Posts by EFEKT_Studio

2412 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

@videomaster – yes, that’s the only solution for me.

@felt – yea, sometimes I export null’s and it’s the same issue, the solution is to orientate nulls as videomaster said. Rotating in AE – no, can, do. Then everything is screwed. Only in cinema. Anyway, sorry for this offtopic felt.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Here are some examples of people having the same issue:

Link 1

Link 2

etc.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Not sure I follow you. I’ve never had this problem.

Sure, the z-axis points in the other direction in AE and the AE y-axis shows a different direction to which it actually counts (i.e points up, counts down – a little idiosyncracy of AE). Other than that, the camera’s orientation is controlled by a position and point of interest, not an orientation…

C4D compensates for everything else in the export, as far as I’m aware.

-f.

Sorry I wasn’t clear enough. It’s not the camera problem at all, it’s the object with external tag on it, orientation problem. And I think it’s not the c4d problem, rather AE. Dunno

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Another good suggestion.

If you export an aec with your render, axis stuff should be sorted out automatically.

-f.

I am exporting with aec, but it still isn’t rotated as it should be. I tried to set up the preferences in c4d to rotate camera to world axis and other options, but it never worked. I have to manually orientate object’s axis with external tag, in order to work. This is common issue and other people have problems with this, and I didn’t find adequate answer. I did found out that by default everything should be +Z orientated when preparing to AE.

p.s. I’m talking about orientation, not rotation :)

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Since I’m actively learning Cinema 4D, I would like a tutorial on c4d and AE integration in terms of camera data. I had a pain in the a** trying to figure out why all the camera data from c4d when imported to ae is orientated in wrong direction by 90°. Then found out that object’s axis in c4d must be rotated accordingly. Actually I would like a c4d tutorial :D

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

I followed it and converted everything to aif, and while crashing reduced enormously I still managed to crash it one time, holding down ctrl and dragging CTI . But still nice to know that crashing is reduced. Thnx again for nice tip.

I think it’s not a matter of format, rather problems with your sound card settings. Do you have integrated sound card or external one?

I have external sound card RME Fireface 400, and had problems whenever I didn’t set FF400 sound output in AE’s sound settings. So, it is very important to set this in AE’s preferences. Also, it could be sample rate setting in your sound card. For example, I’ve had issues earlier, because I’ve been changing sample rate up to 192 khz because of audio mastering, and forgot that, and when in AE, it just tries to render, and in the end, just crashes.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

How to make extruded logo :P

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

down: 20

up: 78

:D

(but I’m at work right now :D)

but at home probably something similar like felt’s.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Is this situation appearing on every project you work on? Even with simplest bg and text layer? Check this one out. If it’s not showing up on simple project (one or two layer’s), than you’re having memory issues.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio says

The quality/size difference between FLV and F4V is negligible. I’ve tested it out a few times and was able to get comparable qualities at around the same file size with both formats. But our player will work with both. I’ll see about getting the upload text changed to show both of them.

Regarding MP4 , it is a strong possibility for the future, and actually something I’ve been considering. The issue is that for the most part MP4 ’s are usually much bigger than FLV ’s even though they’re still much smaller than something like AVI ’s.

If anyone’s having playback issues, it’s not due to the format, but probably due to the file size of the preview, mixed with your internet speeds. I’m lucky enough to have a Fiber Optic internet connection, and I have never had any issues with even the largest VH preview. Usually I don’t even see the buffer area on the timeline because the previews start playing for me instantly and finish buffering within a few seconds. But trust me when I say if we can manage to get MP4 ’s working at the level that FLV ’s are working now, it’s a switch I’d be 100% behind. It would be seamless for those browsing on the web, but it would make all of our videos available on mobile platforms.

Yea, but I’m 100% sure we will get lower quality and larger file size with mp4.

by
by
by
by
by
by