2438 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

haha, as I’m reading this the front page is really full of these kind of “copies”. Look around :D

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

You could have chosen any one of hundreds of thousands of different concepts. You could have made a technically better executed version of any number of lesser selling files. You could have taken the self-same principle of Transforming Logo and applied a new aesthetic or a different feel to it. But apart from the technical difference of how you’ve achieved it, it is to all intents and purposes, the same file. I think we should be up front about that.

I am afraid that if we change the “you” in the above paragraph with” Nikolas” it will still make sense.. Dont want to bring the same old topic again.. please do not draw your guns.

Anyhow, I am still against rip offs and copies. It annoys us all.

@Nikolas – no offence dude, trying to prove a point.

@Ben – isnt “color” and “colour” both gramatically correct? :) (this is a serious question)

-inlife

I agree on this one!

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

It’d be nice if there were a VideoHive “Designer Series” or something like that, where a reviewer with years of Art Director/Creative Director experience hand picks only the best designed projects and places them in a separate section on the site. They’d have the premium price of $25 and above, but they’d all be worth it.
But, that man must have a design school degree, and know everything about design in general, principles of animation, composition, knowledge of arts and design schools troughout of history, color theory knowledge, and a lot of other things to make him adequate for that position. It’s a very, VERY responsible job, and I think that only a few or even none from videohive could do that job.
Actually, I can think of quite a few authors here whom I’d trust with that job!

Me too. One of them could be the guy above you :)

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

It’d be nice if there were a VideoHive “Designer Series” or something like that, where a reviewer with years of Art Director/Creative Director experience hand picks only the best designed projects and places them in a separate section on the site. They’d have the premium price of $25 and above, but they’d all be worth it.

But, that man must have a design school degree, and know everything about design in general, principles of animation, composition, knowledge of arts and design schools troughout of history, color theory knowledge, and a lot of other things to make him adequate for that position. It’s a very, VERY responsible job, and I think that only a few or even none from videohive could do that job.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

Great one felt, as always,.. Just what I’m talking about.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

I dunno, I don’t want my project’s being rejected just because felt_tips had a bad day..

hahah :D

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

Hi, welcome to the hive. You have some good points. Lately I found that a music track (specially if it’s included in the project) can trigger inspiration for me. I think a lot of it in my head, then maybe throw some sketches, think how it could be implemented and write that down also, think about color’s, composition, style, camera movement, 2d-3d, etc, and then work on project. I found that this way is more efficiant than just starting ae or cinema and work from nothing.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

What videohive need is a new reviewer which will only look at files quality, not the techincal details. Don’t get me wrong, I think plac and brain are doing a GREAT job, it’s just that they don’t have time to look at these kind of things. So, besides 2 reviewers we need a new reviewer, which could be from VH and that third one will only watch at project quality, is it a rip off from another media, or even from videohive, quality control, etc.

What you think about this?

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

Thank you felt, but I still didn’t get the answer. I suppose the best answer is to raise the prices (in my case), which I will do. So, as you said, if he has someone cheaper, then go to him, I know I don’t want to come in situations like this one again.

So, from now on, my basic customization is at least $200, and more complex one from $500 to $1000. I don’t care if no one will hire me. And I know, I will do a good job and put my maximum effort in to it, if there’s no tight deadline.

+9 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

Don’t charge peanuts. Go and look at what a normal freelance rate is for someone of your experience and skill level and then charge that.

Sounds like you’re charging so little that the guy in question feels that the 50% up front fee is a loss that he can simply walk away from.

-f.

hmm, $200 – 50% – it’s not that small amount.

by
by
by
by
by
by