2451 posts Small, but tough
  • Has referred 1000+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+10 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

Going out on a limb here, but I reckon Todd probably knows that one already! :) -f.

Yea, but you know, I thought I’m good at AE, but didn’t know that simple task :P I suck :D

+10 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

Yes. It’s CS4 too. CS3 too, if I remember, although I haven’t opened CS3 for a looong time.

Select property with expression.

Go: Animation -> Keyframe Assistant -> Convert Expression to Keyframes

-f.

it works. Thanks again. You should invite tod kopriva to teach him some lessons. :P

+10 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

but there is so much more which I really want to know.

Such as? (I want that cake) :D

-f.
Hahahah, well what I really would like to know is how you can control the expression. Like when you apply the wiggle expression to a camera the camera will have some movement. What I want to know do is to stop the movement in the middle of an animation. For example.

Excellent… I have just the thing. It will go in the tut.

felt will maybe give you a better answer, but here’s what I would do. Set your wiggle to camera, and when you’re ok with the settings, bake the camera and then you will have all the keyframes for position, rotation, etc. edit: but you need a script for baking the camera.

There’s an easy expressions way to do it, but you’ll have to wait for the tut for that. :)

You don’t need a script to bake an expression into keyframes. Just go to the keyframe assistant, under the Animation menu and choose Convert Expression to Keyframes. It will convert everything for the selected property to keyframes inside the work area and disable the expression (so you can turn it back on at any point). If you’re ever using heavy expressions (i.e. expressions that have loops, expressions that refer to other points in time, expressions that are longer than 50 lines etc. it’s good practice to bake them before you render anyway)

-f.
hahah, learning something every day. Felt – you’re the man :D

Are you sure this isn’t a CS5 option?

+10 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

haha, as I’m reading this the front page is really full of these kind of “copies”. Look around :D

+10 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

You could have chosen any one of hundreds of thousands of different concepts. You could have made a technically better executed version of any number of lesser selling files. You could have taken the self-same principle of Transforming Logo and applied a new aesthetic or a different feel to it. But apart from the technical difference of how you’ve achieved it, it is to all intents and purposes, the same file. I think we should be up front about that.

I am afraid that if we change the “you” in the above paragraph with” Nikolas” it will still make sense.. Dont want to bring the same old topic again.. please do not draw your guns.

Anyhow, I am still against rip offs and copies. It annoys us all.

@Nikolas – no offence dude, trying to prove a point.

@Ben – isnt “color” and “colour” both gramatically correct? :) (this is a serious question)

-inlife

I agree on this one!

+10 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

It’d be nice if there were a VideoHive “Designer Series” or something like that, where a reviewer with years of Art Director/Creative Director experience hand picks only the best designed projects and places them in a separate section on the site. They’d have the premium price of $25 and above, but they’d all be worth it.
But, that man must have a design school degree, and know everything about design in general, principles of animation, composition, knowledge of arts and design schools troughout of history, color theory knowledge, and a lot of other things to make him adequate for that position. It’s a very, VERY responsible job, and I think that only a few or even none from videohive could do that job.
Actually, I can think of quite a few authors here whom I’d trust with that job!

Me too. One of them could be the guy above you :)

+10 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

It’d be nice if there were a VideoHive “Designer Series” or something like that, where a reviewer with years of Art Director/Creative Director experience hand picks only the best designed projects and places them in a separate section on the site. They’d have the premium price of $25 and above, but they’d all be worth it.

But, that man must have a design school degree, and know everything about design in general, principles of animation, composition, knowledge of arts and design schools troughout of history, color theory knowledge, and a lot of other things to make him adequate for that position. It’s a very, VERY responsible job, and I think that only a few or even none from videohive could do that job.

+10 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

Great one felt, as always,.. Just what I’m talking about.

+10 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

I dunno, I don’t want my project’s being rejected just because felt_tips had a bad day..

hahah :D

+10 more
EFEKT_Studio
says

Hi, welcome to the hive. You have some good points. Lately I found that a music track (specially if it’s included in the project) can trigger inspiration for me. I think a lot of it in my head, then maybe throw some sketches, think how it could be implemented and write that down also, think about color’s, composition, style, camera movement, 2d-3d, etc, and then work on project. I found that this way is more efficiant than just starting ae or cinema and work from nothing.

by
by
by
by
by
by