Please use images! There is nothing worse than buying a shiny new theme and finding dull grey boxes all over it. All the best selling themes have images. There are tons of free image sites. Use them!
Our latest item got rejected for using our own copyrighted images in the item available for download. And that was the only reason, in the last rejection.
So I guess we are no longer allowed to use images in the templates available for downloads. Just simple gray placeholders.
And we receive emails with users asking for the demo images.
I guess the placeholder idea is not that great.
I definitely feel like it’s taking FAR too long for themes to move through the queue these days. We all appreciate the process and the points regarding exposure – but 7/8 days before it even gets a look-in? And then another 3 days on top of that when you’ve got a soft-rejection fix to make? It’s just too long.
Same thoughts here about this.
1. I think there are a few reviewers that handle all this huge volume of submissions. It’s a hard job, we know. Maybe increasing the nr of reviewers will be an idea for the future.
2. Also did not found the “HTML Templates Submission Requirements” in the below list, maybe I am not seeing it.https://help.market.envato.com/hc/en-us/sections/200615794-ThemeForest-Author-Handbook
I am saying this because there are some requirements on HTML templates which are new to some of us:
- like not allowing anymore real demo images, placeholders with gray bg, and text only. I am talking about the files available to download for user, not previews on servers. Even if the images are totally made by us will full copyrights.
I think it should be pointed somewhere, because can slow down submission process.
Other than this, hands up for the reviewers, with each new rejection we became better in what we do
I guess that this was your attempt for Micro Niche Themes contest, right?:) The problem with this design is that it looks kinda outdated. All those patterns, shadows etc just don’t look very modern at all. I bet that two or three years ago, this would be a bestseller here on ThemeForest, maybe even today it would sell good, but reviews are probably looking only for more trendy designs. I would definitely try to upload it to another marketplace, I believe that it has a potential for sales.
Yes it’s one of the themes we created especially for the “Micro Niche Themes”.
All those patterns, shadows etc we added on purpose. I know maybe this tehnique is old but this is the only way to add uniqueness to a niche theme right? I mean aren’t clients tired of all this themes looking the same, with just some eye catching photos, and that’s all. And didn’t this was the purpose of micro niche themes with unique designs that reflect that micro niche.
I guess I now realise why all the latest themes looks the same…..they are guided to be like this by the same vision
Publish it as light version on wordpress org, add more features to create a pro version to sell on your own website. Be free and independent from reviewers design preferences.
For now we do not have our own selling system, maybe in the future we will build one.
Anyway we decided to give it another try, and yes remove all this “uniqueness” from it, creating a light version with just more CSS design, and impresive images, and submit it again, first as HTML template and after Wordpress.
Any more feedback is more than welcome.
Looking for ideas on what to do with hard rejected items.
Recently got rejected on THIS item, and I was curious what authors are doing with this “cannot be resubmited” items. Maybe give them for free, delete them ?
Also a feedback on our design might be great, to see what other eyes think about it. This might help improving our skils.
I am personally not a fan of multipurpose themes for the following reasons:
1) They are bloated and tend to load slower than a single-theme, this is due to an increase in the number of scripts used
2) They can be confusing for clients, most of my clients just want to be able to edit the text and a few colours and not have to deal with different layouts, different header styles etc
3) They aren’t brandable, if I buy a single niche theme e.g. a kindergarten I can brand this to my clients business, the multipurpose themes tend to be bland and boring (imho)
4) From a developers pov, if a client wants a certain feature added / removed, it can be a pain to find the right template and the right line of code as it’s just a jumble of functions doing if elses of the theme options,
I always get my clients to choose niche themes related to their industry as (in my opinion) they are better designed (for their purpose) and aren’t trying to do 10 other things.There is a market for multipurpose themes but I find it’s the “noob buyers” who aren’t sure what they want and just buy the theme with the most options so they can test out every option.
I have to 100% agree Gareth.
I don’t understand people buying this kind of themes.
I hope they realise that each license is for a single end product. So you buy a multipurpose theme, and you choose a layout you like, and get a final end product. I am pretty sure their clients will not change so soon the skin or the niche of their website.
So you will end up with a website fully loaded with files and options, plugins, scripts…etc, and just used for 10% of what the theme offers.
And if you want to use the theme for another website you will have to buy another license.
Psychologically people buy them thinking they get more.
I only admire this themes for the technologically part, it’s quite hard to build one.
definitely a bonsai
Great contest ! This is what we need, diversity, to push our imagination
Just in time we got back from our summer holiday. We are in.
Good luck to all of you.
I guess you mean Benidorm, and not Babidorm right?
The biggest rental website in Spain is THIS ONE
If you speak spanish a little I suggest finding a local real estate company and talk directly to them.
Rental prices in Benidorm are quite small, around 500$ depending on your needs. And the buildings are big as you can see in the pictures. You can stay at 20 th floor with a nice sea view if you want.
Good luck. Spain is amazing.