Is there any reason why our Nerdy Ghost Theme isn’t showing on the homepage, is that because we have two Ghost Themes?
Yes, the marketplace homepages only display the single latest item from an author, to promote diversity and prevent overcrowding. If you look at the actual Blogging category page, you’ll see both of your themes are there
I have one more question: The article body tag should be filled with content? Or this must be entered from the web console by the client and we just have to create styles for the template tags?
Hi BittLoader, I recommend checking out the recording of the Live Training session with TypeEngine. Particularly from around 27:00 – 32:00 in the video focuses on your specific question.http://typeengine.net/new-theme-developer-workshop-video-available/
As per the TypeEngine Theme Submission Requirements we do require that sample markdown content be provided for each of your article templates as well, to help buyers get started using your theme. These could be simple text files included in your theme documentation.
The Blogging > Ghost Themes category (previously in beta) has now gone live! Congrats to all of the authors on their newly approved themes.
Don’t forget to follow the instructions on the main announcement under “What To Do After Your Items Are Approved”, such as filling out the Most Wanted Entry Agreement.
Keep the great submissions coming
$500 Bonus Prize for the best Ghost Theme converted from an existing theme or site template
Could explain this one?Is it allowed to convert your own theme or site template only? Or is it allowed to take an inspiration from someone else theme or site template?
Ghost Theme submissions may be converted from your own existing theme or site template designs. If so make sure to notify the reviewers of this fact and link to the existing item in the submission upload comments box. For instance:
Hooray! We’ve also had Moustachey approved http://themeforest.net/item/moustachey-a-ghost-blog-theme-with-extra-gusto/5883449 which is a direct port of our most popular WordPress blog theme: http://themeforest.net/item/moustachey-a-blog-theme-with-extra-gusto/3347168 Thanks Envato and ThemeForest
Hello! Can you explain what does “6+ article layouts” mean? Thank you!
Sorry if the original terminology caused confusion, I’ve changed it from “article layouts” to say “article templates” in the main post as well.
Hope this help clarify!
We reached our deadline and this event is now over! Winners will be announced soon!
We’ve put a $5,000 bounty on the head of Envato’s latest most wanted file type – Ghost Themes on ThemeForest. How do you collect? Be one of the first 20 authors to have a Ghost Theme uploaded and approved!If you haven’t already heard about it, Ghost is a blogging platform dedicated to one thing: Publishing. It’s beautifully designed, completely customizable and completely Open Source. Ghost allows you to write and publish your own blog, giving you the tools to make it easy and even fun to do. It’s simple, elegant, and designed so that you can spend less time messing with making your blog work – and more time blogging. Find out more about Ghost on Tuts+ and at www.ghost.org.
What’s The Reward?We’re handing out $250 for each of the first 10 Ghost Themes to get uploaded and approved on ThemeForest! We’ll hand out another $100 for each of the following 10 themes uploaded and approved after that.
- So that’s 10 x $250 for each of the first 10 approved items (submissions 1-10).
- And another 10 x $100 for each of the next 10 approved items (submissions 11-20).
- Making it a total of $3,500 for the first 20 Ghost Themes!
- Additionally, the first 10 approved items will be part of a featured collection that will appear on the ThemeForest homepage for 60 days.
- The first 10 approved items will also be a part of a featured collection that will mentioned in the December and January Envato Newsletter.
On top of all that, we’re giving out some whopping “Best Theme” bonus prizes (voted on by Envato Staff):
- $1000 Bonus Prize for the best original Ghost Theme!
- $500 Bonus Prize for the best Ghost Theme converted from an existing theme or site template!
- Each of the two bonus prize winning items will also be featured on the ThemeForest homepage for one week.
But wait, there’s more! We also partnered with the creators of Ghost to bring you some even sweeter rewards. The two “Best Theme” winners will also receive:
- 1 year FREE on the Ghost hosted service.
- A featured listing on the Ghost marketplace page.
- A 1 on 1 conversation with the core Ghost team to answer all of your questions, and give you the inside scoop on Ghost’s future plans and how you can be a part of them!
It’s a Race and Contest!This Envato’s Most Wanted is a race and a contest. And like any contest, you don’t want to be disqualified because you didn’t follow the rules. So as well as carefully following the procedure below, make sure you read the rules in full!
Here are the key details:
- Submit your items on or after Monday, October 14th and before the competition closes on Monday, November 11th at 12pm Central US time.
- The winning files will get a share of the $5,000 prize!
- For the first 20 cash prizes, each author is allowed to win a maximum of one (1) prize.
- All items submitted during the contest time period are eligible for the “Best Item” bonus prizes, not just the first 20 winners.
- Envato Staff will vote on the Bonus Prize entries/winners.
- Prizes are payable only via PayPal or Moneybookers/Skrill.
- All winners will also receive the much-desired Most Wanted Bounty Winner badge.
- Bonus Prize winners will also receive a “Won a Contest” badge.
- Winners will be announced 1-2 weeks after the event closes to ensure any late entries are processed. Prizes will be sent out 2-3 weeks AFTER the winners have been announced.
- Make sure you have completed our Most Wanted Entry Agreement form.
- Please DO NOT submit inquiries about prizes in the forums, via support, or directly to staff, we promise we won’t forget your prize!
How to Submit Your Items
- Get help installing the Ghost platform on your local system with this great screencast tutorial on Tuts+!
- Get started creating your own awesome Ghost Theme with this complete 6-part Ghost theme authoring tutorial series also from Tuts+.
- Upload your items according to the regular upload instructions.
- Make sure you’re familiar with the ThemeForest submission requirements
- Make sure you’ve followed all guidelines on the Ghost theme development documents on Ghost.org
- Submit your items to the Blogging > Ghost Themes category on ThemeForest.
- Ghost Theme submissions may be based on your own existing theme or site template designs. Make sure to notify the reviewers of this fact and link to the existing item in the submission upload comments box.
- Multiple submissions from the same author must be different to one another.
What To Do After Your Items Are ApprovedOnce your items have been approved, do the following as soon as you can:
- Complete the Most Wanted Entry Agreement. By doing this, you agree to keep any winning entries online for a minimum of two years.
- Post your approved entries in this thread.
It’s as simple as that! The first 20 files to be uploaded (and subsequently approved) based on the above requirements win. All files submitted before the contest ends have a shot at one of the two bonus prizes. Good luck!
Bummer. I missed the training session. Is there an archive of the session available?
Not to worry! Both training sessions were recorded by TypeEngine, so you can watch and re-watch them anytime
I would start by watching the second & most recent training session here:
The initial training session covered similar ground, but had a much more extensive Q & A section, so it may fill in any gaps if you still have unanswered questions after checking out the first link above:
If you still have any questions after that, feel free to post them here! We’ll also be posting a written TypeEngine tutorial on Tuts+ in the near future, so stay tuned.
oh, sorry I understand now… thanksADG3studios said
One more thing…
Why is useful the “Instrumental Only” option ? If it’s a song without voices/vocal samples… why should we have to mark that option ? Isn’t obvious that if have no voices in the song therefore should be instrumental only ?thanks
It’s for when you include an instrumental version along with the vocal version in the submission.If you only have an instrumental version, click N/A for vocals
The “Instrumental Version Included” option in the attribute multi-select box is for when a separate instrumental arrangement is included along with the primary vocal version, such as in this item.
The “Instrumental Only” checkbox above this is for when your item does not include any vocals at all. This checkbox used to be simply labeled “N/A”, but was changed to “Instrumental Only” for clarity. While it may seem obvious, requiring this checkbox ensures that no “Vocals In Audio” attributes have been unintentionally selected.
Greetings AudioJungle! We’ve added a minor update to the “Vocals In Audio” attribute to make it even clearer for authors and buyers alike.
In addition to the “Lead Vocals”, “Background Vocals/Harmonies”, and “Vocal Samples” options, you can now also multi-select “Instrumental Version Included”.
As you may be aware, songs containing vocal elements may be perceived as having less utility in some cases, as many buyers need to add their own voice-overs and audio content over top of a track. Bundling an instrumental version in your item provides buyers this greater overall flexibility and increases the potential for sales. Selecting “Instrumental Version Included” easily lets buyers know that an instrumental version is included along with your full vocal arrangement.
If your item does not include any vocals at all, simply select the “Instrumental Only” checkbox above the attribute.
Don’t forget, use ctrl+click on a PC or command+click on a Mac to multi-select all attribute options that apply. Information in the Knowledgebase article has also been updated to reflect these additions.