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

I do less of that sort of thing, but i have done it before and understand the poly distribution for this sort of modelling!

I you send me an email stephendossett@ whatstheharm.com with 2 pictures one of each model showing the wire frame i will draw on in photo shop where your models need more polys, i have had a quick look and they are pretty good just a few areas that will need tweeking!

I hope more people take me up on this offer as there are a lot of model with small tweaks could be improved significantly!

2098 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
Hi:)

I think a fun contest would be to build a robot along the lines of Robot Wars that say has to live within a specified dimension of 5 feet long x 2.5 feet wide and 2.5 feet tall including all weapons etc.

Judged on weapons, texture, detail etc.

Like the sounds of this nut i dont see the need to limit size, as it would be cool with overthe top weapons!

2098 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Hey

This is cool with me i do like some competition keeps things fresh, as in my career i will be competing with people all the time!

I am happy if i dont win and i get a 4 min audio track as i will be able to use it for show reels and what not!

I would say you should give some guide lines I.e

cube, audio, clean, modern, progression

That sort of thing will really help.

Cheers!

I will be off-line till tomorrow when i come back to work just moved house no internet yet!

But i will get started on sketching!

2098 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Cheers my problem is i am pretty new to texturing and my models are insanly complicated and would take so much time to texture the money i would get back would not be worth it as it takes me so long!

2098 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

Hey

I have 3d max so should be able to open the original file!

Not sure if you want it to look like the existing one just better and with more detail or if you want it to be different!

But i am guessing it is part of you brand sonic cube and you want it to be a cube that portays sound as you are working with audio!

I would except Dirty beats for sure as i love it, but i was more thinking i am making you a one off custom job so i would want audio files that no else has!

2098 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says
I have got another sale recently! oh yeah!

I think one problem is alot of the model on the site just are not that use full to people as can be seen by the products that have no sales.

The site will take of better as people begin to meet the needs of the consumers better! a good example of this is WildeMedia just above my comment, she has provided a lot of models that have sold and are of good quality we need more people like this and the site will really take off!
Thank you for the mention but I would like to correct something little ‘she’ not ‘he’. Sorry just had to point that out. :)

Sory my bad Cristine should have been clue enough, just used to nearly always being males in the 3d world! _

P.s keep up the great work!

2098 posts
+12 more
DarkstarDesigns says

As the title suggest i am willing to help people with their 3d models as i have alot of experience on improving other people models as i nearly always finish pepole work or add to existing models.

I have worked on “gran theft auto” “transformers” “transformers 2” and many more so i have real iindustry experience and know what games companyies are looking for!, i am doing this as i think the 3d ocean need an over hall as there are alot of model that just are not quite up to par but with a little work could become quite nice little files

If you would like feedback on any model already up or that you plan to upload and i will give as usfull feedback as possible!

If this take off and people appreciate it i may of to tutor people and help them improve as i have done it on a number of sites

by
by
by
by
by
by