Worst sales since I joined. I seriously need to get some time for new projects…
Sales are bit under average here. But still, I just crossed a 2000 sales line, so I’m celebrating.
Can you please tell more, why exactly this form-factor? Do you like LG Flex?
It’s strong personal design preference, G Flex 2 is the best looking and best built device I have ever had in my hands. Maybe HTC One M8 could compete. Looking only at hardware side, there are better deals, for example G3 has better specs/price ratio. My first G Flex 2 was a faulty unit, I got my money back but I knew I want another model instead of choosing different brand. Regarding size, 5.5 inch display is maximum for me.
Few days ago I bought a new phone (LG G Flex 2) and also a laptop (Acer V15 Nitro), so I can work outside home. (It took me only 6 months to pick a proper laptop). New projects should start coming soon
I remember my project going on pirate sites right after it became featured on VH. Fortunately, I sent so many DMCAs that uploaders gave it up after few days…but today it’s widely available, again.
I love the new player, but please add the volume control, it’s essential.
(2) There won’t be VAT on the author fee because for EU VAT Purposes, Envato acts as a supplier in the middle. This means that for VAT purposes our invoice for an author fee is immaterial, because as far as the VAT is concerned the author supplied to Envato, and Envato supplied to the buyer.
I explained this in my post about the EU VAT changes here – http://themeforest.net/forums/thread/author-information-about-eu-vat-changes/160108It’s a very strange side effect of the EU VAT laws, and is only relevant in the EU.
Author Fee are transactions only between Envato and the Author, am I right?
Author Fee is explained (in a simple way) as a “service”, not commission, am I right?
If answers to both questions are “yes”, then:
- Author has to report his full earnings, then deduct Author Fee as expenses
- In my case, this is service provided from Australia (classified as 3rd country type) to my EU country
- If I am receiving any service from 3rd country such as Australia or USA, I need to pay VAT for it.
So for example if buyers will pay $1000 for my projects, according to my current rate (60%) :
*20% is buyer fee = 200$
*80% is my gross income = 800$
*20% is author fee = 200$
*20% (in my country) from author fee is VAT = 40$
My net income is $800 – $200 – $40 = $560.
Same rules will apply to many EU authors, you are forcing them to pay additional VAT and higher income taxes due to higher gross income. So they might not be responsible for VAT purposes regarding sales, but many of them are responsible for VAT purposes regarding Envato’s Author Fee. The whole mess could be simplified just by charging buyer fee only…you don’t need Author Fee at all.
I have checked every single laptop on market, because I want to get out and make projects outside as well. My choice is: Lenovo Y50-70 with 4710HQ cpu and 16gigs of RAM. However I’m going for classic TN panel 1080p version (which is known for terrible viewing angles and poor colors) and I’ll switch it with an IPS screen (there is a lot of discussion about this display change on the internet). Also I’ll change the internal HDD for Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD, it should skyrocket.
I would not go for UDH display version because:
- You will need to switch to 1080p resolution for After Effects which will result in worse picture quality than on native 1080p display (After Effects CS4-CS5-CS6 are not optimized for UHD resolution, all icons will be tiny & unreadable…only if you use CC 2014 version you should be fine)
- higher resolution = higher power consumption
- UHD display has a 48Hz locked refresh rate, which might be noticeable