• Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
  • Referred between 500 and 999 users
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Let me add this.

It really frustrates me that someone think that just because I’m from Bosnia, or similar country, I should have less sales, and I’m satisfied with fifty bucks. Well, I am living in a relatively poor country but it’s not Zimbabwe. Want to hear something amazing? Food is cheaper in States than it is in Bosnia, not to talk about technology. If you don’t believe, check it out.

2252 posts Small, but tough
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

many authors here are from other countries non – usa so they don’t need to sell 50+ projects to be worthwhile, many times getting 5-10 sales of a $20 project is enough to put food on the table for a week, so it’s a win win for everyone.

+1

I am sorry, but i disagree with this statement. That’s quite an unfair thing to say. Even if an artist may be satisfied with less income than others, the way you put it one may assume that if you have two authors, one from USA and one (as you put it) “non-usa” to create the same project, the US guy SHOULD have more sales because he NEEDS MORE SALES to “put food on the table for a week” and the non-us guy needs a much smaller number of sales for that same reason. It may be true in economical terms and for offline freelance/local kind of stuff. But NEED is not equal with DESERVE . Not in a stock market business anyway where sellers and buyers are anonymous to each others.

In my opinion the project, the work, the art matters not the place you work from. I lived a while ago on a west Pacific island and did some freelance for companies in France, US and others. As a black joke i ask: Do you think anyone ever asked me if a live on the moon so they will know i only need air out there to survive?

With all due respect, although you are right about the currency/economical/local factors but in markets like this one where you work online and try to make a living (as few of the guys here do as i noticed) your WORK it’s what matters, NOT THE PLACE you are living in.

In my opinion a client should look at the price/quality and stuff like that, not thinking that an artist needs less or more income to live so that he as a buyer SHOULD pay less just because most of the authors “don’t need to sell 50+ projects to be worthwhile…”

And i am sure you are an important buyer but you are not the only buyer and i will like to think that not every client in this marketplace has this opinion and reasons his judgment regarding price/quality based on the seller’s residence.

+10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

p.s. If envato’s bothered to give away any money, the winner animation would be posted on envato’s blog, would be featured release of a week, and had promo banner on VH’s frontpage. I think that’s great reward :)

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

many authors here are from other countries non – usa so they don’t need to sell 50+ projects to be worthwhile, many times getting 5-10 sales of a $20 project is enough to put food on the table for a week, so it’s a win win for everyone.

+1

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Good idea, but judges should only and only be industry professionals, like felt said.

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

good idea. 320×180 though. 4×3’s so 20th century. :D -f.

Yea, :D

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

yea, I agree, author’s should have their own preview rendered, something like 320×240, some 10 seconds long, with lower quality, max. file size aprox. 500kb

What you think?

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

a kick ass typography project , something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mnvvVi4HaI&feature=player_embedded#at=23

Really involved!!! There are a few nice ones but I really wish someone knocked it out of the park.

thanks

Thnx, I’ll have that in mind ;)

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Any improvements? Mark?

It would be awesome to have at least 590×300 image preview, like other marketplaces.

• Elite Author
  • Bosnia and Herzegovina
+4 more
EFEKT_Studio says

Yeah, I put rendering time for one of my project, but with my configuration. It would be impossible to write down and test rendering times for different configuration’s.

by
by
by
by
by
by