Andrew, I use levels, not curves. So just you know. Curves sucks.
@Damir – First of all, don’t fire anyone.
As some other folks stated on the thread, I think that the best possible solution would be to make a contest to redesign envato style completely. I have 0 knowledge in web design, but as someone mentioned only this thing called CSS could be changed.
- Contest prize: $0, maybe a special badge & a credit to a winner for being really awesome designer / design team (the goal for authors wouldn’t be to compete for money, rather show off what they can do creatively. Envato cost – 0$ for best world site redesign. win/win.
- You get the best world designers to recreate worlds best digital marketplace
- Even if top selling authors wouldn’t go for this, I’m sure plenty of awesome designers would.
- Everyone posts their version of a design, themeforest reviewers choose top 10 designs.
- All authors vote for their favourite design
- All this can maybe take 1-2 months (or whatever it needs to be done)
What do you think? Other authors can give some extra ideas for this, and envato could at least try to take this proposition into consideration.
exponentially I still doubt monthly earnings have reached 10mil by now. At least that number is not supporting this theory.
Oh, I think you’re wrong there. Envato (without authors), made around 145.000 $.
On themeforest only.
In last week.
And this is just popular files.
I think themeforest only makes 10 mil a month.
is it just me or this is a bug?
Thanks for the reply Andrew, and yea, I am on a mac. Apple suckers!
Hi Andrew, aside from the topic, I was wondering whether you guys worked on version 2 stability, because I had quite some crashes with element when putting it on high tasks?
A lot of times when adding my own custom hdri maps (4-5K) I would have element either crash or loose “Scene Setup” button and my AE would go crazy. I had to reduce HDRI map size, which wasn’t a good option since I need stuff to look realistic for my projects.
What I bought from envato earnings:
- Mac Pro (Mid 2012)
- 2×2.4 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon
- 64 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC
- 2×27-inch Apple LED Cinema Display
- 2 TB SATA Disk
- 480 GB Solid State SATA Drive
- ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB
GPU needs change of course.
from a timelapse video, probably next to impossible, sorry.
Ah finally Great work. Keep improving our beloved envato.