Posts by EFEKT_Studio

2412 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Hi, welcome to the hive. You have some good points. Lately I found that a music track (specially if it’s included in the project) can trigger inspiration for me. I think a lot of it in my head, then maybe throw some sketches, think how it could be implemented and write that down also, think about color’s, composition, style, camera movement, 2d-3d, etc, and then work on project. I found that this way is more efficiant than just starting ae or cinema and work from nothing.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

What videohive need is a new reviewer which will only look at files quality, not the techincal details. Don’t get me wrong, I think plac and brain are doing a GREAT job, it’s just that they don’t have time to look at these kind of things. So, besides 2 reviewers we need a new reviewer, which could be from VH and that third one will only watch at project quality, is it a rip off from another media, or even from videohive, quality control, etc.

What you think about this?

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Thank you felt, but I still didn’t get the answer. I suppose the best answer is to raise the prices (in my case), which I will do. So, as you said, if he has someone cheaper, then go to him, I know I don’t want to come in situations like this one again.

So, from now on, my basic customization is at least $200, and more complex one from $500 to $1000. I don’t care if no one will hire me. And I know, I will do a good job and put my maximum effort in to it, if there’s no tight deadline.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Don’t charge peanuts. Go and look at what a normal freelance rate is for someone of your experience and skill level and then charge that.

Sounds like you’re charging so little that the guy in question feels that the 50% up front fee is a loss that he can simply walk away from.

-f.

hmm, $200 – 50% – it’s not that small amount.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Hi, Here is a great presentation by Mike Monteiro on problems with getting payed for your work. Be sure to check it out.

http://vimeo.com/22053820

It’s cool when you have a lawyer and when you’re working on domestic level, but what about international?

I had few problems lately for working customization, and the last guy, contacted me via email (he’s a regular buyer at envato, has a company for website design etc.), and I set the condition of 50% of payment in advance. He payed that. I did a lot more than we agreed, and really wanted to make the project the best it can be. This wasn’t just a regular replacing text, images, etc., no, it was total change of design, importing his ideas to the project. Everything was just great, he was very satisfied. At last, I sent him a low quality file with a “test render” watermark. Ofcourse, he didn’t pay me the rest of %55 of payment. First he said he was way busy, and I said ok. Then after I instisted couple of days later, he said that the banks are closed for holiday, I said ok. Then a week later, I was more in tone like this topic, and he said, ok, ok I will pay you now, tell me your payment details again. Then, he told me he’s having paypal issues, can he pay tommorow, I said OK. Since then he never payed. And, it’s not small amount of money. Waste of precious time.

I’m pretty sure, everyone here has had at least one situation like this. (I’ve had several :D )

So, how do we protect ourselves? 50% upfront is not enough.. He can just quit like this guy, and your time is lost for nothing. We can make contract’s, but who cares about it on inernational level..

Thoughts?

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Ofcourse, the standards have to go up, that’s what we were talking about earlier. But, it’s not easy job. Reviewer’s need to pick what’s good, and what’s bad. That’s not easy task.

As for copying, don’t know what to say. For example, I’m curently making a project where one part of it is maybe similar to one project here on VH, but my intention was not to copy it, or ever was, or ever will be, but I cannot explain that when someone here sees it. So we must think twice about that before we go to conclusions!

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Welcome to the site of great piece(s) of art in motion graphics! Feel like home (just take your shoes off)

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Welcome! ;)

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

awesome! breath taking!

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I’m running..

Down: 40 Mbps

Up: 15 Mbps

@Efekt, it’s funny because I’ve never seen a connection where the upload speed is faster than the download speed.

Me too, I work at telecommunication company, maybe something got to do with that.

Here’s my home connection:

D: 3,9

U: 0,24

:D

horrible (it’s cable, I should get DSL )

by
by
by
by
by
by